AOE CAP is Gamebreaking

I agree but if they’re going to implement it at least let them where it doesnt hurt the majority of the players

I think it stinks.

where are your sources? i just remember 1 interview when he said that he didn’t think that’s the only way to play the game. nothing about degenerate, you’re just blindly defending the AOE CAP senselessness.

3 Likes

Nah. I’ve played all of the dungeons. No way you want a 24 sec or 1 min interrupt in there. Way too many casters in trash packs. Maybe a group could have 1 caster, but you’re most likely better off just bringing 3 melee/hunters and pulling around their aoe cap. I don’t think anything is going to change in terms of group comp.

1 Like

Worse is about getting some views in youtube for MDI, and GCD was about Arenas.

“AoE cap set to 5 for many classes, meanwhile shadowlands dungeons have many packs of 6.”
I ve actually read comments who called this bad design due to bolstering affix, they are unironically blaming blizzard for increasing the skillcap.

You were never supposed to pull everything, mass cc and mongo it down by spamming AoE abilities, Ion literally said this was “degenerate gameplay”, bolstering especially requires you to CHANGE TO HIGH HEALTH TARGET, it seems that some elitists are so lazy that actual increase in skillcap and micro management like changing to highest HP target is “bad design”. If anything it is clear Blizzard is increasing the skillcap of the overall game.

I ve been playing many classes without great AoE which of course meant I would need to use single target at times in such packs during bolstering week, what I did was simply look at the healthbars and tab or click the one that is highest when I show one lagging behind, that is how you are meant to actually play with bolstering, not just mass pull/cc and spam AoE without thought or skill.

Covenants are also another huge factor when it comes to skill, it is incredibly easy to sim yourself or copy what is best for a specific encounter that requires ST damage more than AoE etc. Similar to how some m+ during Tyrannical prefer ST over heavy AoE.

There is no real choice when it comes to covenants if we were thinking of one single encounter out of 20, like Ion said there will always be a right build for each encounter mathematically.

But what if you are required to choose a build that will work on all 20 types of encounters well ENOUGH, now that requires a lot more skill and ability than just copying what some guide told you for each encounter ;^)

Of course that means for the people who dont care about RPG elements like choices or builds and just copy whatever a site tells them, their life is about to become a lot harder and complicated since they will no longer be able to get carried by being optimal on all situations which means more people for me to outdps as a casual venthyr boomie uwu.

3 Likes

There will still be AoE, just not everything will be AoE. There will be a delineation between “Cleave” and “AoE”.

3 Likes

You’re a drone at this point

Literally you said nothing, just wrote an entire essay justifying anything blizzard does. “you were never meant” its been like that forever, like its the essence of wow, there’s been some changes but the pruning for example, they had to take that back, they took a lot of gcd changes back, and i bet they’re taking this trash idea back as well, take the probe out of your whatever and stop being a drone for the first time in your life.

8 Likes

That is what people like Preach dont get, the devs are in charge, if they detect a wrong way of playing, they remove it.

You were part of that wrong way of playing, they have identified your way of playing as a problem and are removing it.

You need to learn to adapt, games change, they dont stay the same thankfully.

3 Likes

How many buttons do you have to hit to hit x number of targets? I don’t know about others, but I have to hit two buttons that hit all targets, plus an extra button per target before starting to do real damage.

If you can hit an infinite number of targets with only one or two button presses, it’s too easy. Don’t like the cap? Play a caster and suffer like the rest of us, while not caring about the cap.

2 Likes

You are obsessed.

10 Likes

I don’t have an issue with the change due to how AoE has spiralled out of control

I’d like them keep an eye on it and see how it plays out though and make changes if they need to

However we hoped they’d do that with the gcd and look how that turned out

I’d still rather gcds get fixed with AoE caps then uncapped AoE and the current gcds

because blizz, just like every other stupid current day game company, thinks that instead of making a fun game they need to make a game that works as an e sport. and thus they think balancing it around the 1% is the best idea in every situation. except covenants apparently

3 Likes

It does not stop mass pulling if you have been on beta testing its still a thing we do just now we bring classes less affected by the aoe cap (none of whom are casters) and its the same old same old the only change this makes is widening the gap between whats good and what isnt

2 Likes

You think this changed anything? Come join us on beta where we are still doing the same mass pulls we just take the classes less affected by the aoe cap now.

5 Likes

AoE cap is so bad.

Literally punishing people that want to transmog farm or work on mats at lower levels. :100: :100: :100:

2 Likes

Mythic + is ruining the game.

9 Likes

I think you should do something over a 20 right now and do a mass pull to see what it takes. There is so much to execute in those pulls for timing of stuns and interrupts

3 Likes

The devs seem to love finding solutions for problems that don’t exist.

1 Like

That’s the thing lol, when you stack classes with great utility that becomes extremely easy, when you stack specs like that that let you easily control huge pulls of mobs, it does become a degenerate gameplay that needs to be removed.

Yeah, maybe the average group that doesnt have optimal l33t comb cannot achieve that same pull anywhere near as easy, it might actually be hard, but when you have all the tools from the best specs to your disposal, it is a joke with no real danger which is exactly why that way of playing is getting removed from the game thankfully.