Anyone found an easy way to farm Flightstones yet?

I keep forgetting this exists, no one ever does it anymore. Every time I head out it’s just me.

doing the researchers under fire gives ~70, plus the weekly gives 200. The world boss in ZC gives ~70. thats over 300 right there. Do a few WQs etc etc. The fyrakk assault gives a ton. Fyrakk gives ~70 too.

Honestly hearing all these suggestion is great, but I counter your argument with sub 10 minute M+ runs for 80 stones, assuming the person is getting an upgraded rating and that’s easy to manufacture.

Hell, I could join an M2 as a tank, get an 80% hit rate on someone getting a rating upgrade and drag a group of nobodies through a dungeon in 10-15 minutes.

It’s mostly for leveling players but if you’re in <400 gear and leveling, then unless you can find a group you will just die all the time.

Thanks for that update. I must have been thinking of the rep cap. I will try that addon.

Because it’s early in the patch. In 2 months your main will be drowning in flightstones, again.

It would be nice if we could convert some crests into the stones

1 Like

On my server I’ve seen a decent amount of people at the Suffusion Camps. At the least, enough to take down the Champion if it spawns.

10.2 both a) reduced the amount of Flightstones you can get from activities and b) drastically increased the cost of upgrading items, especially at higher levels.

The economy is different now which is why there are now pain points.

It would be nice if they just allowed upgrades with crests only because they not only reduced the amount of stones you can farm, but also added things like 250 stones per spark.

Limited stones like what we have should be for buying gear from a vendor as a bad luck protection, maybe a hefty amount to upgrade your gear past the 8/8 or 6/6 level, but crests should have been enough for the upgrades alone.

1 Like

But they also increased the amont of 415 gear earlier in patch this time, as well as tier tokens earlier amd even added World drop BOEs. Overall I’m leveling faster than the last patch but I’m not a super-fast leveler.

I’ve always been one to push, make sure my class I am using for the new season is geared as much as possible before it starts and straight into keys and raiding in whatever week it becomes available, I did a few M15s in the first week of S3.

It is certainly a world of difference now compared to what it was in S2 for those like myself who were already above the iLVL that world stuff drops. Hell even my S1 main that I did not need to gear in S2 was still above 415 by the time S3 started.

For many of us pushing higher keys and iLVL, the world gear and catch up stuff is quite literally useless and it’s us who are struggling to get stones. All these suggestions, do world content, camps, feasts, invasions or whatever, that’s all stuff lower iLVL players are doing.

Doesn’t converting use stones?

1 Like

No, but it’s maths. Run 5 M16+ and get 60 aspect crests and like, 200 stones.

Or run 8 M11 dungeons in half the time, get 350 stones and convert all your wyrm crests to aspects. You now have 15 aspects and 350 stones as opposed to 60 aspects and no stones to spend them on.

It’s not. I don’t have addons or anything, but I do the superbloom and seeds tuesday while working out at home.

There are always a dozen or so people linking seeds in chat and a bunch of people at each one. I trash and I can figure it out.

1 Like

40 flightstones from a timed 16 seems really low. If I’m not mistaken you get a bonus of like 25 stones for timing a key***, and a 16 is usually around 50 stones, so should be close to 75 stones for timing a 16.

I tried finding a chart online but no luck so far.

***Edit - so I think the bonus is only when someone in the party has a score upgrade from the key.

or people who just aren’t in a hurry. What’s your rush? You have until next fall to push higher keys. This is the last patch, right?

Idk how ppl don’t have enough flightstones, i have in my bags a bunch of stuff that i’m not using cause i’m capped on FS.

• 5 X Emerald Flightstone - 100 each
  • 29 X Faint Whispers of Dreaming - around 10 each i think
  • 12 X Blossoming Dreamtrove - epic bag you get from reaching max during a superbloom event - can’t remember how many each gives

I also spent thousands on upgrading adventurer gear to rank 5 to make it epic, so i can disenchant it. By thousands i’ve probably spent over 5k alone for that.

Yeah I’d be ok without the stones

As I said I don’t do dungeons or raid much. So, 463 gear is the best I’ll need. Reason I haven’t maxed out to 463 is I run out of crests faster than I run out of stones.

My health has also deuterated enough I almost didn’t survive Christmas morning. So, I don’t play as much as I use to and since the only raid I’ve done since I been back, I killed the big bad I no longer need to LFR.

Theres no easy way, you gotta work for them. Spam low keys or high keys.

Actually we got a season 4 which is technically patch 4. You actually dont. We have a new set of M+ to do in season 4 and fated raids.

I’ve just said eff it and only use stones on certain quality of gear at this rate.

If they come to me they come, if not, oh well

1 Like

Yeah exactly. Use most of the stones on your best items, those you know will stay, i.e. tier, trinkets, weapons. Then don’t forget you also have crafting, that only uses crests and not stones iirc. You can make 3 pieces so far so that’s 3 slots you don’t need stones for. OP has 2 of them, so that’s a slot he used stones for that he didn’t have to.