Anyone else repudiate M+?

I velociraptor them too. See I can use big words, Sure they don’t make sense but I can use them

Isn’t raids the only way to get max ilvl gear though?

Lmao , awesome post

1 Like

I don’t do them
I love to be wrong I guess

2 Likes

Sure, and those players who do not understand that are jerks, plain and simple. It sucks that guilds do that to people, probably one of main reasons I have never been a dedicated guild raider. Some of the stories I hear of that nonsense just sounds unhealthy.

However, if you are part of a CE raid team who does this… professionally or competitively, then sure, the expectation to do stuff you don’t “like” doing is totally fair imo.

I do think that raiding gears people way too slowly compared to M+ and there should be some solution to do that. Maybe raid specific tokens/badges that can be accumulated to purchase gear so it doesn’t feel punishing to raid for a week and get nada.

1 Like

Maybe. In week 1. Now here we are in week 3 and M+ players have one chance at an upgrade every week from now until the end of season 3, meanwhile every week raiders can snatch more and more as they trade gear around their 20-man-deep gear depot until they decide to start extending.

1 Like

I despise it. It goes against everything an MMORPG stands for to have timed stuff like that. It’s literally taking Diablo 3 greater rifts and applying them to a MMO.

On top of that it encourages the absolute most despicable behavior from people and people are okay with and justify it.

IMHO m+ has almost singlehandedly destroyed the game by turning it 180 from what it was before it was introduced. It’s the primary reason to my why the game has declined xo much, and the attitude people have towards it is indicative of why the player base is completely out of touch with the game now.

The entire game has been tainted and corrupted by it as a system and the fact so many people say it’s great kind of shows how far the game has fallen from its roots. These people would be laughed at years ago

9 Likes

well… there is pvp. if you do good in that you will gear up faster than any other game mode, short of buying off entire guilds to trade you raid loot.

What do you hate about it? I feel like a lot of the complaints are about the timer, but I’ve been +3ing keys with plenty of time to spare.

If I had to make my best guess about why people dislike it, it’s because they try to do keys past their skill level and get frustrated. I’m not saying that you in particular are that way but when I see people complain about timers, I just assume they aren’t doing enough damage and are doing a key that is too difficult for them.

1 Like

Same, what else is there really to do for gear thats worth your time when you’re raid locked.

If M+ didn’t exist I wouldn’t be subbed. No way I’m paying $15/month to raid log.

3 Likes

According to who, exactly?

tell me you dont do m+ without telling me you dont do m+

2 Likes

I’m not sure if u will read this but we cann do some casual M+ together, I am healer on my main. Let me know if ur interested :hugs:

2 Likes

This is 100% false my guy

1 Like

Affixes seem too artificial for an RPG, even if it is an MMO. Just make the mechanics more meaningful rather than spitting up a bunch of half baked ones that spawn on a timer. Feels lazy and less immersive than they should be. They are a mobile game gimmick that should have no place in an mmorpg.

Community gate keeping = time gating. Blizz asked us to do it to ourselves, then adds a couple extra layers on top. One or the other is expected, both together just kind of kills wanting to push harder than I have reasonable time for.

4 Likes

Hey I see that you heal super high keys. I often list my own groups for mythic+. I struggle to heal even +12s so I feel very intimidated doing a 15. My ilvl is 250 btw. Can u offer me some tips if you have any to share?

It’s the timer for me. That makes it blatantly a GOGOGO type situation. It’s so they can make instances into E-sports.

I enjoy long, sprawled out dungeon crawls.

There’s a large reason why I’ve been preoccupied with

DEEP ROCK GALACTIC

and not this game.

ROCK AND STONE!

7 Likes

Even Torghast as of 9.1 was also transformed to M+ design, with the timer added and the affix-like torments.

M+ is blatantly artificial. You can just add affixes and timers to any content to make it harder. And as a caster, affixes are certainly annoying because you have to cancel so many casts to move or change targets.

4 Likes

Mythic Keystones are my favorite activity in the game, I just hate how Blizzard makes some specs overwhelmingly better than others and doesn’t even attempt to fix the specs that have been garbage for multiple seasons in a row. I spend far more time posting on the forums while being declined to every single group listed than I actually spend playing the game

1 Like

I put an edit for you