AOTC Nerfed

Ya idk what their obsession is with making the last boss in the raid drop nothing worthwile.

1 Like

Dathea was pretty hard pre-nerf but they definitely gutted that one a while back.

Todays nerfs seems like QOL for healers.
Plus a little more wiggle room on add intermission.

Just don’t say that around Raiimir. He’ll just say you buy carries meanwhile his guild does RMT

If I was buying I’d like to think I’d at least have AotC

That’s literally every tier ever. The first 1-2 (sometimes 3) bosses on the next difficulty are ALWAYS easier than the last boss.

The only counterexample from the last several expansions would be MAYBE Emerald Nightmare, but that is more Xavius being an absolute pushover than Nythendra being hard.

1 Like

Heroic Dathea is a pug killer right now. That’s what should’ve been nerfed. Not Raz.

im doing the fight with my group atm. you seem to think 5% is the difference between this fight has some challenge and lets go in with no armor and 1 shot this. like i said if 5% is that big to you then the fight has already been ruined since they have nerfed her before. are you sure you know what your talking about. my group either has to many people or to few people so were not gonna do mythic raiding so. we probably would have had it already if we didnt take time every tuesday to do brood and raz on normal for people to have a chance at the rings/tier and the mount skin before killing 7/8h. we usually have it by now but we have alot of new people along with atleast once a week having to sub a tank since irl seems to get in the way alot this tier

They don’t, but I can see why someone of your…caliber…might be salty.

2 Likes

I don’t have a lot of experience with what is going on in the heroic pug scene right now. What are the major pain points of this fight?

Nah he’s just claiming anyone with a high io score or H clears has bought their way into them since he’s above everyone else it seems.

Would’ve preferred another H Dathea nerf over H Rasz, but my only beef with H Rasz as a Hunter was just the p2 knockback wing ability. On Normal you can casually waltz through it and even undergeared healers have no trouble with it, on Heroic I can pop a defensive and will still get erased by it if I don’t immediately get a fat heal dropped on me. Obvs your mileage varies based on the class you play and idk if other hunters felt the same way but it made the fight literally impossible for me as BM Hunter if I was the only one able to lust in the group and had to swap my tenacity/Bear defensive pet for ferocity/Lust as we just simply do not have enough defensive uptime for the fight without Tenacity Pet ability imo

I think its very fair to see it that way, in a good chunk of competition in real life as well.
Doesnt matter if you dont or do like it there isnt anything petty about it. Just you making petty remarks.
An to this I remember having Heroic Al’Akir the Windlord nerfed that our group went from struggling to kill to 1 shotting him with half the raid dead. We were making good progress an then he just fell over, the next patch cycle with minimum effort. It wasn’t even the same boss fight anymore.
Which made it worse considering we we had mostly the other half of the raid not seeing the boss once until that kill.
So yes I can see AOTC regardless if people like it or not feeling underwhelming for people. On the flip side I also see peoples arguments for it. This is a literal damned if you do damned if you dont moment. An everyone is allowed their opinions.

1 Like

I have mixed feelings about this nerf. Having done this on Heroic on my main and multiple alts, this is a huge nerf and maybe it’s not necessary for it to be this huge.

That being said:

Tempest Wing periodic damage reduced by 20%

This is a good change because this is extremely hard to live through for some specs. The healers are not able to blast their healing spells during this because they’re busy trying to get through the wave ASAP. If you’re a hunter and you don’t have your DR up or your disengage up, it’s extremely hard to live through. If you’ve used your DRs on some other thing to stay alive, it’s really rough to make it through the wave. I think this particular change is good.

1 Like

I didn’t find H Raz to even be that hard.

2 Likes

Yeah, there were lots of times I would end the Tempest Wing mechanic in phase 2 with under 20% hp. It just hit like a truck and I aint exactly undergeared

Its really not… It’s just 1-2 people can easily wipe the group or ruin phase 3.

I mean a kill is a kill regardless, it still takes a lot of effort to pull off, even when nerfed.

I love that this thread attaches some sort of prestige to AOTC, like it hasn’t always been the equivalent of making shift lead at Walmart. Glad OPs hard work paid off, lmao.

5 Likes

Do they want repeated kills or something?
If so, they gotta change heroic ilvls again because it’s garbage.

Why bother with Raz? A 414 axe? I can get a 418 one crafted. Helm? Not worth. Should always be a universal tier token.

The reward structure of this game continues to be trash.

2 Likes

The guy sounds like he is just salty that no one wants to raid mythic with him and is just jaded trying to paint all mythic guilds with the same brush lol