AOTC Nerfed

That’s generally what happens as a game gets older. You listen to the wrong groups of people and it slowly turns into something that only benefits that group of people.

In this case Blizz only listened to the hardcore world’s first fan base when they were younger 15-18 year olds screaming for more challenging content. Disagree with me there all you want but it’s the truth. Now a days these people claim the casuals are ruining the game but look at how raids are balanced at the start of every tier.

As time goes on the raids and some dungeons are nerfed down to levels where people can actually complete them without sweating and creating extremely toxic high performance comp teams to complete the content.

You ever been in a mythic prog discord during a raid? It sounds like 15 pricks with sticks up their butts with attitudes sharp as razors towards eachother and if a mistake happens they say “Clear coms” then rip into the guy and pull again. Some groups may be more chill but this is the norm these days because the content is so brutal you need to be very strict or you wont clear it.

I can go on and on of my personal hatred over how things have gotten compared to the past but it’ll just be picked apart by one of these individuals who have thrown their dignity away to slave away at this crap difficulty tuning they have created for us that blizz now follows. They will spew the saying “Casuals need to quit crying”. If this goes on, we’ll be inside Mortal Online 1-2 levels of population.

What do we want?

BATTLETAGS!!!

When do we want them?

NOW!!!

Got it done with only 7 stacks on LFR.

FLEX

No it doesn’t. Mythic progression rarely gets shouty, because there is a social responsibility people have toward one another. Raid leaders don’t yell because it means people will leave and they have to recruit from a relatively small population of players, and raiders don’t yell because they’ll find themselves guildless and apping to new teams.

2 Likes

Very much so.

1 Like

Oh im not talking about yelling. I’m talking about the snobby high horse type of talk. The snappy sharp tongue syndrome some of these 3k io players have in key groups kind of talk.

1 Like

Gratz to anyone who gets their kill whenever they get it, progression is personal and I’m glad players are able to face a challenge appropriate to their performance and reasonable expectations of themselves. I don’t think nerfs are a bad thing, but at the same time I also don’t always take them to mean the fight was overtuned. I hope as many people as possible get to face raszageth within their expected realm of difficulty and overcome a challenge they’re happy with.

Less a fan of people complaining things being easier invalidates their own successes, or that things being hard initially, whilst knowing full well they will become easier, is a significant problem.

2 Likes

Then remove date obtained from achieves. Makes people feel terrible when someone gets an achieve 2 weeks before another person even if it isn’t after a nerf to the encounter… The guy who got it 2 weeks before will have more status and claim over the guy who got it after.

Brings a level of elitism to LFG sometimes as well. Checking the dates of AOTC etc.

I think people compare themselves to eachother too much. It’s important there are no mismatched expectations from players though. Most frustration in this game, while there are unique circumstances for everything, comes from a mismatch of expectations between players.

Then again I’d also guess I’m in the demographic of people you think is ruining the game.

2 Likes

I don’t have enough time around you to judge what you are.

If there were any fights that were actually overtuned, it’d be dathea or terros. Both were massive HP sponges. Raz simply has a lot more personal responsibility and deadly mechanics.

Raids and dungeons get nerfed every tier/season.

Not sure why this is a surprise to anyone.

2 Likes

They nerf heroic ras likely based on the number of successful kills.

When they see that the number of successful attempts is low, they assume it’s harder than intended and that’s why people aren’t killing it.

This is wrong. People aren’t killing it or reclearing because after you get aotc, why would you even fight this boss for 10 minutes when you can just clear dungeons for better rewards? There’s a reason why heroic ras queues have nothing but hunters. People do things for rewards. If the rewards suck compared to easier things, people won’t do it… but somehow this is such a hard idea for players and the developers that they actually force things the other direction.

The driver behind low kill numbers is not encounter difficulty; it’s m+.

2 Likes

What lot guilds are doing is kill 7/8 boss in heroic and head to mythic to kill for 4 bosses before heading back to heroic to kill Raz. That if they can down Terros on mythic difficulty

1 Like

Ehh they do stuff like this every raid teir.
Just look at jailer man, they removed his knockback entirely.

AotC doesn’t mean anything for prestige after the first week or two of the tier anyways, they may as well nerf it into the ground so that people can get the achievement.

Yep. And that fight was easy AF already. The kill numbers were low because his loot sucked.

They don’t understand what’s driving poor clearing numbers.

Killed ras in like january. Only bothered to do it once more. Because its too hard? No… because i get absolutely nothing out of it.

As a healer with that already on farm… yeah, I don’t really care. If you’re looking for more of a healing challenge, might I suggest mythic Razageth?

Let more people get aotc - there is not even a mount or title associated with this one. Not to mention the fact that this happens multiple times every single tier and you’re somehow complaining on the forums with a surprised Pikachu face.

We all knew it was coming. People can whine all they want about the fight being fine, “its mechanics!!!111” or what-have-you… less % of raiders had downed her by this point in the tier than any previous tier in SL. And every SL boss took sizable nerfs by this point.

Fight was definitely over tuned, and it was very noticeable given the relative ease of every fight before her. If anything, the earlier fights could have done with a little toughening.

The difficulty curve for this raiding tier was basically a flat line with a couple of speed bumps on Dathea and Broodkeeper… then the side of a mountain on Razsagath.

Oh yeah, I remember in most of cata all the way to legion people complaining about raiding was “easy” because the world first guilds were clearing first reset. It was a big deal when KJ made it through reset. Now we have raids that are tuned for the top 5 guilds in the world, and need to be nerfed for a world first. If WotLk, WoD, Legion and classic showed you anything it’s that casual raiding is way more more popular than mythic level raiding, there were more “dad guilds” clearing BWL than guilds doing BFA/SL raids. And they’ve once again made the same mistake they made in cata, gutting casual raiding.

Full disclosure, I know I don’t have AotC, guild has killed it twice, both nights I was traveling for work and missed raid. I know someones gunna look and use to it talk poopie, because this is GD after all.

1 Like