Anyone else drop wow forDT?

For me that was never one of the strong points of FF XIV. They basically just rehashed the same story they’ve been telling since the first Final Fantasy, which is basically what they do for every game.

haven’t tried it sense season 2. Did they fix endgame?

At 90… well now 100 most jobs play pretty fast paced. It’s all about those Ogcds baby.

For the most part, yeah, actually. Not perfect by any means, but I think they’ve found their stride for now.

I started playing FF14 when it came out, on console. I didnt like the controls or how different the map was. So I stopped playing, canceled the account. Then bought
the PC version and made a new account to play with my brother. We played together
on PC for quite awhile before we decided to stop for awhile.

Last year, I decided to startup my account and play some more.
I downloaded the game again, payed for a six month sub, found my account
with the name of the character I played on the PC version and tried to log in.
It told me I didnt have a license.

I got in contact with support, and they proceeded to tell me that BOTH
accounts I have are on PS4 only and can not be played on PC.
Which was a bold faced lie. They ended it with telling me all I can do is buy
the game AGAIN for PC and start another account.

I did not buy the game for PS4 a second time as they were claiming.
Even if i activated the wrong account ( which i didnt) both accounts were
never on PS4. One of them was on PC that I had played on PC for a long while.

I will never touch the game again.

I’ll never understand grudges like that. Could be a great game but CS sucking it was got you? If CS sucking made me not play a game I’d be gone from wow long ago.

Honestly, FFXIV isn’t a game that can afford a middling story. The way it plays out is like a visual novel with an occasional short break to kill something. If the story isn’t memorable, there’s no point. Sad to hear the story isn’t getting good reviews, given I also didn’t like Endwalker’s story.

Starting to feel like Shadowbringers might be peak FFXIV.

Of course that’s just based on this comment, I haven’t tried Dawntrail yet, and don’t figure I will until after TWW drops and the initial couple months are over.

Which story gets rehashed again? :hushed:

1 Like

It’s done so twice and survived just fine. ARR and Stormblood are both dogsh-water and this one’s middling.

People are quick to draw lines and make an alarm of anything, but I don’t easily buy into these things.

And tbf, Shadowbringers IS peak FFXIV. That’s fine. WotLK is peak WoW, and it’s still (relatively) surviving as well. I’d say FFXIV has more future potential than WoW does, some of what Blizzard’s done is irreparable.

Also I apologize if I come off a bit hostile, I’m kind of sick of talking about FFXIV like a specimen in a cage today.

The story of John Fantasy and his final crusade against evil.

1 Like

It NEEDED a mid story be cause it can’t keep being the best storye very time people expectations would be impossible. It needed a soft reset, a new arr.

Awww, someone was critical of FF 14, so Sabbia needs to be rude.

It’s just a game, bud.

How is that rude? It’s a joke lol.

You ok? Did you not get enough hugs growing up or something?

If we really want to have a discussion about FF, we can talk about how incredibly boring and cliched it is. That’d be a fun talk, yeah? Or how they emulated World of Warcraft and made an objectively worse product. Or how that game is all downhill from here, that its heyday is well behind it.

I mean you can have all the discussion you want with yourself, no one is stopping you. You were so triggered by a joke that you thought someone was specifically targeting your stupid comment lol.

You responded to my comment, so it was targeted, by definition.

Here’s a question, why do you feel like you have to defend FF 14 on the WoW forums?

You might want to check again.

I’m not? Is there a John Fantasy in FF14 that I’m unaware of?

Clearly you never played, and if you did you didn’t get past arr.

Subjectively worse. You find it worse but there is nothing objective about it being “worse”.

Unlike WoW right?

Sure, yeah. What about it is boring and cliched exactly? You say they rehash the same story in it that they do in all the other games. What story’s that? :open_mouth:

I have never had a problem with blizzard CS. I havnt had any reason to even contact
Blizzard CS in years. If they ever did something like FF14 CS did. I would be gone
from WoW as well.

I responded to Barrison, and then you responded to me. You can see who is responding to each other, it’s showcased with an icon within each post.

Yeah, the “A Critial Look at Dawntrail” thread exists and says otherwise.

I did play, I started on launch and have had several max level character over the years. I understand how their questing and reward systems work. I’ve even advocated for Blizzard to emulate their Materia system and sort-of retrofit it into the Gem system, which kind of has happened over the years. This is also probably what spurred on talks about professions being overhauled, which they later were.

I have quite a bit of experience with the game, and I am not incredibly impressed with it. Which, is probably why I’m still subbed to WoW and not to FF.

WoW is substantially older and still has higher sub numbers than FF14. WoW has also maintained substantial sub numbers and picked up players have a huge dip in the playerbase. So, not really like WoW at all.

No, numbers aren’t subjective.