Anyone tired of "new races" being copy pasted already available races?

“A variety of different dwarves” is still variety … technically <.<

1 Like

Yep, a third dwarf copy & paste clone as an expansion feature is just beyond embarrassing.

2 Likes

lol
I get what you’re saying…and maybe I should’ve been more specific. Instead “variety” I should of just said something other than dwarves.

1 Like

Oh - totally fair - I just thinking to myself that Bliz might be going “well they want a variety, SO, more dwarves!”

Maybe I have too much faith in Bliz - but I would be surprised if Earthen was the only new race - perhaps we get more races as the xpac goes on.

I’m pretty upset that they dedicated an entire expansion to a reskin of an already playable race.

It’s an allied race, full stop. And they look too similar to dark iron dwarves.

In previous expansions when they did allied races they did several at a time. Would have much preferred all that effort going into more cosmetics for existing races or enabling hats with hair.

4 Likes

Four. The Wildhammer are a subrace with wrong racials.

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect it. Allied Races, collectively, were sold as a feature. If there were grander plans, you better believe they’d be slapping that on a feature list instead of singling one out.

Nope. They use Goblin frame.

1 Like

It’s still a new race. A pretty mainstream race on top of that. Take Kul Tiran. They don’t use the old human model, but are obviously just overweight humans and not a new race. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I don’t think any new race other than maybe Naga and Nerubians would have unique rigs at this point (and it’s dubious either of them is ever coming because of the hell that would be for equipment, moreso than finding story reasons for some of them to become champeons)

Hey that’s not true…

They have Christmas tree lights too. Lol

Yeah, given all the complaints about not being able to do much mogging with Dracthyr I suspect Blizz would be reluctant to make Naga or Nerubians playable unless they are willing to heavily invest in new armor sets.

Vulpera is actually a copypasta from goblins. All they did is added some fur on top of the existing race and called it a day. Even their running animation is exactly the same

Vulpera are reskinned goblins

The only true new race we’ve gotten is Kul Tiran. They’re the only fully custom race

But yes, getting constant reskins is annoying. The character selection page could be condensed so much.

Nope. Vulpera was the only new race, while Kul Tiran are nothing more than overweight humans.

Nobody would say Vulpera are Goblins. Just like nobody would say Sethrak or Saberon are Worgen, just because they use the same model.

1 Like

I’m talking about models and rigging.

Vulpera use the goblin rig.

Kul Tiran are the only race with a custom rig/model that is fully their own

1 Like

Be Ready for Midnight. They might add High Elves soon.

I mean, the Gilgoblins and Ocean Jinyu could work as viable races if a new expac had a lot of sea or otherwise water mechanics that would make them an asset.

2 Likes

Yes! I want to be a Vrykul.

2 Likes

I don’t mind the race reskins with a new race ability

I do mind when they turn such a trivial reward into a huge grind