Anyone else pumped for the LotR tv series coming?

The actress playing the main character reminds me of the same actress who played Alice from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland.

So, not interested.

I’m more interested in Jurassic World Dominion simply because of how stupid the premise is. It’s mind blowing what people throw onto a screen and expect it to be taken seriously.

Not really, since I’ve yet to see a bit of fanfiction that wasn’t terrible.

Congratulations, you got people to complain about a Black Elf or Dwarf. Really, that crowd deserves less than nothing and should stay mad.

2 Likes

Good point.

I am cautiously excited, trying not to get my hopes up too much. I did like what I saw in the teaser trailer, however. The costume design is excellent, and I like all the casting (even Elrond is growing on me). Also, can’t go wrong with Howard Shore doing the music. I’ve spent quite a lot of time the past week going over the teaser trailer and trying to pick out what info I can from the glimpses we see.

Except it is and is required to be by the Tolkien estate.

I can’t say that I’m pumped. The original movies/tv series (latter 70s) were a disappointment (although I did like the orc song, Where there’s a Whip, There’s a Way). Peter Jackson’s movies were better but I didn’t see the point of those places where they diverged from the original tale although I accept that Hollywood usually can’t leave a good story alone.

I had hopes for the tv series of The Watch (based on Terry Pratchett’s Discworld) but when I saw what they did, it was ruined for me. Since this story takes place in the Second Age and there is less written about that time, they have more leeway to create their subplots and love interests. I imagine it will end in the last alliance of elves and men assuming it runs for the full five seasons.

People are already confused that certain characters from the main books are younger and dressed differently. Lol. People get confused by weird things.

1 Like

Why this series is going to fail is because it’s going to be chock full of Moral Relativism because Hollywood can’t help themselves, despite the fact that Tolkien was very very clear about his disdain for Moral Relativism. Like, this is common knowledge to anyone with just a passing familiarity with the guy.

6 Likes

They kind of done Wheel of Time dirty, they are going to do LoTR dirty too.

3 Likes

It will be disappointing, many have changed, and they are taking advantage of the fact that Tolkien’s son’s jealousy no longer exists.

What’s more, it’s just Bezos’s whim to have his own Game of Thrones 2.0.

In the end, his promises are to lie, brag, lie, brag, and keep lying.

Do not trust even if it is the prequel where Sauron Corrupts the elves to make the Rings of Power, we still do not know that they will make the same mistake as the Hobbit in adding absurd fillers without being loyally based on the book material as every fan has wanted to see , like what Peter Jackson did little, but enough to bring Tolkien glory.

Nicely said.

The world puts to much time in to filtering things through lens with these absurd perceptions/assumptions of people and ironically I find these types of lens to be rooted in the very perceptions/assumptions it claims to be against.

Its nonsense imo.

I want to watch something interesting and immersive and when real life and topics that have been politicized start being implemented, especially in a universe like these…it just loses appeal for me.

Nevermind what others suggest about changes to story etc.

3 Likes

:cry: They butchered Wheel of Time. I tried to give the first season a chance. I probably won’t be bothering to watch the second season. They already had to drop one of the main cast members before the end of the season and recast him.

2 Likes

Isnt faithful to what source material?

Arthas in Warcraft 3?

Meh.

Meh.

Probably will.

2 Likes

After Shannara and Wheel of Time, no faith.

4 Likes

Wasn’t playable and had a completely different process to being made, and of course was under control weren’t they? :3 Not a member of both factions, etc.

There is zero reason to get upset over newly created characters. The show is set in the Second Age. There is very little written about the Second Age save for very broad brush strokes - and this is honestly a good thing. The Tolkien estate is working with and approving every decision regarding lore, and Amazon is required to not contradict any established lore. They absolutely have to create new characters and stories, however. That’s part of the appeal of writing in the Second Age. They have an established world, a broad overarching plot, and then a lot of room to play in.

1 Like

Yup, certainly interested, i am big into Viking aswell and they got a sequel on netflix soon.

Nandor elfs, But the fact that USA as dogs, they do not see beyond a gray color that is between black or White instead of another color of skin.

It is disappointing to see one more example of the racism of these companies, knowing that Tolkien spoke of Afro-descendant human heroes who have served to support each story of this author, and it would be a good time to represent them correctly, which he is not doing adequately.

And let’s not forget Disa, something that contradicts Tolkien’s books, that we will not talk about women with beards, because Aloy was already controversial in Horizon Forbidden West because she had some cat hair, the feminist community was already furious, Greta fans

And worse has nothing to do with the origin of the color coming from the heat exposed in Africa, to a race that came in caves, even though it is close to lava, and that would be like Warcraft the Ironforge dwarfs or it would be brown, something that once can’t get beyond relevant Hollywood.

You are right, but you are not doing it arbitrarily either, it is like what I explained above to another of the comments, Tolkien was not stupid, nor was he racist, he was only a conservationist because of his Catholic faith, he was not an idiot to leave in Clear.

But if there were some things that he did not leave, like the long hair of the elves, something that only became fashionable in the role games in the D&D board games box in the 80’s, but he did not say that there was only black and white as always only They care about being in trend, the stupid progress that doesn’t care more than being in trend.

It is like saying the original color of a Nelfs is black, knowing that he has a somewhat greenish color in the forest, but no, you will only see that he is only black or white, like the eyes of dogs, pathetic.

Ah I see what you are doing. Fair enough. Clever. =). I dont think I ever thought about that.