Arakkoa/Ogre Megathread Pt.2

Hey everyone, the original thread capped, so we're now onto part 2 here. If you take a look, the OP is revamped and cleaned up. Please keep discussion civil and criticisms and whatnot professional. Thanks!

Links:

Previous thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764506573?page=1

Discord: https://discord.gg/GpzAauX

Arakkoa allied race:

Arakkoa scenario: Using the Gorgrond portal outside Stormwind, the Alliance champion, Captain Fareeya, and her fellow Lightforged head through the portal and meet the Arakkoa after landing in Spires of Arak after the portal malfunctions. From there, the champion and Fareeya and her group work alongside the Arakkoa to help them escape from Yrel and her Draenei/Lightbound, and in turn, the Arakkoa join the Alliance.

Potential Classes: Warrior, Paladin, Priest, Mage, Rogue and Hunter.

Potential (Unlikely) Classes: Shaman and Druid.

Potential Racials:

Balanced: 1% resist to Holy and Shadow damage.

Wings of Anzu: 2 minute cooldown. Leap into the air with a gust of wind and slowly float back down to the ground. (Think like DH glide, but slower and with a bit more height.)

Runescribe: +10 to inscription and can produce scrolls twice as fast.

Linguist: Learns faction(Alliance) languages

Gift of Wind: While out of combat, increase movement speed by 10%.

And this was made by someone else: Skyreach Blade: Throw an enchanted chakram (Sunlight or shadow cosmetic for Winged/Cursed) at a target exploding on contact, dealing X% AP split equally around all targets in 5 yard.

Potential racial mount: Spawn of Anzu. Think of the Raven Lord mount but with a different appearance.

For customization, since the Arakkoa appear androgynous among other races, instead of a male/female option, they could instead go with a High/Low option. They could also go with something similar with the Orc customization. If they go with the High/Low instead of male/female, maybe they could have an option for voice since that's all I expect to be different with them, as well as help with flirt/joke emotes.

Here's a picture of how an Outcast could look, courtesy of Leo, using the undead model. It would require some adjustments, but it's completely possible.

Picture: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/448372441660653568/449696676408459286/20180312_-_Arakkoa_v3.png

Also how helms would look on Arakkoa (Courtesy of our lovable Gado)

https://imgur.com/DTuA6FY
https://imgur.com/yRfN0sz
https://imgur.com/e83Llc3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ogre allied race: Deciding to recruit more manpower for the Horde, Rexxar and the champion set off to bring the Stonemaul Ogres back to Orgrimmar. Finding out from the Ogres that Dire Maul was supposedly abandoned, they suggest taking it as a foothold against Feathermoon Stronghold. Inside, they find other Ogres that snuck in and started to make their home there. Beating the Ogres into submission, you force them under the Stonemaul banner and have them fight for the Horde.

Any suggestion or addition is welcome. I'll update it if there's anything people want up here.
8 Likes
.......What did Yrel do with the ones still on Draenor?
We really gotta flesh out the Ogres sometime.

08/08/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Zimos
.......What did Yrel do with the ones still on Draenor?

Currently? We have no idea. But given the nature of their crusade against the orcs it can't be good, and that's where our scenario picks up.
1 Like
Support for Arakkoa and Ogre has arrived!
3 Likes
+1 for my favorite birbs.

Oh, and Orges too!
Interesting. Why do you see Draenor Arakkoa as more plausible than Outland Arakkoa? And do you think Yrel and her crusade are inimical to the Alliance at this point?

(Apologies if this has been elaborated before. I'm genuinely curious about your ideas but haven't checked in with you guys in a long time).
08/08/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Rorrand
Interesting. Why do you see Draenor Arakkoa as more plausible than Outland Arakkoa? And do you think Yrel and her crusade are inimical to the Alliance at this point?

(Apologies if this has been elaborated before. I'm genuinely curious about your ideas but haven't checked in with you guys in a long time).

Draenor Arakkoa give us the option of High Arakkoa and Outcast Arakkoa in place of the traditional male/female models, as Arakkoa are 100% androgynous. Plus it gives the Alliance a chance to see what's been going on in Draenor, while currently we're left in the dark as only the Horde see it during the Mag'har scenario.

As for Yrel and her Lightbound, she would absolutely not approve of races such as Void Elves in our ranks, and her crusade in the Mag'har scenario shows her as too far gone to accept an alliance that isn't 100% their way. So any attempt is likely to break down very swiftly. Luckily there just happens to be a society of bird-men who follow a balance of light and shadow much like ourselves, who just happen to be in need of some help and an evac from the Lightbound crusade.

I'm sure Jerriah will have more to add to our reasoning.
Ooh jerriah you should add your language mime ability. And maybe add shaman and druid as possible classes?
08/08/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Skeppio
08/08/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Rorrand

Draenor Arakkoa give us the option of High Arakkoa and Outcast Arakkoa in place of the traditional male/female models, as Arakkoa are 100% androgynous. Plus it gives the Alliance a chance to see what's been going on in Draenor, while currently we're left in the dark as only the Horde see it during the Mag'har scenario.

As for Yrel and her Lightbound, she would absolutely not approve of races such as Void Elves in our ranks, and her crusade in the Mag'har scenario shows her as too far gone to accept an alliance that isn't 100% their way. So any attempt is likely to break down very swiftly. Luckily there just happens to be a society of bird-men who follow a balance of light and shadow much like ourselves, who just happen to be in need of some help and an evac from the Lightbound crusade.

I'm sure Jerriah will have more to add to our reasoning.

Interesting ideas. The only reason I was a bit tentative is because I'm not quite ready to accept that everyone's favorite draenei Yrel is too far gone just yet :P

We don't know how much of the mag'har scenario is making it into live, and thus far it seems like the Lightbound's only target is the mag'har. They're not being targeted because they practice void magic, they're being targeted because they're threats to their own world. The Lightforged in the main timeline were fanatical as well, but they still accepted the aid of Alleria, who was actively dabbling in void energies, and Hatuun's tribe, who were irreversibly mutated by the fel. Yrel and the Lightbound are elements I see as a variation of this, and I have a hard time wrapping my head around her becoming enemies with a faction that contains major lawful good figures like Prophet Velen, Turalyon, and Tyrande.

But as far as the arakkoa themselves, I would definitely want to see both "high" and "outcast" playable in some form. Maybe as gender options, or maybe something as simple as the orc posture toggle.

Anyway, +1 support. Arakkoa have been staples of the game since BC and I'd love to see them make their way into players' hands in some way.
(In response to above)

Based on the current information, our scenario is built around the Draenei being the aggressors. It can completely change based on what we find out. The Mag'har may not be as innocent as they may seem.

08/08/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Waternebula
Ooh jerriah you should add your language mime ability. And maybe add shaman and druid as possible classes?

Thanks for reminding me. Updated.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/448375389426024458/476965147722776577/32b75d4f9eadbeef3de7e36fffc7b6d3.png

"Listen, I know I may look like an evil mastermind plotting the downfall of the Alliance army, but that's just how I look."
08/09/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Jerriàh
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/448375389426024458/476965147722776577/32b75d4f9eadbeef3de7e36fffc7b6d3.png

"Listen, I know I may look like an evil mastermind plotting the downfall of the Alliance army, but that's just how I look."

"Ok but... can....can you at least stop twitching like that?"
08/09/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Rorrand
08/09/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Jerriàh

"How rude! That's like asking a dwarf not to smith or a gnome not to be a delic- er, I mean tinker!"
08/09/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Jerriàh
08/09/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Rorrand

"How rude! That's like asking a dwarf not to smith or a gnome not to be a delic- er, I mean tinker!"

Heh... I mean, gnomes are delicious treats, you're not wrong... Just look at what a certain someone did to one in BfA!
08/10/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Fallynn
08/09/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Jerriàh

Heh... I mean, gnomes are delicious treats, you're not wrong... Just look at what a certain someone did to one in BfA!

San'layn theme is now space jam.

On another note, BfA is right around the corner. I'm going to be getting my hunter to max level first, then I'll work on my Belf DH for the Mag'har scenario, see if I can scrounge up anything related to the Arakkoa.
With 17 alts, and 3 additional smurfs, I don't really know that I have time/space for another character... but I really want Ogres for the Horde.

...I'm not personally interested in Arakkoa, but I think they make sense, and would be an interesting addition to the Alliance.
08/11/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Jerriàh
08/10/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Fallynn

San'layn theme is now space jam.

On another note, BfA is right around the corner. I'm going to be getting my hunter to max level first, then I'll work on my Belf DH for the Mag'har scenario, see if I can scrounge up anything related to the Arakkoa.

Yeah BfA will cause everyone to be busy. So soon now! I'll be mount farming myself. Hopefully we'll see more on Arakkoa sometime soon. Races that majority thought were gone are popping up again, after all.... black dragons included. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to see Arakkoa popping up at sometime as well.
*leaves a trail of bird seed in hopes of snagging a new race*
08/15/2018 09:14 PMPosted by Waternebula
*leaves a trail of bird seed in hopes of snagging a new race*

Hopefully. Anyone close to getting the Mag'har?
Hey guys, OP here. I'll be posting from this character for now since it's my main currently. I'll update if there's anything I find out about Arakkoa or Ogres.