Arachnophobia filter...seriously

Boredumb’s One Step Process For Handling the Arachnaophobia Filter For People Who Don’t Have Archnaphobia:

Step 1: Don’t turn it on

6 Likes

:dracthyr_lulmao:

2 Likes

You win the internet for today. lmao

1 Like

Oh look, an edgelord chest thumping about something that does not effect him in any way. how original.

4 Likes

While i understand there are people with fears. It seems catering to one is now going to embolden more people to make more phobia requests and its going to cause an issue and maybe a raid tier since if there is enough of a voice over it they will have to add another filter.

I’ll eat any bug if it’s healthy and tastes good.

1 Like

Was a random factoid that the William Street Production Studio put out for their Interns in the early 2000s. Didn’t matter if we worked on Metalocalypse or not. Was just a memo on your station with doodles of Skwissgaar and Murderface and a comic bubble saying Daily Metal Logic; random fact about how metal nature is.

4 Likes

One of the reasons why I unironically think Druids are edgy.

1 Like

Im not against it really. I have pretty intense arachnophobia myself, but video game spiders (for the most part) dont really trigger the fear. I get some people do still have issues with it, and they gave the people an opt in tool to help manage the fear and make the game playable for them.

A good change in my book.

1 Like

Reminds me of this viral Facebook thread about this dude that found shrimp in their box of cinnamon toast crunch.

Now that was a rabbit hole I went down.

Way back in the days of original Naxx, I had a guildmate who was an extreme arachnophobe. He missed out on parts of Naxx progression because he couldn’t handle the spider wing with Maexxna. My old GM, bless him, let the guy sit out in spite of the fact he was one of our better DPSers.

Some people have phobias and issues like red-green colour blindness. Don’t be a garbage human like OP and complain about Blizzard making the game more accessible.

3 Likes

But ner ner nerrr, it’s the pRiNciPLe of it making people soft! Bootstraps! BOOTSTRAAAAAAPS!

That’s amazing :laughing:

Blizzard HQ offices in Irvine at one point had evacuation instructions posted in case of zombie invasion.

I imagine that they’ll balance how many requests they get, if any, against their staff workload.

One quest designer did this update. If you think that one quest designer makes an entire raid tier, I don’t know what to tell you.

5 Likes

It’s just a model swap that takes little effort. And we shouldn’t be against doing more to help people. Like having color blindness assistance, motion sickness improvements. We all win when more people can play and have fun.

4 Likes

Crab rave time

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

4 Likes

:dracthyr_lulmao:

They’ve added motion sickness settings. What’s next, color blindness? A purely optional toggle? It’s ruining the game!

3 Likes

People should MUSCLE THROUGH their vision difficulties! Back in MY day you just had to squint and guess, glasses made people SOFT!

3 Likes

I think the studio now sends absolutely terrible pipeline messages and advice from Dr. Thaddeus “Rusty” Venture if you are ever stuck in a Johnny Quest style Boy Adventure situation and don’t have access to a Brock Sammson or Race Bannon bodyguard lol.

2 Likes

:dragon: :crab: :ocean: :crab: :dragon:

7 Likes

Did he eat the poop veins??

That’s EVEN MORE AMAZING.

3 Likes