Anyone else repudiate M+?

Pushing high keys definitely requires skill yes but I was just talking about the gearing part. Which is what most people are interested in.

1 Like

my bad dude
sorry about that

1 Like

Is it now wrong to feel fine about folks enjoying aspects of the game I do not?

1 Like

The weekly m+15 is just a new version of the badge gear. M+ is already subservient to raiding. The entire reward system is designed so that raiders can use it, but it doesn’t give the best rewards, those are exclusively from the end-wing raid bosses.

People decrying the ease of the weekly 15 are quick to point out how much they loved badge gear from soloable dungeons in expansions past.

There’s no reason to want to end m+. You can not like something and not want it removed from the face of the earth. I don’t like buff trust fund dudes buying out VIP lounges, doesn’t mean they don’t deserve to exist. Given the popularity, there’s every reason to expand on m+ until it CAN stand on its own feet a separate pillar of endgame from raiding and pvp. It takes a different set of skills. It’s built for a different crowd.

The hangup, much like in pvp, is that raiders have a certain sense of entitlement about their power, and any encroachment on that power is seen as a threat. Badge gear, remember, was one. “Welfare gear” was the moniker back then. “Undeserved” power. 10 man raids, and eventually varying difficulties and even LFR all fell into this boat too, raiders have hated all of it from the beginning. The entire reason resilience existed was to keep pvp gear from being BiS in PvE, after the Grand Marshal scandals.

Personally, I think you should be able to get a wide range of gear from all 3 modes. Less structure, so people can play what they want and be rewarded according to their mastery of the content.

I don’t think raiding should be held up on a pedestal anymore. It’s a relic. Lots of people still like it, for sure, no reason to remove it. But, it’s not the American Gas and Oil companies. The subsidies can be pulled, it can stand on its own.

If we go the route or every game mode having mode-specific gear, then raids shouldn’t be exempt from it. Let’s have “raid power” and gear with “item level X, X+13 in Raid instances”, and do it to all 3.

Parity is important. A universal endgame currency to buy Universal Gear from a vendor (gear used in all 3 modes) could help bridge the gap for people who are trying to push a single stat or play multiple modes.

Parity. Equality. And Unity. Gear for all would be my preference, but gear for none is fair if not.

I kind of agree. There’s way too many people that feel compelled to do content that is beyond their skill level since there really aren’t many alternatives to gearing which is a core gameplay loop of RPGs. Yes, there is WQ gear but that doesn’t provide sustainable endgame content for very long.

There are plenty of people who max out at 10s, 7s, even 5s and I think many of the people who claim to hate mythic+ wouldn’t if they could play whatever key level is appropriate for their skill and continue to progress their character. I don’t know what the solution is, but I wouldn’t be against allowing people to continue to upgrade their gear playing at even a very low level if it just took longer.

The problem is the current system just hard gates people from progressing their character if they can’t meet certain thresholds of skill. Yes, I think the thresholds are reasonable, but there are a huge number of people who find 15s way beyond their skill level.

3 Likes

Mythic+ has gone way downhill since the days of legion when it peaked.

1 Like

I didn’t play much legion and don’t remember anything about it, but I hear people say that mythic+ in legion was extremely easy. Everyone has their preferences, but anything too easy gets boring for a lot of people quickly.

It was “easy” in the sense that back when k
Mythic+ launched it was brought into the old dungeon designs back when dungeons didn’t take forever to get through and are unnecessarily packed full of mobs like today, though that did start at the end of legion with the first dungeon designed for mythic+ came out and then it’s been downhill since. Some of those boss fights from back then we’re more difficult than a lot of the boss fights now in mythic+ too.

Do m+ until you reach spammable ilvl cap/get the fomo. After that just do bare minimum weekly stuff to compensate for you not doing mythic raid/2400+ pvp.

I hate M+ too. To me its not fun to play the same dungeons over and over that get harder and hader. Not my type of gameplay. Raiding hard enough for me to slog though but that usually more then 4 people so it more fun with the chit chat and stuff like that.

2 Likes

M+ is the content I prefer to do the most. Without mythic plus, I would only really have fun 2 nights for 3 hours in raid

M+ is easily one of the best things Blizzard could have introduced as an alternative gearing method when more and more of this community proves that they want to do things with less people.

2 Likes

Its nice to have something to do that awards decent gear that doesn’t involve dedicated raid times each week.

2 Likes

To clarify this - we are not a CE group. Just casual Mythic. Killing a few bosses as far as we get and that’s it. And it’s also expected in other more casual groups, so that’s a bit of a problem then.

1 Like

For me, m+ is the only content worth doing. Every other content I might do fuels me for m+. I used to like raiding but honestly with their refusal to modernize raid sizes , raiding is horrible now.

M+ has definitely been in a bad state for a bit though. Last season had a terrible affix rotation, this expansion doesn’t have nearly enough dungeons and explosives still exists

I liked it early in legion as a dps, when i came back at the end of bfa i was just meh about it

I’m less tolerant now to sweatyness like popping meta before the key is in and screeching like its the end of the world if they don’t get their cd reset. Idk i just can’t with that type of attitude with min maxing keys anymore

1 Like

nah i hate the whole system too. The whole thing is designed to generate competition in a cooperative game. It is a counter point to what wow had always been before it came along. We had PvP but that was its own thing and had always been kept sperate enough from pve that the 2 didnt really meet, M+ has reached its seedy little paws into everything and made speed running repeated content over and over the main form of gearing.

6 Likes

I hate M+ Only slightly less than raiding and rated pvp. It is the least objectionable path left to me to continue gear progression and maybe, eventually be able to do what I really prefer to do in wow; spam unrated random bgs and world pvp, so I recently started doing them a bit but I always feel…. unclean afterwords.

2 Likes

Good thing fun is subjective.

Um, this is entirely false. You can get tier gear from any content outside of raiding.

1 Like