AOE CAP is Gamebreaking

So because he called the ability to do something that’s existed for 10-12 years, (more?) degenerate, that means he is immediately correct?

3 Likes

blizzard just needs to stop chasing the e sport scene, It’s time to stop!

1 Like

Yep we get it, the fun detected = remove, has been a meme for some time now

Imagine thinking that someone’s playstyle is “wrong” in a game. That’s the difference between us Ralph, there’s no wrong way to have fun. Sure you can be suboptimal all you like, as long as your actions aren’t affecting mine, I would never say your playstyle was plain “wrong”. Suboptimal yes, wrong, no.

9 Likes

So like they removed corruptions from PvP?

The truth is our developers have no idea what they want this game’s direction to even look like, since every single patch the direction goes a hard left for no discernable reason other then:

“We’re trying out something new”

They haven’t a clue what’s right, what’s wrong, what’s fun, what’s not…

Don’t pretend like they do…because, they don’t.

4 Likes

The AoE cap is not ‘gamebreaking’ and I doubt most of you will even notice it outside of maybe farming old content depending on your class (although I tested it on a fury warrior in Heart of Fear at level 60 and I was still able to blitz through the dungeon at a quick pace).

2 Likes

This is false, everybody know the developers know the one and only correct way to play their game and we’re just dummies who don’t know anything. We all play the game wrong and the devs need to save us from ourselves and show the one true path. Except Ralph, he is on par with the devs. Praise him.

8 Likes

They seem to design more about negligent disdain for the people running their content.

“Hey, people like big pulls. The most popular seasonal affix was reaping. What should we do?”

“AoE cap. Eff 'em.”

They remind me of power tripping lower government employees.

11 Likes

I don’t get these decisions. Feels like they’re constantly trying to see how much they can get away with.

1 Like

As hard as it is to believe I can’t help but feel like some of their designs decisions are out of pure spite, going completely against the players for some unknown reason. They see an uproar against something that is clearly unwanted and instead they double down on it. Like the azerite reforging for example.

3 Likes

It could be, they know that the playerbase generally dislikes their nonsense and perhaps this is some sort of retributive design that is anti-player, they may even not be consciously doing it, they just dislike us so much for copping it over the years.

Just look at how Lore acts (and he’s not even a designer).

1 Like

Lore came out and threatened that the developers would make Azerite reforging costs worse if people didn’t stop trying to do it so much. Then he went on his Twitter and started complaining about “d***bags” when his statements went over like a lead balloon.

That was probably the most honest look we’ve gotten about that team’s mindset.

15 Likes

and what classes are that? if none are caster

Holy crap? How did his opinion do a complete 180 in just a few months??

Is Ralph actually a reverse troll? I’m genuinely confused now.

5 Likes

He’s trolling, that’s how. He’ll get another forum vacation soon enough and then he’ll be Wowhead’s problem again.

2 Likes

Feral is one

Yeah but for or against blizzard? Is he actually trying to stir up emotions against covenant design by purposely using stupid arguments (pretending he’s for them?)

Rogue, feral druid and dh are the best atm

Nah he’s just not right in the head. Hence the reason why he tends to creep people out with his posts. Think he really enjoys watching other people get upset about it. He doesn’t care if it’s contradictory.

3 Likes

It doesn’t have to.

Problem is BlizZard is obsessed with balancing the game around M+ esports. :thinking:

so nothing changed outside that now feral joins the “leather ftw team”

1 Like