Arcane Linguist Broken

I haven’t been able to study under different language’s for so long I have grown dim to the ways of arcane and have regressed to the light.

4 Likes

Please don’t forget about this next Tuesday, Blizz, please. I want to speak other languages again, as the spell has always allowed you to do.

1 Like

Seriously… 26 weeks (less I lost count). While there have been ways to kind of work around it, it really is not the same. We miss this feature, one simply broken and not repaired. We know what caused it, we know when… And we want it back.

6 Likes

And welcome to week 27. We are passed the half a year mark of this feature being broken.

3 Likes

Week 28 and a new patch! Arcane Linguist remains only half-functional, but new content at least.

4 Likes

Still holding out hope that the “Linguist” in Arcane Linguist will be restored.

1 Like

It is Week 29 and still holding out.

Hope is not lost!

1 Like

Ayep, still borked.

1 Like

This is probably the saddest thing that has ever happened to my mage tbh. And he’s paraplegic so that’s saying something. But I seriously hope this gets addressed; I hate starting an rp with my usual buddies and then being abruptly reminded that he can’t speak like he used to. It’s like part of his personality is gone. Like, what kind of Kirin-Tor professor am I if I can’t communicate with my students/other scholars or recite spells in the elven tongue? Magic doesn’t teach itself, you know! At this rate, these kids are doomed to be swallowed by the tide. /s i g h

That being said, this whole thread seemed, to me, like the crazed journal of a desperate mage after some magical mishap because of the “update: nothing has changed” comments lmao. I imagined something like:

(a short entry has been lazily scrawled on a torn piece of parchment. The ink has been smeared and there is no sign of the actual journal)

“Journal entry number–actually, I’m not even sure how long it has been anymore.

But, an update. There is no update. I seriously think this failure has melted part of my brain… Khadgar insists that he can fix this, but I think he might’ve done it on purpose, that bastard. Jaina probably put him up to it.

These side effects are troubling, however. I’ve already forgotten languages that I’ve spoken since I was a child, but then what? By the light, next thing I know I’ll be a drooling vegetable. I really hope this isn’t permanent…”

So at least I got a good laugh out of this whole ordeal. But good luck, my friends! Here’s to hoping this gets fixed soon :0

2 Likes

Here is to hoping someday soon we’ll get this fixed and returned to us. Sadly, we have entered into week 30 of this ordeal.

1 Like

Blizz please fix this asap. we have been waiting forever. I can’t even speak common.

1 Like

Hopefully, someday soon. For now… it is now week 31.

3 Likes

Can we get some type of answer?

1 Like

Not here. This forum is one-way only: you report, QA forwards to devs if they think the bug looks legit.

Unless the bug is pervasive and game breaking, there’ll be no feedback at all. Feedback might lead players to the incorrect belief that they’re guaranteed a fix for their report.

Reporting every week. I’m not about to let this go. I always loved this flavor for RP and it’s really discouraging to have it broken for no reason at all.

2 Likes

Good luck.

AFAIK, the benchmark for persistence in bumping to try to get a change reverted is the #Battleforfullscreen crew who bumped and posted and lobbied for about a year with no effect.

You may be in this for a while.

1 Like

Well, it has been 32 weeks and we are not giving up. Long as it takes, whatever it takes, we are not letting them forget.

1 Like

33 Weeks! It has been 33 weeks since the ability broke.

Hope has not died yet. Not entirely.

2 Likes

I’m still holding out.

1 Like

Do I hear week 34?

2 Likes