Ara'lon and winter queen are evil (spoiler)

Have you people learned NOTHING from Star Trek?

9 Likes

put your spoilers in the body, not BEFORE THE SPOILER TAG

I’ve been calling him that too :smiley:

3 Likes

So it’s ok to kill innocent people for a greater ‘good’?
This just sounds like rationalizing murder.

2 Likes

One soul for the forest whole. It was a truly terrible sacrifice… but because of it, others may yet live.

4 Likes

Do you have some kind of, I don’t know, proof that this was their first option? Considering everything going on in the zone seems to suggest that this was the absolute last thing on their list, I’m gonna assume “no.”

3 Likes

i love star trek! spock sacrificed himself of his own free will

1 Like

While true, the sentiment still stands and was echoed other times in the shows and movies, sometimes by an order, other times by choice.

Winter Queen is a force for good, go look at the shadowlands loading screen and you will see good vs evil characters.

Mr Tumnus was so fierce fighting to defend the egg.

9 Likes

Assuming you operate on the idea that morality is surface-level, that is.

This is not right because Margrave Krexus is on Jailer side at the loading screen but he is one of the good guys.

The evil is in the jailer and Sylvanas, not the Winter queen.

6 Likes

that’s the problem I saw in all of this! does not make me love the winter queen!

1 Like

More like “we’ll literally all die if we don’t take some souls.”

Is it good? No. But in a survival situation, people will turn to drastic things.

3 Likes

It’s rough but desperate times call for desperate measures.

It’s for the better that Ardenweald doesn’t completely collapse and the cycle of reincarnation is destroyed completely.

4 Likes

and sometimes saved the life of the person who was willing to sacrifice

I don’t see a difference.
It could be we’ll find out more information but so far it just looks like murder.

If the situation is that bad they should be picking an choosing what souls to sacrifice. Sacrificing a wild god so a few squirrels and deer can live is wrong. Ursoc should not have been sacrificed.

I might but I’ll be pointing my finger at them and slapping them around alot.