AOE CAP is Gamebreaking

Since they’re trying to make Mythic Dungeon Invitational more interesting to look at besides the biggest pull ever (which is ok as well) i don’t understand why would you nerf the entire game for everyone just because less than 1% of the players play m+ dungeons in such a way, i’ve seen many comments on many platforms like reddit that suggest a better not gamebreaking approach.

Just add another affix at mythic 16+ that grants this “AOE cap” to make +20 interesting and relevant and not ruining the game for the more casual players.

77 Likes

i agree remove mythic difficulty nothing good ever came out of it. make heroics great again.

45 Likes

AoE cap is gonna ruin the higher key pushers more than the majority of the game since the massive pulls become required just to time the key…but there still shouldn’t be a damn cap in the first place…blizzard just likes taking the fun out of things…

30 Likes

Aoe cap is great because firstly it makes casters somewhat more valuable, secondly it stops the degenerate gameplay of “pull everything, mass cc, delete without real danger”

The only REAL issue with AoE cap for me is what happens with previous xpac content where you get swarmed by like 20 mobs, I assume us being level 60 and outscaling them means we ll still destroy them but what about people who are leveling?

23 Likes

Pulling less mobs is easier than pulling more mobs

26 Likes

How do people find massive pulling not fun? Seeing big numbers things dying super quick and you complete the dungeon faster. People who like this idea I just dont understand. I dont want classic where I have to CC mobs or small pulls. That is soooo boring. This AOE cap is trash.

25 Likes

Let’s see how this plays out
:popcorn:

6 Likes

The lead dev said how that kind of gameplay is “degenerate”, I dont think you have any grounds to stand when he said that.

If something is bad and wrong, the devs remove it, simple.

5 Likes

Unpopular opinion here but as someone that has a super long ramp up time, i’m kinda looking forward to being able to spread my dots around without the melee utterly melting the whole pull before i get a chance to do anything.

Pre-cast seed… watch it travel… wait for it to explode… by the time the pack is already half dead lol

26 Likes

I’m not sure if I’ll like the new rules for cleave and AOE, but I will admit that figuring out how to kite 293479374 trash mobs until they can be locked down and blown up was cool at first but kinda getting boring after multiple expansions of the same thing. People often complain that Blizz tries to fix things that aren’t broken, but sometimes things just get old, even if they aren’t broken. (For me, anyway)

3 Likes

Ok white knight. Its degenerative to do small pulls after small pulls. Let me speed pot pick up all the trash and boom CD all the trash down.

There was nothing wrong. They also created this problem with having Mythic dungeons as a competitive scene lol

12 Likes

The lead Dev of WoW disagrees and thankfully he is in charge.

8 Likes

Their design is never about making things better. They design around making their jobs easier. Laziness. AoE caps is one example of how to make balancing much easier for them.

25 Likes

Ooph…you just incurred a 5 minute cooldown hope you didn’t plan on using a pot on the boss you’re about to fight…

2 Likes

Nah It will be up in time

Except, Heroics were never great. Hence the clamor for them to make end-game dungeons useful back in the day. Well, they finally did; it’s called Mythic +.

4 Likes

For Ion having gone on about RPG elements, the AoE cap makes little sense on a good chunk of the abilities.

If they want to limit how much of an AoE-fest dungeons can become they should design some mobs to counter-act AoE.

Have enemies that’ll make tanks uncomfortable having more than a couple hitting them, or enemies with an aura that reduces AoE damage taken for all allies by 90% so you have to single target focus them down.

If AoE is a problem it should be solved through game design, not by just limiting the spells.

12 Likes

I can’t get mad at the aoe cap for the simple reason that I play classic. There aoe farming is a straight up thing, and they always tag the entire zone, kill it, you get nothing, then they ask “are you farming or questing?” and if you’re lucky they’ll let the stuff you need respawn.

It’s a dumb way to play, I couldn’t do it even though it is pretty much the easiest way to level. Maybe I’m too considerate of other players in the zone, I’ve never seen one of those guys and not been at least mildly disrupted.

Not sure why blizzard decided to change it the way they did at this particular point, but I assume it stems from the ethos that aoeing down dozens of mobs is kind of degenerate. And that’s their word, not mine.

oh yeah what about frost mage blizzard frost orb? seed of corruption on warlocks? EARTHQUAKE on 5 targets?, its laughable.

you wont get a damage buff for bfa content till the expansion after shadowlands, for the buff you need to be 11 levels above the content.