Arachnophobia mode?

0 subs were lost by adding this setting. A few subs might be lost by people upset that something in the game doesn’t cater to them exclusively, though I am confident in saying that they will remain subbed so that they may continue to complain about it on the forums. If you don’t care, you wouldn’t imply people are leaving over a client-side model toggle.

It was done by one person. One. How do you know it wasn’t?

1 Like

I think you are dramatically conflating the complexity between a new system that fundamentally changes a lot of aspects of the game, and a button that replaces one model with another on the client side of the game. People in Vanilla could replace models client-side, and there are still mods that do that (not technically allowed as I understand it but they changed collision so that you can’t cheat it like happened in AQ40 with such mods. I do not endorse them, do not violate ToS). Assuming that one thing is at the expense of the other when they are so drastically different doesn’t really track.

3 Likes

One person could have made sure the Warbank worked on launch, right? Or how many does it take? I’m just saying resources are limited no matter how you look at it.

Saying “one person” doesn’t really change this.

Wait, I’m not actually saying any of this. I’m saying that’s the APPEARANCE to those who think the filter may have been too much prioritized. That’s all. I could care less otherwise.

Ah, I see, then. Well, point still applies, but to them, those are two vastly different levels of complexity.

Although the whining started well before prepatch about it, to be quite honest.

Spoilers I mean, I wouldn't be surprised because doesn't The War Within have a bunch of spiders and nerubians (spider people in the lore) given it's whole entire setting?
2 Likes

Yes, the bigger emphasis is probably reason for the addition.

1 Like

Why do people who don’t need to use a feature get upset about that feature?

We’re only going to see more phobia modes if a significant amount of the playerbase has that phobia.

Arachnaphobia is one of the most common phobias. If you don’t suffer from it . . . then don’t us it :dracthyr_shrug:

Oh and I see Titanspite is up to their usual. :roll_eyes:

It’s absolutely a condemnation on this forum community that so many people are acting like children over this little filter that most of us don’t even have to bother with.

8 Likes

The warbank is significantly more work than

if(creature == spider) 
{
     if(arachnaphobia == true)
     {
           creature.model = crab
      } else {
           creature.model = spider
      }
}
2 Likes

Probably not.

Probably a lot.

And if something only takes one person to implement, I’d say it isn’t really very resource intensive. They can easily pull that person off to work on a more complex issue if need be; OR, they have other people to put on said issue.

One person probably wasn’t going to make or break the Warbank. If this one developer had KEY insight on the Warbank’s inner workings, they probably would have remained on that project till its successful implementation, yes?

I mean, we all love pointing out Blizzard’s supposed incompetence, but let’s be real here.

For the reasons I laid out, it kinda does.

3 Likes

Welcome to GD, where things are worse here than a PVP match.

When are they not.

2 Likes

Hopefully during a well-earned vacation

There are a tone of spiders in WoLK.

I wasn’t present during the old WoW forums not sure if they were any filter requests then.

Not sure if there were any filter requests for classic WoW, I don’t think there is any.

Some people did ask for crab people just not in that sort of way.

1 Like

Crab Wave?

2 Likes

The filter got this level of hate when it was announced months ago which made no sense then as well.

1 Like

It didn’t really get any hate it’s just that anyone that didn’t prostrate themselves and praise Blizzard for it, offering any question at all, was considered “hating” on it.

3 Likes

This also reminds me of that change in FF14 for the Sage job where they changed the Job icon for people who have Trypophobia (Fear of small holes clustered together) and I was like “This feels like it’s for a specific person at Square Enix and not for the players”

2 Likes

Some of the threads were pretty vitriolic about the filter.

3 Likes