Appeal Feels Useless/Unfair (Not Knowing Has No Leeway)

As you were told in your other thread - the two weeks is completely on you because of the account’s previous infractions. That you’ve owned up to in your other thread. No matter the rule you broke, the account duration is not something you’ve got any grounds to grind your teeth about.

You knew enough that there was a Trade Services channel. Bouncing between channels is spamming, no matter the rules on what and where to post.

Ok, I know nothing about the history of your account. But what I do know is that penalties stack, and past history is taken into account when applying penalties.

4 Likes

I just don’t get it. So many people spam for 24 hrs a day and I posted in trade a few times not knowing and get hit w it. It. just. doesn’t. make. sense.

You haven’t seen ZulJiin. there are 100s of spammers. I didnt post non stop all day everyday. it just doesn’t make sense

Yes it is.

So you know to check the forums.

Well, that’s not how it works. The punishment gets worse so you stop breaking rules. If they dropped off then the punishment loses it’s effectiveness.

That’s a very real thing that happens in the world and you know what defense doesn’t work? “I didn’t know I was breaking the law, so you shouldn’t punish me.”

And they get reported as well and suspended.

Yes it does, you just don’t like it.

2 Likes

No. it doesn’t. you’re against me because it hasn’t happened to you. you don’t understand. not knowing doesn’t constitute for major punishment.

I don’t live on the forums. i didn’t know. like there’s nothing else to it.

And you don’t know that they’ve not been hit with account action. Plus, you add in that a number of those spamming are illegal accounts.

You don’t have the slightest clue about the servers I play on - save for this one I post with. The spam I see every day is insane on my packed servers.

You broke the rules - whether knowingly or unknowingly. You had previous account sanctions. Those are the facts in black and white. Human error may have played into things if it was an account with no other infractions, and you might have gotten a warning out of it instead of two weeks, but you’ve been in trouble before. Next time you break a social rule, you’re likely looking at a month’s suspension or worse.

I am sorry for the place you’re in, I truly am. But if they’re upholding the sanction then that’s all there is to it. I do wish you luck.

4 Likes

The appeal wasn’t shut down just send back the u broke ToS note. Thank you for some peace of mind. The other infractions i had have nothing to do w this at all. i just wish that blizzard could give human error because i didn’t do anything maliciously here. honest to god just didn’t know. really sucks and makes you think…

The thing is…it doesn’t really matter what any of us think. It’s up to Blizzard. We’re just players and don’t have any say in the appeal process.

2 Likes

Agreed friend, it’s nice to just talk to others for the small amount of time i come onto here. I just hope they really do understand it was human error regardless of past infractions….

Speaking for myself, I was not playing at the time they made these rules. So I do not know what kind of notifications or communications were sent out about it. But when I did come back to the game, the new advertising policy was one of the first things I saw.

I started in 2006 and played up until late 2017 (enough to see the ending of Legion). And then with the exception of a brief 2 month stint at the start of Shadowlands, I was gone until September of this year.

2 Likes

I’ve played consistently for 14 years. I do not remember or recall anything like that. I’ve mythic raider and pushed keys for a long time too, i just had no clue…

You seem to be ignoring what was said in the previous thread by a blue the length wasnt just because. Of the trade posting youve had other violations that you owned up to and never apealed those black marks never go away and factor into future penalties.

I owned and appealed each one of those and it was 2 total. a silence and suspension 2 1/2 years ago. i get it’s a black mark but it’s not like im dodging it or didn’t appeal it because i did. Both completely different things from this that I 100% deserved. I do not feel i deserve this for simply not knowing.

No one is against you because it hasn’t happened to us.

It’s your unwillingness to accept the facts of how Blizzard does things.

Penalties stack, so you can learn your lesson. You ignorance isn’t a get out of jail free card.

It’s this. You constantly saying this and refusing to acknowledge anything anyone has said. Screaming “It’s unfair” “You can’t judge me for my past behavior!”

You have to move on. Understand how this works. How long you’ve been playing and doing keys is irrelevant.

Botom line is you broke the rules regardless and now are paying the price blizzard will not treat you any different then any other player. The law is tough but the law is fair.

Actually, they are in the same category, which is why this is now at 2 weeks.

Here is what we’ll look at on an appeal.

Did it happen.

Yes

2 shouts literally 2-4 seconds apart in one channel, switch channel repeat there - switch back repeat there - and so forth about 3 times in a very short amount of time.

So, yes it happened.

Now, you seem to be conflating the penalty with the violation.

Social penalties cover anytime you may have had chat penalized (this is considered chat) or any harassment reports. Social is a fairly broad category that covers essentially anything that would interact with a fellow player.

Since this license has had two previous silences - and one previous suspension. - all for social, those form a history.

Once you get past a silence, penalties usually double with each subsequent infraction. It is not that the violation may have been twice as bad, that’s just the way penalties work.

That is why two identical infractions may get different penalties. It’s the history involved.

One shout in the appropriate channel isn’t going to get you actioned. Too many together, or in too short of a timespan - or in the wrong channels likely will - because they will be reported.

18 Likes

Human error and empathy are a thing everyone has. I have seen other people get out of binds as well. Mistakes were made, but everything has its own judicial system and how things play out. you say i broke a rule and i did. okay. but still there is human error and empathy that you can’t just ignore?? it’s not right. and you can disagree all you want, but this isn’t how things work lol. i made a mistake. i don’t do this consistently. I shouldn’t be sanctioned so severely or at all. and you can say or thing otherwise but put yourself in my shoes (even if you said you already have) and really take a step back. If you made a mistake you didn’t know about and got sanctioned you would be in the exact spot i’m in and don’t say you wouldn’t be lol. this basically was a complete blindside and completely ruined my entire season. “woah is me woah is me” but nah, this completely messed everything up. from simply not knowing a rule. is it in bold print in the ToS? or do i need to go sift through every line to see this ? again it just doesn’t make sense. breaking rules and punishing people for even when they didn’t know is just extreme

EDITED: The stacking of the penalty does make sense Oriyla but I just don’t understand why I’m getting slammed w the spamming thing when everyone spams so much more and I really didn’t do it that much and also it was just in the wrong channel……

Your not the victim you have a documented history its time put this thread to bed were not allowed to discuss acount action.

1 Like

The thing is, the other people ARE getting actioned. We see people in here complaining they were suspended for spamming all the time. Actions are not instant.

7 Likes

Like with folks speeding, just because you got pulled over for it doesn’t mean they won’t get pulled over for it down the line. What other people may be doing have no bearing on your own actions.

3 Likes