Anyone caught in the Stratholme farming ban wave?

As they should be perma banned. 95% of them are supplying the gold to the buyers.

Oh NO! You leaked it! DELETE POST! DELETE POST!

1 Like

If u did the flask exploit. U got what u deserved.

For the strat thing more than likely they are doing more than “just killing mobs” to get banned.

If that is the case they got what they deserved. However since blizz doesn’t release this information it’s hard to assume guilt or innocense.

I’ve been farming Strat since I hit 70. Not banned. Sell boosts for there frequently too.

:man_shrugging:

Clearly this tells me that some people in there were doing something that I’m not.

1 Like

That’s why I always question the “I was banned, but i din do nuthin!”

1 Like

I’m betting it was some pathing exploit or some such thing. My pulls are pretty straightforward and I do all the trash between UD and Live side. So something outside that area has to have been involved.

Good Job Blizzard - you were able to ban paladins doing a legit farm that isn’t botted. But you still can’t figure out how to ban rogues in BRD that are botting.

1 Like

Are addons like dejunk that sell ur greys for u bannable since they technically violate the one keypress one action policy

And if not why not

No, they follow API rules.

Blizzard themselves breaks “one keypress, one action” with macros. It’s not black and white.

This. I’ve been banned 2 weeks ago and I got no clue why. All I was doing the day prior the ban was farming Strath for about 2 hours and it was also the day I started using my VPN again as my ISP was becoming unstable

The ban reason was Exploitative Activity: Unauthorized Cheat Programs (Hacks) and it was a permanent one too. This being an account of 13 years, then all of a sudden gone

All indicator points to my VPN as it was the only “program” that I used outside of the norm so all my Ban appeals are stating that I’m just using VPN. I didn’t even consider my Strath farm being one of the reason

Fast forward to 1 week after, it took me 6 tickets (5 web and 1 live chat) to overturn the ban. Live chat was also condescending to a point that I lost my faith in Blizzard support.

Now I’m reading that a lot more pallies are getting banned in reddit/ pally discord which makes me think maybe it was the farming in Strath that got me flagged in the first place. One example of honest pallies farming for gold that was mistakenly caught by their system

I used to think anyone fighting a ban or suspension were liars. After having it happen to me, it forced me to consider that not all bans or suspensions are valid.

4 Likes

Eh, it was likely the VPN, you suddenly started logging in from different places.

“I’m disabled, therefore I’m allowed to do illegal stuff” :rofl:

Likely had absolitely nothing at all to do with your farming and everything to do with you suddenly turning on a VPN. And since your ban did get overturned it seems the system is working?

I saw someone get banned for a VPN once that didn’t understand why they banned him when he was only “trying to connect from different countries to find a better connection”

Do people not realize how it looks from blizzards end?

Oh, so you “saw someone get banned”

Is that like watching someone get a ticketed by the police for driving too fast?

Who doesn’t watch that :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure being put through a customer service hellhole of frustration to the point where he’s lost faith in the company before he gets his account back is what I’d call “working”.

2 Likes

Sorry, but if he lost faith in the company, why is he still paying for a subscription?

2 Likes