Are any other women tired of this?

Best you’ll get is shirt, glove, boot, and leg mogs that all line up extremely well.

There is absolutely no lack of full coverage armor, though. We have the opposite problem, we don’t have enough skimpy gear.

I’m not even sure how one of the few items of leg armor that they really like turns out to be a surprise armorkini on their toon when they don’t want to play male characters at all.

We haven’t had a true bikini piece added in literal ages, and most everything that would be of the gender-convertible armor variety is pretty low res gear from early WoW.

1 Like

I know :slight_smile: I love my sprite darter mog I got with my 6 month sub. Another set of WIngs FTW :slight_smile:

1 Like

Being restricted to only using dated gear is hardly a fair compromise. I haven’t personally had any experience with what OP is talking about, but I have seen women portrayed with DD’s, wearing skimpy outfits, etc. my entire life in games. If they’re finding women to be objectified in-game, they probably aren’t wrong. I’m not advocating for removal of gear design, but it probably isn’t asking a lot to request the ability to choose between a skirt or pants for a gear set–if that in fact is her issue.

You either like it or don’t like it. Make up your mind.

There are PLENTY of options that either show skin or don’t.

If you don’t like showing skin, then pick something that doesn’t.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to get an all black seemless outfit for a long time. I need to level a rogue for the defias set. I also wish we could transmog white armor I have a black embersilk gown that I love and there are a lot of cool dress options in Stormwind that I like.

Oh man… I don’t know how much input Yoko Taro had in the whole Nier event but… that second phase it’s amazing and it’s something as unsettling as what he would come up with.

I’m cool with that. Options are good.

Ironically, I have the opposite issue. There are chest pieces that show up as crop tops on DHs but not on my Druid. I’d like the option for what the DHs get.

So yup, works for me. :+1:

You know what I do when I get a piece of armor I don’t like? I use the transmogrifier.

I’m also a female who likes cute and sexy mogs.

I honestly don’t know which direction devs are going for.

I was really disappointed when they changed the AQ robes top into tanktops instead of spaghetti straps.

And then last night my friend got his new cloth legendary legs (Grim-Veiled Pants) and we both laughed at how super low-rise it was and how it was totally showing his undead female toon’s buttcracks.

The fact that we still have to use the toy to wear a Winter outfit that doesn’t look like it was pulled from an N64 game is disappointing, and that version is more “practical” on lady toons.

The updated suits should be in the wardrobe, Blizz.

1 Like

Not really. If you want armor that doesn’t show skin you have a mountain of looks to choose from, but if you want to show skin you have a minuscule amount, and most of them are a decade old.

These days even just a low enough collar to see some cleavage is incredibly rare.

I mean, requesting more skimpy options is fine as well. But OP is literally getting bullied and being told to play a male toon by numerous people on the post for what they’re perceiving as being objectified, and I can understand how some women might feel like they’re getting April O’Neiled while the rest of the boys get to play as Ninja Turtles if the current set appearance doesn’t fit their preference on how they would like to be portrayed in-game.

I’m not for or against anything other than saying Blizzard could easily solve this issue by giving the ability to change a few appearance options with current tier, i.e. the ability to change legs into pants or a skirt, a top into full plate or an armor bikini top, etc. I understand there’s plenty of options for either form of dress, but I can understand not wanting to wear green legs from Vanilla or whatever.

Doesn’t hurt that it’s a pretty hard fight for the 24-mans. Also the music. Hearing Torn from the Heavens, Grandma Destruction, and The Dark Colossus Destroys All in the same fight is just chef’s kiss

And yeah…he had a lot of input. The first boss of Puppet’s Bunker is literally a Black Flower, but one produced by YoRHa.

Think about the implications of that for a minute and realize then just how scary this raid is conceptually. The only one more terrifying in concept was Alexander.

I just want more shorts and kilts. One of the transmogs I have for my leather wearers does have shorts and sleeveless top but shorts only in green.

I meant that only there are plenty of OPTIONS. Sorry, my punctuation was off.

I agree, I’d like a few more options that show MORE skin, honestly.

They don’t actually make a lot of skimpy armor anymore. Pick things not from Classic or TBC and you will be fine. Matching an item with other parts of a set is a bit lazy anyhow, you should be grateful than the game is encouraging you to match with some pants from a later set.

I think this is just media in general.

You got heavy plate armor in video games looking like a bikini, you got roughed survivors in apocalypse movies looking like they have their make-up and hair fully done, and we haven’t even went into the japanese media yet.

I find that things are “sexualized” because that’s what sells, it’s fanservice, and while I’m not against people enjoying things being sexualized (either out of perversion or they just like the skimpy style), however, I feel like it’s so common it begins to get annoying, but that’s just my opinion.

Sure there is non-skimpy transmog to wear, but it’s annoying that skimpy is the default, I feel the armor should be neutral and skimpy should be a option, but again, it’s about what sells.

I also agree that you shouldn’t have to play as a male just to not deal with that problem, as a guy, I never play as female, only rare occasions would I ever have a female character. (though I’m not sure why you’d consider it creepy tbh)

2 Likes

It’s frustrating that I get a lot of negative feedback for my mog so I wear a tabard to hide my mog.

1 Like

First, wish I could upvote you for all the juicy details.

Second… now I’m sad I don’t play FF due to technical limitations and time limitations.

FF players should be glad Taro didn’t convince them to make a fight like that of the Queen Beast in Drakengard 1.