Arcanite Reaper realm needs DESPERATE HELP!

So what you’re saying is that I should post on my retail toon from now on to move the ratio

I have almost given up on selling mooncloth and mooncloth bags. Every other Vanilla experience I have been in… as long as I listed my mooncloth at market value it always sold. Same with bags. At this point on AR it can take several days of constant undercutting to move it.

1 Like

Yeah the ah is pretty tricky on alliance side as well. Some greens I just end up vendoring instead of putting up with deposit loss.

I dropped tailoring pretty quickly for herbalism. Never looked back.

As someone who is re-rolling from an ultra-crowded server - AR is a godsend. You can actually do things and go places without tripping over people every step of the way.

My hope is that I can eventually get to 60 and be part of a real community like it was in vanilla rather than spend my game time as orc warrior #34697456

1 Like

First of all, if you’re going to talk about how easy retail is post on a toon that’s actually done something difficult in retail. You’re talking about LFR and free epics and warmode bonuses as if that is end game content.

Second, i don’t imagine it would be very fun for classic players to go talk about how bad retail is because retail players have a firm grasp on reality and realize it’s MANY faults. It’s fun stomping on classic babies because you can’t acknowledge the problems here. You don’t even know what you’re missing from REAL Vanilla which is the saddest part.

Finally, this is a super necro. What did you get banned for a couple months or something?

1 Like

Simple, despite the fact actual content has been time gated, we’re on patch 1.12. Outside of programming errors and bugs, no content in Vanilla is actually difficult to perform. It’s just the preparation that was so bad. People are ALREADY farming naxx resist items. They know what to expect. They know all the strategies. People are already accounting for additional tanks in their raid make ups. This content CAN’T be challenging because it’s already been beaten.

For some, it’s absolutely the best game they have ever played, and continuing to enjoy it as is is all they want.

I’m not sure what factors would make for an objective measure of good with regards to a game, but it would be interesting to hear your viewpoint.

Personally, I really like Mythic+ instances in Retail, but I have heard from some who really like Classic that they hate Mythic+, as an example. I can imagine that it would be difficult to find 2 players who share the exact same opinions on precisely what is good and what is lacking with regards to almost any game.

Added the steps you were missing.

1 Like

That actually reads as much more similar to my recollection of how things played out.

If Classic is the best game you have ever played then there is something wrong with you or your previous games library.

Seriously.

It’s a fun game, (not as good as Vanilla was mind you) but it has multiple problems. As i said, SOME people can’t acknowledge those problems and it’s pathetic.

Seems like AR leveled out. It’s pretty active now. At least I’m always running into people and have trouble getting groups.

Possibly, but that’s an opinion.

I’ve met at least a handful of people in my leveling journeys whose first introduction to WoW has been Classic, and among them at least one had never even played an MMORPG previously.

WoW, in general, is arguably one of the best, if not the best game ever made. Of course there are some subjective parts to that, but subscription numbers over the past 15 years are also some pretty strong evidence that may help to support an objective argument.

There are definitely some problems, as I would imagine any group of millions of people would have with anything they shared.

Yeah this topic is almost two months old. I’ve been very happy with Arcanite Reaper since they opened the second wave of transfers the same day this topic was made in October. If anything, lately AR almost seems over-crowded at least compared to what I’ve been used to for the past three months. A lot of my out of the way level 60 farming haunts don’t feel so out of the way anymore, even on very non-peak hours.

Now if only Blizz could do something about the A:H faction imbalance but that is obviously a problem for lots of realms right now.

I’m not sure why this is being posted in again.

Agree with all of this! This server brings back all the memories of my days in Vanilla as the server grew.

I also believe it’s as a other poster mentioned, your experience will vary based on lvl. I have yet to encounter any issues finding groups as I progress through my leveling, however I could understand how MC/Ony may require a bit of work during prime time. Anything else though I see groups popping off steady.

Yes, AH could have more turnover, but that will happen eventually.

I enjoy being able to do a /who and recognizing many of the names from pugs and questing.

#nochanges

Arcanite Reaper need more horde and what do they get instead? Swifty

Except Swifty’s on Anathema.

I think AR is a little better on the balance than others. As someone with a mage still stuck on Fairbanks it’s definitely worse there. lol

But yet a little touch up wouldn’t hurt.

That sucks. This has traditionally been what happens to transfer servers. Im sorry for those that moved and had no idea it would be a dead server in a few months, as has happened dozens of times before.

Hopefully blizzard will consider merges or paid transfers for those in need on dead/broken servers.

I hope you arent using the census addon to check server population.

Blizzard broke that a while back

1 Like