Anyone else not getting Brann XP?

Is that the case though? I assumed that it would “remember” where you left off until reset or if you do a lower bountiful, in which case it does reset. I guess you could probably do a t8 bountiful, not finish, then drop down to a t7, etc, but that seems like an awful lot of fuss. The again, the sweatiest players would do it lol

Bran can reach level 60? Bro is going to be a raid boss.

i mentioned to my buddy yesterday about how to level brann, she had him at 15 forever and didnt know how to make him higher and as soon as i told her bliz said you get xps from bountiful delvs she only did those (at tier 1 - she plays a mage and feels she cant do higher than tier 1s) and got bran to level 17 now in only 1 day of doing all the bountifuls at tier 1

1 Like

People will get bored of the grind/gating way before that.

my Brann stopped today getting XP at level 38 — the icon does not appear on Bountiful Delves level 8 either. There has been no communication regarding any “soft stops” or capping. Can we get more clarification on this one please?

2 Likes

Mine just stopped getting XP at 34

2 Likes

OK, I guess I am not being clear about what is happening. Many of my friends and I can only go up to a level 4 delve. So each of us tried multiple bountiful level 4 delves and got absolutely NO XP for Brann.

Once again, none of us can do any delve higher than level 4. We’ve done all the bountiful level 4 delves we had, so there is nothing left for us to try.

The system is broken!

P.S. What is the point of bountiful delves, All we got was a bit more gold and nothing else. Is that all there is to them?

3 Likes

I hear you and i am having this issue as well i have done multiple bountiful delves even on different characters and bran will not go past level 15 the blue post in this thread says nothing about their being a tier requirement for brann xp but something is stopping me from progressing him at all.

1 Like

Not even getting experience in Bountiful Delves now. Brann hasn’t progressed at all above level 16.

1 Like

When I saw some changes to currencies and friendship reputation for Brann on the PTR (the latter suggesting that the required XP for each level will go or already went up by a lot), I realized that we already have a weekly XP cap, but not as a number, but instead as a maximum of 28 completed Bountiful Delves on your Warband.

That’s why people end up on different levels before it stops. Some did more higher-tier delves while completing these 28 Bountiful Delves with all their characters.

Here’s a script that returns the remaining Delves 'til XP-cap:

/run print(C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(3142).maxQuantity-C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(3142).quantity.." Bountiful Delves with Brann XP remaining.")
1 Like

I’ve completed 3 bountiful delves this week across all my characters. In fact, I’ve only done bountiful delves on this character here as a guardian druid. Still not gaining experience on Brann. He is about halfway through level 16.

Dont worry they’ll pop in next week claiming this was always intended and the tooltip will be updated to reflect.

1 Like

Doesn’t really help me play the game though. Brann is pretty much a worthless appendage at level 16. All he does is get in the way when I try to click on things.

Oh well… See people after weekly reset. Nothing to do here.

1 Like

Should have made this clear in the first place. Bliz you need to fix your tooltips and explanations. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to go a third website to find out what exactly was required by your “explanation” in the actual tooltip of the quest box.

3 Likes

just to reiterate - this remains extra terrible for the casual solo audience delve is clearly supposed to be for.

it’s normal terrible for anybody else who isn’t doing all their bountiful delves every day since it makes delves feel like a chore to get brann up… I feel like blizzard should understand designing chores at this point since choreghast was literally a coined term in shadowlands.

change it.

2 Likes

“Done” means you completed them before your death counter went to zero? You saw the Bountiful Coffer?

Yes… Done means I completed them with revives left. System seemed fine on Tuesday. I was able to run my tier 4 and tier 5 delves without issue. Both Bountiful. Can’t run those levels now, I just get beat to death in seconds. So switched down to level up Brann. No experience.

There is no way that I’ll be able to run all 4 bountiful delves every single day either so…

Then I would report that. There’s no reason why your companion should not get XP.
I wouldn’t judge on Tier itself, afaik we didn’t see adjustments to make solo-delves harder (that would be hilarious). Maybe the creatures in the actual delves are just different with more casts or whatever. Maybe some of your completed delve(-themes) come back soon so you have a real comparison.

This was supposed to be part of their claim to creating evergreen content. Just another blizz bait and switch.

You know season 2 delve helper will start at level 1. That’s NOT evergreen content, That’s the same bs we’ve been putting up with for over a decade. Reset the game and repeat the exact activity with what is now resest every season instead of every xpac.

1 Like

Yup Destiny did the same thing too many times and now their playerbase morale is in the dumps and their reaction to the new content being talked about is… lukewarm at best