Arcane Linguist Broken

Week 35 and this issue endures. I remain unable to speak anything other than the race’s default languages with Arcane Linguist. I can understand others, but… For many years the ability to speak came with them.

Still… we wait.

2 Likes

Welcome to week 36. No change has occurred.
The cause for the bug has long been known, but no word has come as to if/when it will be fixed.

5 Likes

You’ve been a real MVP Eiridiel, here’s hoping our patience pays off.

The 8.2.5 PTR as of today also has not fixed this issue, despite Linguist still being in my Mage’s spellbook.

4 Likes

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Never gonna stop complaining about my linguist!

2 Likes

Its been a few weeks and I feel terrible. But… It is week 39. Has anyone heard anything?

1 Like

9/18/2019, still broken.

1 Like

Welcome to a new patch! And Week 41.
No change on Arcane Linguist.

4 Likes

This ability is very important for RP and now its taken the fun from it. Remember blizzard, a portion of your customer base are RP players dont lose them now.

5 Likes

Still waiting for this to be fixed. Roleplayers really enjoy it. Why take it from them? Very obvious bug but no word on a fix.

4 Likes

I really don’t think they care to be honest.

Ok but the players do. Roleplayers are the most diligent of the WoW player base and will play the game even at its lowest points. It wouldn’t bode well to ignore them when they break a piece of immersion that makes their game-play more fun.

4 Likes

And it is week 43… Getting closed to a year.

2 Likes

They think we’ll forget, but we wont.

1 Like

was going through old posts about Arcane Linguist being broken before and what i noticed was it broke back in 2016/07/19 and wasn’t fixed again until 2017/10/10… so 1 year 5 months for the last fix

2 Likes

So basically we need to wait until patch 8.3.0 at this rate.

2 Likes

Nope. Too big a deal to RP. I’ll dog-with-a-bone this one.

1 Like

It’s good to know at least it was fixed at one point, for what I’m assuming is probably the same bug.

1 Like

Welcome everyone to Week 45. No matter how long it takes, I intend to keep on this (with some regularity) till we see some movement.

It is good to know there is -some- hope, even if it may take a long time before we see it.

1 Like

Ayep….a golden opportunity to make an RP interaction with a couple of new players sparkle a bit more, last night…

My human piping in with some Darnassian would have been a cherry on top, but alas and alack, once again this being busted made it all less awesome than it could have been.

Fiiiiiix Iiiiiit

1 Like

Week 47, and there is no sign of any change.
At least we have an expansion to look forward to.

1 Like