Anyone else pumped for the LotR tv series coming?

as well as in videogames and comics, it is disappointing, we do not know if it is Copyright or DMCA problems but really what I know is the selfishness and arrogance of the producers in considering that their product is original knowing that they are only interpreting it in another format, doing be different and upset the image in which we saw the original format.

Something like that, we already see that it will always be the worst, like how many times Adam West said that he was never Batman, but pure West.

or

and that’s why they don’t respect those DEAD people for how great they made a work that cultivated other works coming like Star Wars, Record of Loddoss War and D&D, without forgetting that Warcraft has this reference more than Warhammer.

but there is another way, do not appropriate the original format of the work, knowing that the wealth of African culture is vast and beautiful instead of appropriating another culture that they are not, and will be part of them, not even as a reason for revenge in case of emergency from this thread.

Knowing how to change it, not forcing it, and also that the internet annoys us all, one reason why Will Smith had no problem playing the blonde Agent J, and James West from the Wild Wild West series, no matter how bad the movie adaptation was .

You already know that a lot, the problem is that other Afro-descendant actors can’t do that, because of life as the character he plays, the selfishness and arrogance he has as an actor is revealed inside.

and Tolkien was a conservationist for his Catholic faith, but he was not a racist, knowing that in Tolkien’s books there was talk of a nomadic tribe of that color that helped a lot in the history of the diversity of Middle Earth.

But Amazon doesn’t give a damn, let’s put a black man with glued-on elf ears as a geeky nerd and we have diversity while Bezos happily has his Game of thrones 2.0 in your streaming.

I’m not going to get tired of repeating, I care about their ignorance, they only care about the stupid trend.

Anything substantial besides the usual complaint of brown elves/dwarves?

I can’t think of anything in the teaser trailer that screams “this directly contradicts existing lore”.

Yes, it just occurs much later in the story, at the end of The Scouring Of The Shire. Wormtongue then gets shot full of arrows by Hobbit archers. So same result, just different location and timing.

1 Like

Sadly, if GoT were to be made today, it would go further woke than it did in the last few seasons.

Only one more season of Saul, but I guess it’s all good man.

Fortunately, GoT leaves much to be desired, and incidentally takes advantage of inclusivity and diversity, which the new HBO series would be worth seeing with House of the Dragon, unlike a forced version of Bezos’s whim.

well, it’s makes me a count in this thread realize that every time I say in this thread that this LotR series is a Game of Thrones 2.0 for your Bezos whim because I already told you that I will not get tired of saying that.

They did WoT dirty in only eight episodes, do you think they can finish off LoTR in a seven episode season 1?

1 Like

If by finish, you mean completely destroy the soul of the world and setting, oh yeah, one episode is enough. Seven is plenty to drive a stake into the heart of any modern Tolken reboot lol.

When I was young, I always imagined Tolkien’s elves as if they were ancestors of Native Americans. After all they were always talking about sailing back home to lands across the sea from the proto-Europe that is Middle Earth.

Given that LotR is written as if an attempt by Tolkien-the-academic to stitch together his own interpretation of an epic tale from discovered ancient documents that were often retellings of even older documents passed down from accounts where were biased narrators in the first place, I just assumed that any descriptions in the books were deliberately unreliable.

Aiming too high, and ignoring the community, I think we already have reasons that your pride will lead to your downfall. Probably his wars scenes like those of Peter Jackson do not fail them, but he is bragging a lot before being seen to the public, which is like a kind of spoiler when you do not agree on how your public thinks about what they ask for from your series. Thing that what they have shown in the trailer and in their new characters would be like the beginning of a disappointment when the series premieres on streaming.

yeah… but he’s not racists, this are good.

I know the reaction in the press has been to dismiss such complaints as racism, but if it is substantial and deserving of a tidal wave of outcry that any character created and represented originally as non-white is cast as white, why is it not substantial when the reverse is true?

2 Likes

Not really. Looks like Amazon is doing to LotR what Netflix did to the Witcher season 2.

Essentially using the world and names to create a CW fanfic.

2 Likes

I never thought that for a moment. Tolkien is precise and deep in his detail, almost to a fault at times.

1 Like

Because usually the other is a result of racism, or white-washing, while the inverse isn’t demonstrably proven in such cases and the other is. Go sip your juicebox, I guess. :3

If you don’t like what they’re doing to the TV series then I wonder why you’re playing WoW which doesn’t have any of the original writers working on it and writing anymore? Don’t see tons of threads from you folk about that, or about any of the other changes in the game that are not ‘true to source material’ and got retconned.

1 Like

It’s the same when the trend on Twitter #shutupgringo2022 was made again because a Japanese artist made an anime version of the movie Encanto, after learning that there were no white Latinos an Afro-descendant woman was crazy to hear that news, thing that made me know a reason in the rivalry between Latinos vs Afro-descendants in prison in the 1974 movie Blood Brothers thing that Latinos and Japanese came together to shut her up.

I could give a story that many forget that we are already a mixture of races, miscegenation and the Creole race, but it will change the thread.

What I want to say is that it’s a shame, as I already said, that they don’t go beyond black and white in American movies.

Such is the case of this actor as an elf who is actually Puerto Rican but they looked for an Afro-descendant actor to be any Latino brown actor, or in the case that it was with Vigo Mortensen or Pedro Pascal.

Except Rings of Power hasn’t changed an established character from white to brown. They’ve created new original characters.

“Usually” as in Source: Trust me bro? Or as in “I believe it, because I want to believe it”? You’re making stuff up to fit your broken narrative. If you wanted equality, you’d be opposed to white-washing, black-washing or whatever form of it. Or are some more equal than others in your opinion?

Maybe because WoW writing has been mostly crap and comparing it to Tolkien’s brilliance is an insult in and of itself?

( I have a lot of respect for people who like to meticulously understand Tolkien’s work as he wrote it - and am in awe of Christopher Tolkien’s life work curating his father’s legacy - but I’m not a purist myself. I prefer to read Tolkien’s work with my own imagination engaged, constantly looking for alternative interpretations of what Tolkien “translated” as if I too had a collection of scrolls and texts, a few of which perhaps he did not )

The only thing I’ve heard about the show that intrigues me is Lenny Henry as a Hobbit.

They’re going to take someone who, at 6’2" is taller than every actor in the Company of the Ring in the LOTR movies - plus Martin Freeman and Ian Holm - and make him a hobbit.

1 Like

I truly cannot tell whether you’re trolling at this point or you’re just that unbelievably dull.

1 Like