Anyone found an easy way to farm Flightstones yet?

It’s getting real annoying having hundreds of crests and no way to spend them.

6 Likes

Just spam lower lev keys

5 Likes

If you complete a key that grants someone a gain in rating, you get bonus flightstones. So doing low keys with someone’s alt is the fastest way to get flightstones though generally if you do 8 keys to fill your vault and someone gains rating each time then you should be overflowing with flightstones.

3 Likes

I ran 8 this week, 7 gave bonus stones, I still have 7 upgrades left at hero level for my tank spec. 2 myth and 4 hero for my heals spec, and 1 hero for my DPS spec.

Add in the sidegrades I can upgrade and I need like 3K stones still.

1 Like

Lows go pretty quick. My recommendation too.

Alternatively have an auto turn and smash out the Zaralwk Caverns stuff if you didn’t do it before.

1 Like

If you have not done the main story quests in ZC, it gives you hundreds.

Most are 10 or 15 at a time… but I think the introductory quests in Loam give you 300 at one point in the chain.

None of this is repeatable on a single character.

1 Like

Define “easy”. Sources of flightstones in order of quantity/time from most to least are:

• Campaign Quest lines in Zaralek and Emerald Dream
  • Planting Dream Seeds
  • Dungeon and Raid bosses
  • Events (i.e. Researchers Under Fire)
  • World Quests + World Boss
  • Rares
  • Weekly Loamm/ Emerald Dream quest caches
  • Buying them with tokens out of the Great Vault
  • Treasures
6 Likes

Maybe on Tuesdays only you can farm them by participating in a lot of seeds. A youtube video entitled “Fastest way to farm flightstones in World of Warcraft Dragonflight 10.2” has more detailed description and includes an addon that helps track seeds that are elsewhere in the zone and chests you haven’t looted yet.

This definitely worked earlier in the season, but it may be tough now :frowning:

Edit: The reason it would be tough is that you need a bunch of other people to contribute emerald dewdrops to get to 50/100. that’s 250 dewdrops per seed yeah. and on your own even if you stop by and farm some briefly you’ll end up with like 1/5 that.

3 Likes

Don’t underestimate the hourly/ half-hourly events. Some of those give pretty decent flightstones for 10 minutes of play time.

Treasures, seeds and quests. Farming low keys is the worst way.

So all still garbage farming.

We went from too many stones and not enough crests, with a way to spend excess stones, to not enough stones and too much crests.

Even taking into account a full heroic clear and converting wyrm crests up to aspect crests, I still have no stones.

4 Likes

This is why flightstones need not exist. We’re back to the degenerate spamming 2s for a currency, no different than valor.

5 Likes

Spamming twos gets you the least amount for your effort.

1 Like

Maybe not, you can spam out an M2 in like 10 minutes with a geared group. But that’s not what they were saying, the easiest possible way is to get alts or find some lowbie key listing and just smash it out, it’s a no brainer farm in the same way valor was, nothing has changed.

1 Like

Loam weekly quest - the bag will give you 200 flightstones, if you know the trick how to do this efficiently, this is the best optimum way to get it, and it also still have a chance to give you the big money purse (around 15K of gold).

2 Likes

Raid is the best.
Just do a normal run and you get quite a few for an hours work.

After that low keys or treasure farming in the emerald dream is your best bet.

I just now finished the Loam weekly and unless the caffeine hasn’t sunk into me yet, it gave me 300 flightstones. Was a nice surprise. Maybe they upped it to 300?

1 Like

I’m flowing with Flight stones, and I spend them on adventure, explorer and veteran gear every few days to have room for more stones on alternates and main character. I don’t do dungeons or raid much, just world stuff.

1 Like

Maybe that’s half the problem, ED probably gives bugger all compared to previous events. ED has the superbloom that has its problems and seed farming. And unless you join a seed farming group, you have to also farm dewdrops and seeds.

You are also only 453 iLVL, try going up to 9 more upgrade levels across 13 or so pieces of gear, each costing around 150 or so on average.

Quick calculation to get up to 483, add in some bad luck protection from getting higher iLVL drops in dungeons and raid, you will need about 15,000 more stones.

1 Like

There is no cap on getting Flightstones from Dream Seeds (there is a cap on Dream Warden Rep). With the Plumber addon and a lot of seeds, you can get a decent amount of Flightstones in a pinch, but it’s still less efficient than questing.

The Suffusion Camp and Zaralek Cavern WQs still have a chance of giving a decent amount of Flightstones as a base reward.