Arachnophobia filter...seriously

Once you can actually pronounce this I bet you aren’t afraid of long words anymore though.

/s

You guys heard that coconut crab theory about Amelia Earhart?

The one about them developing a toggle to turn her into a skeleton?

2 Likes

:skull: :skull: :skull:

Well…

At this point this thread has given me togglephobia and I want a toggle that turns off all toggles in the game.

Can one of you guys click it for me though?

That got dark quick.

1 Like

You said it. If you have gluten problems, gives a whole new meaning to The War Within.

1 Like

As an arachnophobic who has had some harrowing need-to-take-a-break-before-I-end-up-screaming-the-house-down moments in the game due to the condition, I find this addition absolutely hilarious.

I am not sure what planet the people who came up with this are from but crabs were not the answer.

Sweet little teddies were the answer :teddy_bear:.

I cannot even imagine.

Just the thought of touching one makes me want to run screaming.

My poor son was trained by the time he was seven to kill any spiders he saw and don’t tell mom about it!

Needles are my other phobia, due to a childhood incident which required surgery, and it is bad enough that I get preferential treatment at hospitals, doctor’s offices, clinics and labs (because, apparently, having a patient turn grey before their eyes scares the heck out of medical professionals).

But I was able to get a tattoo thirty years ago because I had a lovely tattoo artist (who looked like he just got out of prison and was capable of murdering someone bare-handed :grin:) that came up with distraction and comfort options, completed the outline and coloration of each element separately so I could stop at any time without it looking weird and offered frequent breaks.

I would die.

I couldn’t even cope with my step-grandson testing his own blood.

Made me laugh!

:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: for you!

1 Like

One step closer to finally getting a poo quest filter.

Why would I want to convert all quest objectives to poo?

2 Likes

i believe the spider phobia is pretty common, like clowns are. just a common phobia ppl have so adding a filter makes sense and more options is nice.

just… you couldn’t of done this on wrath? lol i guess they forgot about azjol nerub.
better late than never not gonna complain on things that’ll make ppl comfy gaming

And you know this because…?

I was just thinking this.

You ever seen a spider crab? It’s basically a spider with pinchers and can breathe underwater lol. Not really an improvement

1 Like

I think their logic was that crabs tend to be more visually acceptable to some people, but given the fact that the phobia tends to translate individual traits of a spider to or from similar creatures, it might actually have the opposite effect for some. I get what they were going for, but it’s still not the perfect solution I suppose. But they tried.

3 Likes

It was in one of the recent interviews. They discussed a single individual more or less creating a full conversion swap across the board depending on sizes and colors to make the filter work.

Well I have coulrophobia and here you are.

1 Like

2 Likes

He can’t help it. He’s got to be…

puts on shades

…the Malcho man.

What’s next? A setting to turn all works of art into bowls of fruit?

3 Likes

So what you’re saying is that you can’t actually argue what I said, so you have to put words in my mouth so you can argue those. Classy.

And for the record I have no problem with helping people that actually need help. I have a problem with enabling self defeating behavior. Big difference.

1 Like

No, but calling anything you don’t have or are incapable of relating to a “victim mindset” is stupidity.

Do some people create a victim mentality? Yes, they do. Reading through this thread, I’m seeing plenty of the opposite problem, which is literal psychopathic behavior of “exposure therapy” and “forcing people to come to terms with their fears” when some people literally can’t do anything about their response to something they irrationally fear. It’s called irrational for a reason.

Good, so we’re both fine with the existence of the arachnophobia filter then.

5 Likes

That’s practically all the forum these days. The more you reply, the more they can mass report and feel good about the auto mod taking you down

3 Likes