Appearance Change for WoW Classic

All the other expansions are already in retail? :man_shrugging:t5:

No reason? Then why have many asked for because they are not all for the aggrement with it? Please let me change my looking i want change skin color and features so much. I will do whatever is required even though it is so costly. Wich this paid service in TBC

Somehow you think you are the arbiter of what is and is not a significant change. Many of us in Classic happen to like the fact that decisions made actually matter. When you created your toon you made a number of decisions as to race, gender, and basic appearance. Many of us consider such decisions significant. If you made a mistake, there is a remedy; but it is a very time consuming one. That is how it should be.

I think the barbershop would be cool however it’s one of those slippery slope things that led us to stuff like transmog, which I was never a fan of.

I like the way my gear looks. I like that I can estimate a relative power level of my enemies by looking at their gear. I even liked the fugliness of bloodvine and udc.

Just my 2c

Humbly, dont so understand why it is sort of slippery slope by asking the paid appearance change only? What about dual spec from others? It does not have anything to do with it? Every does have a different opinion and i do and u too. The appearance change, but not for the name or anything like this, wont affect any of the game play which not just i but many have talked about. I want to change my skin color and some features too. No wrong with this request. Please blizzard listen to this and let us see the paid appearance change service despite of how much or extra options included in the boost or TBC package or something!

Can’t believe I’m going to say this … but I’m really starting to miss the stubborn #NoChanges crew

1 Like

90% of #nochanges was the Mandela Effect soooooo… Blizz made it clear moving forward we are in a #somechanges world of warcraft.

Cosmetic Changes
Pets
Mounts
Transmog
Toys (that have no combat useage)

are all things that can and should be in a cash shop.

Things that should NOT be in a cash shop

WoW Token
Faction Change
Race Change
Boosts

The fact that your game character’s appearance is something that you ever so much as think about, means you are not someone I want to play with. It is really that simple. I want wow classic as pure as Blizzard can give it to me. I don’t want any changes that make the game attractive to the dress-up crowd. You hit that new-character screen, pick a faction, sex, and class, flip through the few appearance choices and grab what you want . . . . then, for ever more, your character is that creature. What a great game design. No sense bringing body image issues into a very simple, very satisfying game about a fantasy race war. The game is not politically correct. It is not a substitute for our complicated real world.

1 Like

Let’s make a list of things that actually changed the way the game was played:

1. Dynamically spawning Guards - made WPVP unfun for city sieges and town take overs for both factions.

2. The spell batching one shots for shaman, being able to dispell your own sheep/fear as a pally/priest

3. XP change for having a higher level kill mobs you tagged

4. max stats on early phase gear, instant access to top PVP gear that shouldn’t have been buffed/released till ZG.

5. Flight path stop button

6. 1.12 AV instead of phased original avs of 1.5 and beyond

7. Not being able to sheep someone’s tagged mob to either save them from dying or troll them

8. If Someone from the opposite faction helps you kill something you get nerfed XP

9. Blizzard raid frames included

10. Taking away tons of the open world wall jumps that were in reg vanilla.

But yeah sure we should TOTALLY complain about appearance changes being added since that literally doesn’t change how the game was played.

edit: I don’t think you should be able to name/faction change. That encourages people doing ninja xfer weird stuff.

1 Like

But you see, adding character appearance to the game will change who chooses to play it. It would bring a different kind of player to Azeroth. No thanks. With a different kind of player, the game is played differently.

1 Like

If you’re quitting because people can change the way they look, you probably don’t like the game in the first place

2 Likes

Classic is already swarmed with retailers. Let’s hope they go to tbc.

2 Likes

Right, cause the players choosing not to play classic this time were like - what no barber shop? I’m out!

Get outta here.

Oh no. Poor little Billy’s immersion is going to be ruined because Bobby changed his hair color from black to brown.

Get real. Are you freaking kidding me.

Player character appearance has nothing to do with your role playing elements unless you are ERPing and got upset that your favorite virtual wow waifu futa gf changed their facial features or hair colors.

1 Like

Clearly you have never played on an RP realm, where close knit communities are created, and it would be incredibly jarring to see a character you’ve roleplayed with for weeks suddenly have a different face.

WoW is a RPG. It should accentuate RPG features… not strip them away.

1 Like

Which I understand. There’s always ways to “exploit” something, one way or another.

I would like to name change, on the off chance somebody is hogging up a name I want but hasn’t logged in, in awhile. That’s how I unlocked this name “Piper”, on my Standard Game Server.

EDIT: I would like to not have alt commands in it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah, if they could come up with a way to prevent skullduggery I’d be cool with that too

Oh geez, incredibly jarring? It would have toliterally no impact. This is a HUGE hyperbolic what if.

1 Like

I just try not to worry about what rule breakers “get away” with. And just enjoy the privileges that I do have.

I don’t see problem in that, surely would be better than a lvl boost. But, I am not the self-righteous may have people that have good reasons to choose to boost.

1 Like