Anyone else upset that they are removing skeletons from the game?

I don’t think this is about keeping it the way it was, but about preventing something that can happen now. And hate speech is just one possibility. People blaming SJWs and liberals are latching onto that one thing.

There is also about the gold sellers. And who knows what.

Hate speech can occur with or without Skelton’s. All it takes is hitting a few letters on the keyboard.

6 Likes

Nothing has changed since 2005, except people’s willingness to empower the most ridiculous people on the planet, by living in fear of them.

Your explanation is not impressive.

2 Likes

That’s the point though. Isn’t it? If they type something in chat, then they can be reported, and Blizz has a record. No record of skeletons, unless someone took a screenshot.

I’m a big supporter of #nochanges. My only reaction to the skeleton thing is “meh.”

you obviously didn’t play during vanilla. this was a constant problem

If Blizzard can’t do anything about those who trade retail gold for classic gold, then what’s the difference? It comes from the same place, you still have to work for it. Not arguing in favor of gold sellers, but the fact that gold sellers have the same impact as something that will likely go unenforced.

Reporting someone is still too late. 20 people may have already committed suicide after having read a naughty word, by the time someone gets reported.

Better just remove all chat.

8 Likes

Personally, I never saw a skeleton message. I only saw corpse messages, and I never remember it being a “problem”.

I usually just chuckled, then moved on with my gaming experience.

3 Likes

Except in that it actually is. People really just need to pull their heads out of their posteriors and grow a f**king spine, as apposed to what we have now where people seem to be bending over backwards at the idea of making alterations to the game for the sake of political correctness.

“Anyone that is willing to trade a little freedom for a little security, will end up deserving neither and losing both” is a prospect that seems to be completely lost on people in society today, and it’s just bloody sickening how you all seem to just lap it up like dogs in heat.

9 Likes

This, I am a very insecure person and have been struggling with my nose being longer than the usual person. If someone were to say the word Pinocchio or write it I would probably commit suicide right there.

#remove communication

6 Likes

reported for saying the P word

1 Like

As a matter of fact, the idea that some of you can even call yourselves Americans, I personally find to be extraordinary… And I’m from CANADA ffs…

The smell of b**ch in here is just pathetic, honestly.

8 Likes

Include “batching” and many other quirks and bugs for authenticity, but then remove Kazzak kites and skeletons because they “hurt gameplay”?

Seems arbitrary as hell to me, and a stark indication they dont actually intend to treat “authenticity” with the respect they claim.

6 Likes

Way to slippery slope something. Get it through your head: No SJW or liberal, or whatever label you want to put on people, asked for this. The players didn’t ask for this. It is something Blizzard did, probably at the behest of their stockholders, or whomever is in charge.

They are doing this for their reasons. And if you (or I) don’t understand why, then you either accept it, or come up with conspiracy theories, less than a week before launch.

1 Like

the fact that gold sellers have the same impact as something that will likely go unenforced.

Gold sellers are a problem not because of the economic impact on the game but because gold selling+buying creates a huge incentive to phish, hack, and otherwise attack player accounts. WoW account credentials were more valuable than credit card +cvc credentials.

Leave the skeletons in the game, please! This is a huge part of world PvP. Retail isn’t fun for me anymore because of the FUN being removed…

9 Likes

Really? “A huge part of world PvP”? That sounds more ridiculous than removing all chat.

It really is. If you arrive and Grom’Gol, and the entire camp is paved with skeletons… you gulp, and then try to figure out how you’re going avoid joining them.

8 Likes

why add RCR if you’re gonna remove stuff like this because of abuse? yikes

5 Likes

The scary thing is there’s others out there that it truly effects.
(You should read the “Mental Health” thread… F’in weird really.)

So we have to err on the side of “if it saves but one life” it’s a festering boil on the body of an enlightened society, and much like Herpes, there is no cure. It will continue to return.

1 Like