Arachnophobia filter...seriously

We just gonna ignore that this tech likely exisited already and took likely zero real dev time from some of these other “SUPER important” things people are suddenly alluding to?

Corgi goggles. Same tech, it’s just not attached to an item. All of you can save your concern trolling.

Or y’all can keep twisting this to be something that denied you something else, or to put it simply, your lack of basic empathy combined with some unfounded entitlement.

4 Likes

Blizzard. They haven’t addressed it in almost 10 years have they? You said yourself, not a simple paragraph posted by them condemning it. They more than likely read these complaints, looked at the data and don’t think its as big an issue as you do. It happens. Meanwhile, they looked at whatever data, posts or suggestions they have on arachnophobia, saw a way to address it and decided to do it. I mentioned earlier there are threads going back to 2006 on general gaming sites complaining about the spiders in vanilla wow. There’s a reddit thread from 6 months ago on the topic. Here’s a post from 2004:
A World (of Warcraft) without spiders?
https://www.giantbomb.com/world-of-warcraft/3030-19783/forums/a-world-of-warcraft-without-spiders-469680/

I get what you are saying, you want a fix for pre-mades and it’s an important issue for you that you wanted addressed yesterday. But a fix for pre-mades being developed has no bearing on a toggle for spiders. Maybe they have heard your pleas to the heavens and with spring a fix on you tomorrow. Maybe they don’t feel the same way you do. After a decade it sure looks like the latter.

You think the tech was there to change all future TWW npc models? Do they also have next week’s lottery numbers?

Oh, how sweet. Now blizzard, the company known for being abusive and disgusting towards their own people, all of a sudden are really empathetic to arachnophobes they’ve never met or have rarely complained about digital spiders!

They haven’t addressed it in retail but they DID address it in SoD. So, I don’t think you have ground to stand on after this.

Corgi goggles.

You seem mad about something that in no way affects you at all. Embarrassing. Prove they took time away from something you personally find important, I’ve put forth my evidence of this not being new tech.

3 Likes

Season of Discovery isn’t retail.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s straight up hilarious to watch people spill words over this being a problem.

2 Likes

One can have zoomie brain without being of the age. But if pointing out someone is too overly sensitive to function is ageist then… cool? Said people were probably going to be offended regardless. <3

2 Likes

Really? I could talk about how my warlock still can’t take a fp out of the caverns due to a game bug that erases the known fp’s from there taht many have reported. But it must be some hidden motive, right? I couldn’t just be bringing up how screwed up and pointless their priorities are. Time for some more twitch drops and toggles for the invisible base.

That’s what I just said, too. They reinforced the same stance they had 10 years ago in retail but did it in SoD. Again, priorities.

600+ posts later of ppl mad over an option for ppl who real phobias lol.
u guys need some other hobbies for real craps crazy

3 Likes

False equivalency. One is bug issue that should be worked on. The phobia fix is just changing a target in the code to something else, I.E. Corgi Goggles.
Not the same issue, not the same work load. Did not take any real time to do. Though you claim it did, can you prove that?

Bug fixes do take time and resources.

Please tho, tell me how someone being able to change spiders to crabs, or into Corgi’s ruins your experience enough to mald publicly online about it?

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure I know where this is headed, but we’ll see soon enough. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Concern trolling is easily the saddest form of masking entitlement and questionable takes.

Dude is cooked.

3 Likes

Colorado has a few nasties like earwigs. However, the earwigs, despite how they look and what they are called (WHY do they have to be called EARWIGS??) are good because they eat other bugs.

My advice to anyone still living in the South is to stuff your house with cats. They don’t seem to always eat the bugs but they do kill them for sport.

1 Like

Cats will kill just about anything for sport. I know someone who had some cats who killed a mouse like it was some ritualistic sacrifice. They didn’t even eat it. Just…tore it apart. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

They always remind me of the bug from the OG Wrath of Khan Star Trek, the one they put in Chekovs ear.

I tried to raise feeder mice, turns out they are lowkey cannibals. Came home one day to a scene from Hostel one day.

2 Likes

That made me laugh but I don’t know why. That’s horrible.

My BF went to check on them and I just hear a very loud "WHAT THE ". Was hilarious but also like, terrifying for a second haha.

2 Likes