Anyone else think its inappropriate?

2 ideas to solve this for you.

Step 1, unsub and never come back - this solves your anger towards Blizzard and Bobby.
Step 2, don’t give to charities - this solves your lack of compassion towards those in this world who needs help.

That was ez.

3 Likes

Most of you don’t even give charity to begin with…

Not really saying, it’s more a statement of fact, fact is that we have no idea what , if any , Blizzard or Bobby is donating to Doctors Without Borders. What we do know is that this charity drive is a net loss for them ( making the pet, the animations etc. for in game if we get to daisy - Bananas was already in game) in a very general way.

Blizzard has no financial gain from this, strictly goodwill.

Correct and that was how past charity drives were done. This one is different as it goes straight to the charity and each individual gets their own tax receipt.

yep, your level 9 Baby Ape.

Bananas is available to grab now if you want him.

you can collect him from the link in the banner at the top of the store:

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/family/world-of-warcraft

I didn’t think it was. And no, I didn’t donate. The amount of cash I set back for Charity I use in my own community. And I’m tapped out until mid-year.

convero?

and no, this is fake outrage.
people are being asked to donate.

you can choose to, or you can choose not to.

there is no pressure.

what you choose to do, is up to you.

why try to create drama, when there is none?

people are dying, and you want to deflect from the cause, by trying to get people up in arms over pixels.

3 Likes

I’m trying to understand any of the outrage here

Is it the pet? Or people want Blizzard to donate?

I don’t get what we’re complaining about here

Actually you might want to study sociology, history and economics and such a bit before assuming that.

i think the op is upset because they can’t land a job which gives amazing contractual bonuses.

1 Like

If you need your money then don’t donate to charity. Omg… what a concept, right?!

Companies don’t have to incentivize to get their customers to donate. It’s nice that they do.

Yes I also feel that CEOs are overpaid, but that’s totally irrelevant to the charity drive.

Stop trying to tie the two together?

How about you, instead of buying games and internet to ply said games donate all of that money to charity?

1 Like

That’s a good thing. Opens my mind about donating in this particular way. Generally I skip the goodies and donate on my own.

in my country they only steal from people

I’m trying to think of a situation in history you would be able to point at as an example here

in a sense yes. they should at least match what we make up to a point. i believe 1 donation they did with a capped price though of like 30k or something which was already stated.

i feel like if your going to run a donation you as a company need to at least participate as well. idk if they did or not im just saying. my company they run a lot of donations for the company itself as we have a lot of clients who are not as well off. they automatic will match what we donate or more.

I do, which is why I don’t submit my charitable actions for public approval and do not get pressured into charitable acts. What I do is nobody’s business, just as what you do is no business of mine. I do not feel pressured to participate in the MSF fundraiser and have not donated to it.

Citation on how it’s “fake outrage”? It’s just a convero taking place with opinions of a mixed variety. The more common usage i seen it is used to dismiss any sort of convero taking place because they just dislike it. Much like every other word in the dictionary here. My default position is have a dialog, and not just dismiss it.

There are very rare examples of what i consider fake outrage, and the more recent one was somebody claiming that the deeprun tram was taken out, and i checked both PTR and Live and those are still there. And i call it as that because they didn’t provide any evidence on it being removed and it’s essentially just “trust me”. But i digress.

Yes, it takes money to make those pets, but they will get the money back (not though charity, have to clarify that) on that, knowing Activision Blizzard.

Conversation.

I don’t agree with OP’s opinion on this, but i’m not calling it fake outrage just because i disagree with him. If i did that, i would be incorrect.

Correct.

Incorrect.

You seem to think pressure just only exists if you didn’t just donate, but it exists also for people who have an opinion on it that isn’t 100% praising it. No choice is without it’s consequence.

I would ask the same exact thing to those who find an issue with people’s neutral opinions.

In nowhere i’ve said or implied that this is more important then people dying. To assume that notion i’ve said is honestly a touch disgusting.

I understand the need to have the charity at all and i’m not against it at all, but isn’t my crux of the issue as i said time and time again, on what i don’t think is right to do is categorize people’s neutral opinions or questioning as something harmful. I just think it’s weird we have people saying “lol i love seeing all these people being mad over this and that” like it’s okay to do (even though their the same people who said it’s positive thing and instead of just ignoring the people who they think they are being mad or harmful, they engage) and yet turn around and categorize people’s opinions as such. In short, i have an issue with the social aspect of something, rather then the something itself.

As for the “pixels” bit, i assume you mean the pets?

Fair enough. You do you man.

Please stop.

The point is that history is a thousands of years old story of wealthy people not contributing to the societies that support them and then that usually ending in revolutions and previously-rich-people being beheaded and their castles burned. Egalitarian societies don’t tend to end in this head-choppingness.

People laughably say “Oh rich people owe you nothing” and completely ignore the massive supportive tissue of society and everyone else that allows these people to become rich. Jeff Bezos doesn’t become rich if he has to build a road to every one of his customer’s houses and build and fly his own aeroplanes to each city Amazon delivers to.

2 Likes

Please stop what? saying convero? I’l gladly do that one since i meant ‘conversation’.

I mean, they’re using their platform to raise donations. Seriously, who loses here?

We donate if we want to, we get to a certain amount, everyone gets free pets.

They get a tax write off.
We all get pets.
The charity gets an influx of donations it otherwise wouldn’t have seen.

You don’t like blizzard so much you don’t want to contribute to their tax write-off, nothing is stopping you from donating to the charities directly.

What are the other alternatives that would make you happier in this situation?

• Free pet for nothing? My, aren’t we entitled?
  • Pet on the pet store? Sure, they could do this and just say F* charity.
  • They donate directly to charities? How do you know they don’t already? I bet they contribute more than everyone in this thread.

Bottom line is if you preferred they provided this sloth pet any other way, all I’m seeing is “F* charity” from you. Plus, you’ll likely STILL get the pet for free even if you don’t donate.

Who loses here? This just seems like another petty reason to complain about Blizzard. And that’s coming from someone who has a lot of complaints lately.