Ara'lon and winter queen are evil (spoiler)

Well, in fairness, there is a difference between sacrificing oneself (which is what Spock did) and sacrificing others (which is what Illidan did).

Kinda like the saying that goes something like “You don’t have to be faster than the (insert predatory animal/zombies/whatever here) chasing you, you just have to be faster than one other person also being chased.” I forget the exact wording.

I read the op argument and almost had an aneurysm.

1 Like

Ha!

More paying the price for their hubris and incompetence.

Hundreds of thousands actually

This is all Syl’s fault who caused a disaster ruin, as if what he did in Azeroth was not enough.

From their perspective, you’re the evil one.

the leaders of the shadowlands weren’t doing their job! they let the jailer do what he wanted, they failed! even more so the archon that when devos told her that the power of the maw came to azeroth and it was a giant alarm signal to know that something was terribly wrong and she did nothing!

no doubt Ursoc would make the sacrifice for Ardenweald. But when you have a being as powerful as him to me it would make more sense to keep him alive and resurrect him rather then someone else. He has a much better chance at stopping/helping to stop w/e is happening to Ardenweald.

he’s not cool enough to be baphomet, baphomet rules

For humane, ethical culling, always use infinity stones?

Liar liar pants on fire.

1 Like

If we are being realistic, in the end what happened to Ursoc is what he would have wanted if it meant saving nature in any way.

Well it would certainly be covered by lore. Azeroth needs all the druids and defenders it can get. And seeing as Azeroth seems to be one of if not the only planet thats leading the charge in the battle against evil as a whole, then that would mean if it fell… there wouldn’t be many left to stand up for the shadowlands or the other surviving worlds.

I guess by virtue of that realization, it could give a lot of the beings from the shadowlands reason to leave it’s barriers and fight.

the difference is that they asked him he did not sacrifice of his own free will

Bastion hasn’t abandoned it’s charge, which is part of the problem. That stupid Path of theirs means they are still ferrying souls to the Shadowlands where everyone just flows past the Arbiter to get launched into the Maw.

2 Likes

They are the worst covenant! i can’t believe blizz makes uther and devos the villains!

1 Like

There are strong indications that it’s actually a massive conspiracy (although of course it’s very likely the Jailer at the head of it). Other than that I agree though, the Queen is doing what she can to preserve as much as she can from the Drought (which is how the Shadowlands perceives all the newly dead being diverted to the Maw instead of allocated by the Arbiter).

P.S. If Ursoc isn’t in the Maw, doesn’t that significantly narrow the timing on when the Drought started? Sylvanas’s bargain with Helya and Genn breaking the lantern both happened before EN.

3 Likes

I thought the same thing the first time we saw him lol!
He just needs a red scarf :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m leaning on end of Legion since we know that the lives lost at Teldrassil are in the Maw, but Ursoc and Ysera made it to Ardenweald.

It’s a fan theory but my bet is on the death of a Titan (specifically a Titan of Death) that started the unravel of the machinations of death. Either that, or perhaps the shattering of the lantern in Stormheim (though that technically happened before Emerald Nightmare so unlikely).

But yeah, it broke sometime in Legion it looks like.

What’s eating the anima in the first place. It looks like it’s being feed into life at a un-sustainable rate. Perhaps in the jailers reign he told life NO, these souls need to go thru the proper cycle and his imprisonment was the result.

Thus we have the afterlife time enhanced rush job.