Anyone else not getting Brann XP?

So I just tested this

This is also not true/vague
Brann does not receive any exp from bountiful delves on tier 1/2/3

You are required to do bountiful delves on tiers 4+

Meaning you can’t even run the easy tiers to level him up

Further restricting progression.

If it is going to be restricted to only bountiful delves, at least make it all bountiful delve tiers.

6 Likes

To annoy the players.

2 Likes

Brann requires so much exp to level from 15 and higher that you could do that for hours and won’t make much of a dent in it.

So, I was fighting in 1 of those candle Delves and died near the respawn thing which wasn’t fully cleared and now my character is stuck in a death loop because every time I respawn an NPC starts to beat the snot out of me.

About to offer an account with 9 million gold to anyone because I am so done with this game. The lack of communication in game, the people telling people to “get gud” and putting down players and don’t care if you have disability’s because it’s a skill issue.

2 Likes

I also don’t understand if you have to run a specific tier of bountiful too. I tried one this morning, a tier 2, for a bountiful - Brann got zero xp.

1 Like

if they are going to make it so only bountiful give XP they need to make them spawn more all day instead of daily

1 Like

The massive chunk at the end is (at level 16, at least) almost an entire level worth of exp for killing the boss. Farm pots might work, but even killing all the way to a boss and getting all the pots might be worth 10% of a level. I just did a Tier 7 (Lamplighter) Earthcrawl Mines. All the experience up to the boss was about 3k (10%), but the boss kill (which took some attempts be I am pushing difficulty I shouldn’t be comfortable in yet) gave 32400 experience, which is almost worth at entire level. It might actually be worth 15-16 and it’s going to be worth less % for each level beyond that. We could see levels requiring 100ks later one, so it’d take 3 bountifuls to fill. No biggie.

Someone could go into a bountiful delve as high as they have unlocked and clear the front rooms and hope for pots, but time would be better be spent trying to pursue better gear outside and coming back.

Do what you can handle. Got get better gear, then come back and do something harder. If it’s still too hard, push through anyway, or go get better gear, maybe switch talents to be more defensive.

1 Like

I have not tried a level 6 yet. Level 5 was tough for me as Guardian Druid. A couple of times I had to switch over to Balance so I could dot and run and throw my treants at the boss.

Been running several Tier 5/6s, and Brann is up to 20 as of today. So the XP has come back, be sure you’re opening the small treasures along the way as well for extra XP tokens

1 Like

I completed the 6 on my Beast Master hunter, which is even less geared than my Enhancement Shaman, but on the tier 7 I was clearing near the respawn point and got killed then got stuck in a death loop. Finally got out of that loop and worked my way to the final boss and could not heal/dps or dps/dps it and quit, 17 deaths in 1 Delve.

Yeah, I definitely feel like this was a poor decision. I can understand wanting to keep players active, but with how much exp that’s required to level after 15, there needs to be more sources for it. Taking it away from lower difficulties doesn’t help anyone.

? the streamers are not even using brann, they’re 5 manning delves so their brann level is irrelevant.

That being said this is fine to be honest…

I could of phrased it better that particular comment wasnt just about Delves but how they gear the overall game

And?

You gotta be good for group content. You can have the best gear but wont matter if you aren’t halfway decent.

Well most group content. With friends / guildies if yall play to have fun it’s w/e. Competing in top raid slots ive seen some folks with high gear just not be good at thier class / role.

Also delves can be ran as a group if a person wants to.

1 Like

i agree with you. i was just pointing out that “it’s solo content so it doesn’t matter how amazing the gear rewards are” doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Understood. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m curious how difficulty factors into the exp that Brann receives, if it does at all. Someone mentioned not getting anything from a tier 2 bountiful, but tier 2 is also below the seasonal entry point of 4, so maybe you have to do at least a tier 4 to get experience past level 15? And then whether or not that increases as tier increases and by how much. Might be ‘optimal’ to just run tier 4s for Brann, aside from whatever you’re running for gear.

I hope you feel extremely silly, with this seething REEE prior to having all the facts?

It’s funny because Brann flies up the levels in Bountifuls. Mine’s lvl 22 now and I still have 1 more to do. People here are so quick to get mad at anything they can.

I think it would have helped if Blizzard would have clarified initially. “We’re disabling exp in normal delves after rank 15” could have been followed with something like “However, experience gains will be much higher in bountiful delves”. Letting people down gently helps. Announcing what is perceived as a nerf and giving nothing else in the way of information was just asking for drama.

1 Like