Anyone else banned for getting 5k gold in the mail?

Title says it all. I was banned for getting 5k gold in the mail. Blizzard hit me the classic you bought gold, you botted, you did something blah blah blah, but it was just 5k getting moved from one account to another. I play on a new server and I know their gold buying/botting system is automated to look for these but when I played on Mankrik I moved gold between accounts ALL THE TIME with no issue. Is this just more common on low pop servers? I have of course opened a ticket but we all know how laughable the system is. And no, I didn’t buy any gold. They literally give you thousands from just leveling a character and I had a lot from farming in TBC. Just wanted to know if anyone else had this same problem and had any success in getting your accounts restored or even your tickets answered.

1 Like

Lmao. I moved exactly 5000g from my bank alt to my druid literally 3 minutes ago.

Guess I’ll report back if anything fun happens?

4 Likes

So 4999 is the limit. Got it.

15 Likes

Hmm, so 5k g is the lucky number huh, just trying to decide if it’s worth the cash as I’ve a few super obnoxious people on my ignore list, just make toon, name them “Goodgoldnow4u” send gold.

Joking aside, ticket times are stupid but I think they give appeals more priority and I have heard of people with similar issues as yours, tho, I never found out if they were able to sort things out in their favor.

Your best bet is posting in the customer support forum as this one is a tad bit toxic and you’ll likely be accused of being a gold buyer, a bit, a lot, constantly. The CS forum types will give you the rundown how posting on here does no good etc, but, from what I’ve seen, it’s the only way to get any blue responses for further information as to what to do?.

Best of luck to you, being wrongfully banned sucks.

2 Likes

Did you not buy gold this time or have you never bought gold?

4 Likes

First infraction on my accounts since I started playing in 2004.

1 Like

Weird. I mean 5k isn’t even a lot by Wotlk standards. Top tier Naxx items go for 50k atm… Seems odd they’d even flag for 5k anymore.

2 Likes

Never had this issue on Mankrik. Would literally get 10k+ GDKP payouts mailed and no issue. Move to a very low pop server and banhammer. I have multiple accounts and they only flagged the one which I dont understand and thought was very odd considering I mailed gold between four different accounts and only the one was hit. /shrug

Now I am not going to say I actually know how the automated ban/report system works. But from what I have seen of the automated system is more likely to flag players based on time played, both on the server and on the account.

This just is a measure so that when botters or gold sellers start up a new account, the system is trying to watch them like a hawk. If the amount of gold being moved is larger than what they expect for an account with that much time played then it triggers some kind of alert to either issue the ban, or (supposedly) flag it for review.

3 Likes

I’ve definitely moved more than 5000G between my two accounts, but never that much in a single transaction.

2 different accounts it’s going to get flagged. But moving gold to another alt on the same account will not get you flagged because I’ve moved 100k everyday between my alts.

2 Likes

Not similar but some random player mailed me 1,000 gold (pre-WotLK). I didn’t know what to do so I asked the forum and I asked Blizzard.

Not having received a clear “no” from Blizzard, I eventually scooped up the gold.

I was then suspended lol. Appeals unsuccessful. Live and learn.

3 Likes

Im just gonna say doubt X since I have literally done this all the time between accounts with different log ins and never been banned.

you bought gold… Its okay, see ya in 14 days friend.

5 Likes

I agree, i think he got banned because the sender was caught selling gold.

4 Likes

I heard “someone” say you’re supposed to use the auction house not the mailbox.

2 Likes

Guild bank and action house 100%

1 Like

it be an odd filter limit to have once the real raids fire up. I’d see ulduar/toc/icc being easy 5k per dividend payouts per raider really.

I got Perma banned back in OG wrath, I sold a TCG mount for some crazy amount of gold and they thought I’d gotten Susan on the case, opened a ticket told them and was unbanned, it took 3 days back then lol

Naxx gear is already at bonkers prices. Ulduar payouts will be insane.

Read between the lines. The whole post is odd :man_facepalming:t3: dudes guilty as hell and had to say something to get it off his chest.

4 Likes