Arachnophobia filter...seriously

Literally nothing of substance to read. Glad the option will make you happy!

Crabs are my 2nd favorite animal, and I agree they are cute :slight_smile:

4 Likes

See this is awesome because I’ve had both the ruthless killer kind of kitty and the cat that would chase a moth for hours without even harming it. Just kind of swatting in its general area, following it through the house, and then walking off with the moth still fluttering around.

Cat was so damn crazy about a moth in the house and would focus on it literally for hours (without ever catching or even touching it) but she would have sat sleeping on a chair if there was a mouse around. Wouldn’t have cared a bit.

1 Like

don’t like?
don’t use!
wow that’s so simple

2 Likes

I have a grey tortie with the line down her face, so half her face is cream and half is grey.

Her name is Harvey. For Harvey Dent, better known as Two-Face.

She absolutely has the sweet and sour thing going on. She’s incredibly protective of me, and she snuggles like crazy, but she’s also the meanest grumpypants “I-mind-everything” type of cat. She will just swat you and do this angry “Ehhhh!” if you do anything she doesn’t like.

I have two keepers from this one litter that I don’t know why, but they never stopped nursing on everything. My spouse looks at them doing their thing, and says, “Cats suck.” And I’m like yeah I know.

I really do think it’s just the Corgi goggle code but for spiders, so I think it was a single line cut and pasted over and over.

1 Like

Are you somehow under the impression that one individual quest developer who put this together from the sound of it on their own time has anything at all to do with the company setting rules and policies for how BGs work?

4 Likes

What’s the joke? Like, what is the funny part about showing empathy?

3 Likes

This the core of the issue right here. I want a lot of things but if Blizzard kow-towed to every little thing players want the game becomes an incoherent mess and drags us all down.

People these days with social media and instant gratification, dopamine hits and the idea that your opinion actually matters is what’s destroying WoW. If everyone has a say the end result is watered down garbage. DF is the first expansion to try to accomodate everyone and it was a flop. No stakes, no reward.

I am terrified of spiders but it’s a game, they don’t even look like real spiders. Now maybe if they had spiders in a cinematic I might feel different but if I can’t watch a video I don’t expect someone to accomodate me, I just wouldn’t watch it.

3 Likes

Acro and Claustro are both almost nearly as common phobias and this game is PACKED with heights and tight caves.

1 Like

Ha!

In your opinion.

I think they sum up everything that terrifies me about spiders. In a giant and detailed form. They are the only mob that I cannot fight with close camera. If something happens, like I am back up against a wall, and the camera auto-zooms in, my character is running away as fast as her long legs can carry her. (And usually running into more and dying in short order :grin:.)

Seriously?

Where is your entitlement?

Where is your self-involvement?

What kind of person are you to not demand everything be about you and what you want?

Do better and get with the program!

4 Likes

Great, ask for features to help if you want.

5 Likes

This is how I feel about it too but I’m not going to begrudge someone getting what they want. The point I’ll say they should not have the spider filter is if it causes them to become entitled and dismissive of other phobias (which some people in this thread have done).

I genuinely hurt for the people with real fear mixed in with them, but if the purpose of this is to make the game more accommodating, and because of the entitlement of the players, it becomes less accommodating and more toxic as people with the spider phobia get big heads due to being put first and start putting themselves first, for example making fun of people with a cockroach phobia (and why wouldn’t they? Their need got addressed and the other person’s didn’t; they must be better and more deserving than him) then it’s counterproductive and shouldn’t be done. This isn’t an opinion; it’s just logic.

Actually yes. They’re cartoony spiders and they’ve been around for more than 2 decades.

Anyone with this problem wouldn’t be playing already.

4 Likes

This is literally a non-issue and only a good thing for people with a disability.

3 Likes

Shadra!

Death’s Love,
Mistress of Spies,
The Claw Queen,
Loa of Crabs,
the Bubble Dancer,
Mother of Pinching,
God of Crabs

Honestly, I get that spiders are spooky and that it’s a common phobia, but it’s just funny to me when so much of fantasy-- WoW especially-- is rooted in things like this.

This is not happening.

4 Likes

I think I’ve seen enough of this thread.

How do you know?

I could sitting here with a friend who has ophidiophobia and another who has ostraconophobia going, ‘Na, na, na, na, na, I told you us arachnophodics were better than the rest of you and this random online video game just proved it!!’.

Because I read though this horrible thread.

3 Likes

And that didn’t convince you of the possibility?

1 Like