Arachnophobia filter...seriously

This isn’t true, we are a resource restricted world, only so much can be done with what we have. We should be fluid in our ability to improve within reason. Adding a new filter option for phobia of spiders good, reasonable, -removing- spiders all together is bad.

Making the game entirely capable by fully blind players would be great, but it is also a far far stretch that can’t be seen as realistic to do, certainly not immediately.

It doesn’t, but it often is the case anyhow.

Look at the removal of gifted classes in some districts. Done under the banner of “equity.”

When it comes to seeking equality the best (but hardest) path is to raise the floor. The worst (and easiest) path is to lower the ceiling. IE, if we take away from the gifted kids, they will have a harder time outpacing those that aren’t, producing equitable outcomes by lowering the ceiling of opportunity.

I want to make it abundantly clear that I am not saying this is the case for this particular change, but we need to do more raising of the floor and less lowering of the ceiling in our society.

1 Like

Shrimps is bugs.

I liked the underwater zones too. I wish they would do more of them.

I mean accessibility should be a thing but… eh… there is more important things to make then this, like why not just finish controller support and add it to the settings menu’s, or finish the action cam? This just seems wasteful.

2 Likes

As people have said it took a single quest maker to do this, it already uses the coding for toys like the corgi glasses meaning it took less effort. Also it takes nothing away from those developments.

3 Likes

Like I said, if equality isn’t the reason, if there’s no talk about human rights, or anybody deserving anything, then I agree with you. A good deed can just be a good deed, if everyone understand that.

Programming rarely is that easy. It means they had to add programming and add a save marker on charecters that has this activated, then create programming to switch models, and for said models to be able to animate the attack animations with no issue.

Low effort would be to finish what is already partly done. Which is action cam/ controller support.

Casual, try out hollow moon for the good stuff.

1 Like

Moonfall was one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

The arachnophobia filter is in the nicest sense of it an out of season april fools joke, they should have announced it on april fools and just kept it in so people could freak out about it being real. And to avoid any confusion I don’t have strong feelings on it existing even if I think about it with at least one eyebrow raised, this one doesn’t really effect me.

Listen, the truth is more important. INVESTIGATE HOLLOW MOON.

(movie was garbo, the conspiracy theory is fun though, it predates the “film”)

How dare you? I am a hardcore conspiracy theorist. I’ve got Cutting Edge achievements for being right about conspiracies before they ever came true!

2 Likes

This doesn’t hurt anyone and it’s cool to add options for people.

3 Likes

I bet you think Stevie Wonder is really blind pfft.

Can’t touch me I’m behind 800 conspiracy theories.

1 Like

You know we have things like ‘omni cast’ right? Everything has a type it falls into, it’s why even if an NPC doesn’t jump if it has a jump animation and you turn into that mob and jump, you use the unseen jump animation.

Crabs have cast animations and already have flags for their families. It’s just like clicking the toggel to track beast as a hunter, the hard part is already done, we are just altering some displayed information.

1 Like

Flat earth is my favorite one. Like how I saw a post that said the reason why our shoes are like this

_

and not like this

╭⁠╮

1 Like

Oh I love a good conspiracy but the flat earthers make me blush for being tangentially connected to that rubbish.

Wait…you think the moon is REAL?!

1 Like

What happened to progress is slow and not everyone can have their phobia addressed?

I’m all for it when it isn’t, but I kind of demonstrated that in this case, it is. When, for example, people are competing for resources and creating a right to that resource for one, means others will get less.

1 Like

“The moon is mostly made of gasses.” - an actual elected official.

I’m honestly surprised she didn’t say it weighs as much as ten boxes that you might be moving with.

1 Like