Anyone tired of "new races" being copy pasted already available races?

They need to add:

-Naga
-Sethrak

ASAP, everything else is just silly reskins.

1 Like

Think of that thoroughly first. When I use charge on my Dark Iron, he goes “raaawr!”. On a murloc, he’d go “gurgle gurgle gurgle!”

New customisations are always great. :grin:
— However, stuff that could be added as new customisations yet are added as an entirely new race instead, feels kind of like being cheated.

Good example of a ‘new race’ added within an existing race:

• Is the Eredar — Being taken in by their kin - Majorly composed of the renamed ‘Draenei’ people once more.

Example of a ‘new race’ added in the game outside of its existing race:

• Mag’har orcs.
  • Kul’Tiran Humans.

Now sure, there’s some variation races where you could kind of understand the discrepancy of making them a different race such as Void Elves, Nightborne and Mechagnome (offshooting from the races Blood Elves, Nightelves and standard gnomes) due to either cosmic changes or mechanical modifications.

:point_up: However Blizzard themseves kind of made that core reason towards the severance of races redundant, when they made Eredar just as a customisation for Draenei ~ Sooo … :person_shrugging:

Uh, that’s the point.

Imagine hearing that plus heroic leap screams

It would be glorious

5 Likes

I dont mind i just wish instead of making up all new races/varients like vulpera the new upcomming earthen and diaper gnomes they would just use existing races, give the forest trolls orc or kul’tieran skeleton, and use the earthen from northren

1 Like

I didn’t mind Vulpera because they were not a copy/paste. Sure, they may use some physics from Goblins, but at least they were not a different type of Goblin.

2 Likes

they couldn’t handle all the Monkeying around!

Ironic since Vulpera are just reskinned goblins. In terms of their skeletons.

Kul Tiran Humans are the only allied race with unique skeletons. Unique w.r.t playable races that is.

But for the most part that is what allied races are. It is why they are not considered core races.

Same for Kul Tiran humans. We have completely different skeletons and animations when compared to regular humans. Although some of the female kul tiran animations are borrowed from female vrykul from what I’ve noticed. Such as the sitting animation.

Not to mention Vulpera. They use the goblin skeleton but they have no relation to Goblins.

Then you also have Void elves and Nightbourne. Where they are faction swaps of existing core races. Void elves w.r.t blood elves and Nightbourne w.r.t Night Elves.

Can’t have those as simple customization options either. The only allied races that fit that bill are

Lightforged Draenei → Draenei
Dark Iron Dwarfs → Dwarfs
Highmountain Tauren → Tauren
Zandalari Troll → Troll (just give standard male trolls the option to straighten their backs, like they did with orcs)
Mag’har Orc → Orcs
Mechagnome → Gnome

Yes.

But I can also understand it’s budget friendly. And I think the reskinned races is more exciting than a mere cosmetic customization option.

And we’ve gotten way more new races since they’ve started doing this. So I can’t complain.

They are both taking a race slot and one takes away from the other.

It wasnt a mistake it was extra dollars for the corporation

Let’s not kid ourselves into thinking that getting a reskin made us miss out on getting something with an entirely new model. Getting Mag’har didn’t make us miss out on getting Ogres. When it comes to the reskin additions, the alternative is nothing. They are essentially internal asset flips justified by so few resources being required. As soon as you need more resources, the effort is no longer justifiable to the suits.

1 Like

But the Earthen will miss out the Alliance another Horde-race though.

Nope.

Because it is fun, cool, offers variety, and is a new race.

Gimme the gnolls. I want a cowl a backpack and a bowl of fish stew!

Yes. I find the allied races kind of lame because they should have just been customizable options for the core races they are based on.

The only unique race is the dragon people, but I don’t really care for them.

2 Likes

I still spell Dreanai wrong most of the time.

I just want my blue underwater model of Goblin at this point.

1 Like

Earthen aren’t Alliance or Horde. This is a completely arbitrary metric.

I really like the earthen - Though yeah, it really is a recolor.

But, judging from trends, I suspect Earthen might not be the only playable race coming - its possible that there will be more later on in the xpac - BFA saw an influx of them.

there are literally dozens of races they can choose and even make it fit into the lore EASILY but instead we have 3 dwarf races as of the next expansion. Don’t get me wrong I love dwarves but some variety would be nice.

Imagine seeing a Rogue Ogre just poking people lol that’s be awesome

6 Likes