Ara'lon and winter queen are evil (spoiler)

I’m sorry I am sending my hunter to Ardenweald and my shadowpriest. my warlock and DH tothe vampires and my DK to Maldraxxis

Either take souls not fully manifested in Ardenweald yet, or try to find a fringe solution for a world ending event never seen in entire lifespan of the Shadowlands and pray you aren’t wrong.

You can say it’s wrong but this is honestly one of those “morally grey” type situations. Leaders have to make tough choices and she is preserving those who have existed in Ardenweald and the zone over taking new souls. Same thing happened with the Archon in the Uther short.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t listen to @jd he’s a bitter person all around.

PS @jd my Vulpera mage needs a guild invite and I’m going night fae on every character.

I think you might have a misunderstanding of what kind of souls go to Ardenweald.

3 Likes

I don’t think the sacrifice was to save just a few squirrels and deer though. I believe the sacrifices are made so as to keep Ardenweald from collapsing into nothingness.

Can’t have the cycle of life, death, and rebirth without some place for have that cycle to take place.

1 Like

Cant believe we are being asked to save dead people. Someone needs to close the portal before the xpac even launches.

Something to be considered here is the soul in question.

Ursoc.

The Demi-god of Guardian Druids, who are sworn to sacrifice everything to protect their friends, homes, and innocent lives.

Typically we find them sleeping, working in the Emerald Dream, and it is from there that they work.

However that is but a fragment of their purpose, we call them Guardian for a reason…that is what they do. Could anyone say Ursoc wouldn’t have gladly given of himself to save Ardenweald?

Can the winter Queen communicate with the souls in her charge? This possibility exists.

I was as saddened to see this sacrifice made as anyone, but…

Can we truly say Ursoc’s noble soul, truly did not want the sacrifice?
That he did not approve of the decision?
That he may not have very well known what was happening and outright demanded to be allowed to go once more into the breach in defense of the wilds of Ardenweald?

It would be very like him to do all of these things.

We should not rush to judgment on the actions of individuals we have not met yet in circumstances that are not entirely clear to us yet. We have but a snippet of the story, allow the rest to unfold.

And Honor the sacrifice of the Protector, willing or otherwise.

9 Likes

in the end it seems that they will sacrifice many more souls

1 Like

What do the great sequoias have to do with it?

I find it ironic that a member of the Horde, (who has thoroughly participated in the war effort hordeside, right down to burning Teldrassil at the orders of his warchief) suddenly is worried about the efforts of the Winter queen to keep Ardenweald from dying entirely.

3 Likes

And it may have to happen to keep Ardenweald alive. If Ardenweald didn’t exist, there would be no cycle of rebirth; these souls would all end up in the Maw, and Wild Gods that fall in battle will never again return.

The Jailor is breaking the cycle of rebirth. This is his fault and his alone; the Winter Queen is doing what she can to maintain the realm. We need to help her restore the anima flow so that no one else has to die. That’s the story of Ardenweald, and it’s exactly why it’s my Covenant of choice. So far it’s the only one I have a strong urge to save.

3 Likes

It would be different if they asked and decided to sacrifice of their own free will

If they didn’t do that those souls will still die when they ran out of food supply, it would be murder + suicide.

1 Like

Not to mention Ara’lon yeeting through the trees like a satyr ninja and beating the crap out of 5 of his friends with absolutely zero F**ks to give.

Not even launched and we have Shadowlands MVP.

7 Likes

THAT just made me want playable fauns. I don’t care Horde or Alliance, that viciousness was incredible. I absolutely love everything I’ve seen of Ardenweald.

6 Likes

As much as I hated what was done to Ursoc. The decisions that were made. We only see a tiny part of what is happening.

Ursoc is no more and no less important than others in the Shadowlands. I am sure there are many other important characters from other worlds that we have no clue about.

We don’t see the whole picture here and yet we are making some irrational judgments based on very little information. We are not see all. We are not gods that see the bigger picture here.

The decisions that are being made by the leaders of each covenant are not easy. In fact, no matter what decisions are made, there will always be others that will harshly judge those decision.

I for one, would never want to be in their shoes…

5 Likes

A detachment of Fauns deciding to come to Azeroth as an Alliance AR would actually be kind of neat. Horde could pick up something from Maldraxxis or Revendreth. Maybe Kael’thas could lead them, I heard he might be getting a revival of some kind, but that is just rumor based on a blue comment.

1 Like

Well you have The Jailer and Sylvanas to blame for that.

Their actions are killing The Shadowlands, causing Maldraxxus to crumble in infighting, Bastion to reject their charge, Ardenweald to die, and Revendreth to forsake its duty.

6 Likes

Can you prove it wasn’t asked at this point?

The Winter Queen can communicate with the denizens of Ardenweald through telepathy.

Do we know this doesn’t extend to the souls ultimately within her charge?

No we do not yet know this.

What we know is that we, on our plane of existence, can still communicate with Wild Gods/Loa if they choose to communicate with us while resting in the shadowlands.

Is it unreasonable to think that these demi-gods could communicate with the Winter Queen if necessary?

Is it unreasonable to think that that communication works both ways?

We are dealing with situations we were never meant to see as living beings and the information we have is extreamly limited. I think with-holding judgement on all of this until the whole story is presented is a better call, especially stories involving noble spirits such as Ursoc, and even Uther.

Could it have been a cold , cruel Calculation made for the survival of the realm without consulting Ursoc?
Possible…its possible that he had the strongest soul and could hold the line the longest against the drought while she figured out what to do to save what souls she could. This is part of real world combat command decisions, who can hold out the longest while I try and find some way to salvage this situation. You don’t ask, you just do.

Could there also have been communication between the Winter Queen and Ursoc that we are not privy to?
It is absolutely possible given what communication abilities we see her use.

There is not enough information to draw conclusions at this point in the story and when you are dealing with the survival of others over Ursoc…that is his purpose in life and death, his life for theirs.

7 Likes

The Shadowlands should have had a contingency in place when the Anima Droughts started! Namely a contingency to start drawing Anima directly from the Soul Stream itself(and into all the Death Realms)! The creators of the Purpose didn’t consider Anima Droughts as they never had it break down before!