Anyone leaving SOD for cata classic?

Cata is going to be a massive failure. No one is going to play that garbage.

Koticklysm had almost nothing to offer. Maybe Goblins, a couple of okay at best raids. While wrath was the start of the hollow empty world cataclysm took everything bad about Wrath and made it worse. Even PVP was an unbalanced mess. Never again.

Wait, so does this mean you arenā€™t playing SoD?

1 Like

i will be jumping ship. I hear hunters are actually good in cata (I never played that version), I hate being nerfā€™d everytime some bad pvp player dies from a hunters pet and cries.

oh yeah, last night i played retail wow for the first time and WOW. humans can be hunters?!?! and they are super op, i got to level 5 or 6 in just a few minutes and the graphics are crazy good.

Why the heck cant we get good graphics in SoD?!?

Even on private servers, those things were dead. Why on earth they decided to release the easiest, worst expansion is beyond my comprehension. Couldā€™ve launched another tbc, a fresh era classic, even a new wotlk. Cataclysm is NOT classic.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAA

wait, youā€™re serious?

okay then, no. my answer is no. I resubbed for SoD and when SoD ends Iā€™ll unsub again until the next time I can tank on my warlock.

1 Like

I will play it for a couple of hours just to remind myself how bad and different it is compared to classic

1 Like

No, you can literally play Cataclysm right now on retail. Why its even considered Classic was a major mistake from the WoW Dev team.

Well prior to SOD I was planning on playing Cata Classic. I guess unlike many I actually enjoyed Cata. I didnā€™t really enjoy WOTLK classicā€¦ only took two classes to max level and bailed. I"m totally into SODā€¦ great guild, having fun and enjoy playing with people in my guild. Even the people we pick up on Alt raids have all been great.

Personally I will not be going to play Cata Classic.

Iā€™d recommend that if youā€™ve not ever rolled/played a gobbo. Their starting zone was interesting if somewhat hamfisted.
But fitting!
:wink:

Also getting a zone randomly torched by Deathwing while out leveling was funny to me.
Bonus if you make it to the Badlands and run the questline ā€œThe Day that Deathwing Cameā€.
GL and have fun!

2 Likes

Some parts of cata were excellent. The resilience changes, rated bgs, bg xp, class balance, etc. were great if you liked pvp but werenā€™t a fan of arenas. Most fun PvP expansion imo.

The cata announcement is actually what made me resub.

Zero chance I go back to 50/50 chance of being kicked at the beginning of a heroic rdf because Iā€™m specced sub instead of the meta when Iā€™m only there for badges in the first place. MAYBE if enough of my guild has interest Iā€™ll play with them and only them.

1 Like

I liked the initial hard dungeons.

I liked watching newbies get splatted by Ozruck and other do or die cata mechanics.

Like rdf tanking is funny when you arent in it for your weekly cap.

i was going to try cata but forgot wow token was in the game and immediately projectile vomited
yall can keep your pay to gear system

I think they did this on purpose to end the progression of Classic.

They will see the low participation, and call it.

Iā€™m going to try Cata when it comes out, I quit in late Wrath and want to try it out. Itā€™s going to be all new to me cause I didnā€™t even watch videos or anything at the time. I tired SoD and the best part is the classic world. The runes just make it easier, not better. Iā€™m burnt out already.

1 Like

Cata Classic = Oxymoron

I hope im able to play both with how casual SoD has been. Cata has some great raids. The casual crowd will hit those tier 10 dungeons like a brickwall, just like they did back in 2010. Get your CCs ready bois. Remember star is sap and noon is poly

1 Like

I hope they release classic legion. I wanna get an artifact fishing pole and class quest weapons that I can empower up with runes/artifact thingiesā€¦

oh and of course roll a demon hunter tank!

1 Like

ā€œCata killed the gameā€ -people who canā€™t be bothered to learn more than one or two mechanics per PvE encounter

1 Like