Anyone else upset that they are removing skeletons from the game?

Instead of dying and leaving your skeleton for hours as a warning for others, they are changing it so when you die the second time, it disappears. Whatever happened to not making changes?

55 Likes

No. No, not really.

On second thought… no. Nope, makes no difference to me.

19 Likes

Devs are obviously playing rogues on a pvp server.

7 Likes

The reason given was a good one.

Do you want huge adverts for gold selling sites spelled out in corpses?

7 Likes

Nope… doesn’t matter to me at all. didn’t care… still don’t.

4 Likes

Upset? No. Would I prefer vanilla skeletons? Yes
Not big deal.

9 Likes

#nochanges and this is a change

12 Likes

Naw, not really. Couldn’t care less to be honest.

2 Likes

It’s not a big deal to me. I saw a couple of skeletons in the stress test and it made me a little more cautious. It only takes one skeleton to do that.

2 Likes

One thing Blizzard is not interested in recreating from Vanilla are exploits.

Persistent skeletons led to exploits and harassment. Advertisers used them to create the names of gold selling websites, in the middle of town, etc.

Blizzard got rid of the persistent skeletons to eliminate these exploits.

3 Likes

How does this relate to corpses, i seen that happen, but never skeleton advertisements. It was always dead bodies that never released.

5 Likes

I would like to see them pile up like the old days but with people using them to spell bad words and market gold sellers etc… it’s a necessary evil, people will abuse any loophole they can find this was just one ‘creative use of game mechanics’ that caused real issues for some servers/players so Blizz took it away.

This is why we can’t have nice things

That’s the reason that they gave in the AMA for making the change. I don’t really remember skeleton adverts either, just corpses like you pointed out.

1 Like

Well it obviously isnt fixing that problem, now is it?

Wow, that’s disappointing. I really liked the skeletons after a huge battle.

9 Likes

Right and so the reason I don’t really care that they’re gone.

1 Like

Probably saves GMs a lot of time/effort so they don’t need to track down all the accounts being used to create adverts for 3rd-party websites, see if they’re hacked or not, banning them, etc.

2 Likes

Just imagine for a second we take this thread back to 2015… “Hey guys guess what, WE ARE GETTING CLASSIC!! With basically no changes only little ones! Check and see what these people are complaining about”.

Shut up and enjoy classic

2 Likes

Yup.

Basically a few bad people ruined it for the rest. And this change is one of the prices paid to have a game without exploits.

The price had to be paid, so oh well.

2 Likes

“Upset” is a pretty strong word for how I feel about it. I’m mildly, nearly imperceptibly disappointed but this isn’t game breaking for me. Just adds to the danger of contested zones, because now the killers leave less evidence.

1 Like