Anyone getting burnt out from WoW?

Not a rant or anything about the state of the game. But I just wanted to share some of my thoughts about WoW in general. For me, the excitement that I once had for WoW is no longer there and I’m sure for many others its the same. Even if we do happen to get past xpac servers from Blizz like Wrath, Cata, or MoP, I just don’t see myself feeling the surge of excitement and awe in playing those. I know so much about the game now and it just becomes second nature to me to know how to play certain classes in every xpac if we take into account the wealth of information that is available in order to learn about something.

I would much rather prefer an expansion that we had never seen where the developers actually take its progress to heart and work on it with passion. From what WoW once was to what it has become it almost feels as if every project that was assigned to developers post-MoP was just another trivial deadline where they put together a bunch of materials to create a very uninteresting and melancholic result. Not saying that I wouldn’t enjoy servers like Wrath, Cata or even MoP if they were to make a re-appearance since I understand there are many (like me) who adored the iconic facets that a lot of the previous expansions presented. But I would be more welcoming to a whole new expansion that entailed features and elements that were once embraced by many but also brought new things into the game that would ultimately liberate WoW from what it is now into something more grand.

2 Likes

I’m amazed how much fun people are having in Classic while hating BFA. The WoW retail experience is just not about having fun anymore. It’s a chore.

10 Likes

stop crying about retail and just play classic

3 Likes

I’m actually playing Classic more than retail. Like I mentioned, this isn’t a rant against retail. Its just that WoW itself (in whatever way I look at if we want past iterations of the game) feels boring. Even Classic feels a bit dry after a while for me. I honestly want retail to do well in 9.0. I was alluding that maybe we hope to see something fresh and fun next xpac instead of praying for new servers following Classic.

1 Like

I’m also waiting for retail to be good because classic and current retail suck.

I’d take a MoP server tho for sure and be happy about it

1 Like

The problem is that Retail BFA is more of a mobile game than it is a M M O R P G. try and consider the fact that in vanilla you need to socialize and talk to people and make friends otherwise you will cease to exist at some point.

60 in classic with “pre-bis” and no real interest in doing molten core so not really a whole lot to do.

So is classic lol…

you mean literally nothing to do ? lol
ragnaros and onyxia aren’t exactly content.

Classic is literally one giant chore

2 Likes

i’d rather mow the lawn than clean the whole damn house

1 Like

Even if the lawn is taller than the house

Why farm pre-bis if you didnt intend on using it for raiding? Seems kind of pointless.

Literally everybody

Go play something else.

Seriously, not trying to be a troll, but that’s exactly what I did for 5 months. I played FF14, Guild Wars 2, and even ESO. Came back just to get BfA flying because now would be the easiest time to get it in case I really liked 9.0 and leveling through BfA without flying would have been a drag.

I’m still here a month later. The game is enjoyable again. The things that drove me away are still there and will probably drive me away again, but the parts that I really like and are hard to describe, they’re keeping me here now.

Yeah I’m probably going to do exactly that. I’m somewhat of a fan of console games that involve interesting lore and progression. Might just end up giving games like God of War 4 or Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild a shot.

Sucks to see WoW in this state. PvP was really the main reason that got me playing this game a lot more than any other games. I’ll be keen for Blizzcon when they announce whats coming next expansion hoping to see if they have learnt from mistakes.

Take a break, seems to be best. Why invest in something you no longer get value?

I am enjoying BFA and have reconnected with friends of past gaming. Now I love WOW even more . Having a blast to be honest… I know it’s not perfect and dislike the direction ion is taking but the social aspect of the mmo is something I really enjoy.

Join a guild with a similar vision as yours

Have you tried GW2?

No sir, I have not. I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about it though. Had a lot of my childhood friends play Guild Wars as a substitute to WoW back when TBC came out, but I never really played it.

1 Like

its just something to do. if you are not doing that then you probably are not playing at all once you hit 60. we dont even have bgs