Anyone caught in the Stratholme farming ban wave?

Well, you can lose faith in/not like a company but still enjoy the game /shrug.

2 Likes

At that point you’re either lying to yourself or you’re an addict.

1 Like

You think people having to try 6 times to get a wrongful ban overturned is a working system?

Yeesh.

5 Likes

You can enjoy a product while not liking the company.

Nestle is a horrible company, but I enjoy their products.

1 Like

TBF, from blizzards end it just looks like you got hacked (logging in from a place far away from your normal ip login), they need to get the correct info to prove you weren’t.

The problem is, the way they don’t tell you WHY they banned you can make it hard for you to give them the correct info.

Naturally. But your personal disposition about the company has zero weight at that point if you continue giving money to the people you hate.

2 Likes

I just don’t believe in giving up things you enjoy /shrug. Life’s too short for that crap.

Flask bans are temp bans. It can be 1 week, 3 months or 6, but not a complete account closure like the Strat paladins are getting. Full account closures are permanent bans. Only time you get this is if you broke TOS hardcore by being toxic, or doing RMT and botting.

It’s good to ban bots and RMT boosters, but it’s super obvious by just doing a bit of digging to see whos a legit player just boosting for gold to pass the time, and a RMT pally/mage boosting to sell the gold in increments of thousands in the mail or AH. Blizz can see where each character’s gold goes to, it’s just that it requires the 2 GMs working on Classic to do actual effort investigating and that’s no good.

Or this can be like the previous banwave where 1 add on or program is interacting with the client and the crappy anti-cheat flags it and autobans. Sometimes it works correctly like with people using botting programs or imorph, and sometimes it doesnt like when they accidentally banned people using a legitimate controller add on to play Classic because the add on interacted with a program outside of ClassicWoW (steamcontroller) to work.

Blizz realized this was a mistake, and told people to send in tickets with the mention of said add on and they would check and unban. I have a feeling this was a blanket ban due to VPNs. As a lot of these RMT boosters use VPNs to avoid the severe ping issues that they would have in their countries.

I reccomend if you do get wrongly banned and do have a VPN, Show blizzard proof of 1) why you used the VPN (bad internet, office work’s vpn…etc.) and 2) where you live (ID, Payment address) and just be honest.

Usually no.2 and confirming that you are who you are through ID and credit card info matching and you do live in the country you’re using the VPN in (ex: you live in the USA in VT, but use a VPN for Cali) clears it up as Blizz wants to ban people using a VPN ‘maliciously’ (ex: You live in Indonesia, and use a vpn in the USA to look like a US player.)

1 Like

Actually, most initial botting bans are only 6 months.

We’ve had a few acquaintances get banned for fishing bots lol. They changed policy a few years back.

Yeah.

I can forgive them for false flagging a VPN using account, but a working system would be petitioning an appeal and being told why you got banned for XYZ which gives the player the ability to better appeal their case and going through steps to prove innocence. And it shouldn’t take 6 tickets to get there, of which it sounds like just being told deal with it until they finally overturned it.

Anecodatly I can also point out I got forum suspended once that I appealed stating I didn’t even understand how what I posted was offensive and wanted explanation on what I did wrong. The response I got was just a generic throwaway response of “We’ve reviewed the ban and it will be upheld it”

So if that behavior is true for in-game bans (and I don’t know why it’d be different) then they can’t even bother to explain why they’re banning you anymore. Whether the ban was upheld or not I can’t even use it as a reference point for how I was offensive to the forum CoC.

They canned a lot of support staff, I’d guess 3/6 of those responses were probably automated form responses and 2/6 didn’t even know what the guy was talking about it. It’s like playing a lottery with blizzard GMS.

Case in point: I accidently DE’d a light’s justice (snaffu with a de keybind while trying to apply an oil)

I researched it a bit to see how to get it back, until yesterday DE’d items did not appear in the item restore due to a bug. In researching this it was very hit and miss as to people getting their items back, like 50/50.

Some GMs would do it, some wouldn’t, I got lucky and got it back.

If you’ve ever helped moderate any kind of server for any kind of game, and had to look over ban appeals… Yeah. You’re 100% correct. People will lie through their teeth and try to downplay what they did even when there’s clear cut evidence.

These people know Blizzard won’t provide evidence because if they provide evidence it gives the cheaters a glimpse into how Blizzard figures this stuff out behind the scenes and allows them to create better scripts.

So they get on Reddit and soak up some sympathy, score some Internet points.

That said, there might be some false positives in there, but likely a negligible amount…

3 Likes

Though they have provided some hilarious evidence at times when it comes to people lying about things they’ve said.

According to him, I suspect probably some hyperbole there. If he got 6 tickets responded to in 1 week that’s pretty good response time

1 Like

I haven’t been banned myself but now I’m scared of going to Strat to farm my gold for consumes.

My guildmate is in Stratholme for a couple hours every day. I go to Strat once in awhile and I use an addon called SpeedyAutoLoot along with a hotkey bound to my scroll wheel to loot 5 things a second. There’s hundreds of other Paladins in there doing the same thing right now.

You also don’t realize that hiding behind reductive logic won’t protect you or others from poor behavior.

2 Likes

Yea we’ve got a couple guildies who live there and are just fine. While false-positives certainly happen, I’d guess the majority of these were botters, not legit paladin farmers.

This community is wild.
Botters (allegedly) don’t get banned: “THIS IS A TRAVESTY!”
Botters get banned: “THIS IS A TRAVESTY!”

3 Likes

He gave you a specific number of tickets and further broke the tickets into how they were handled. I see no reason to doubt his statement other than doubting for the sake of doubting. If you have actual basis for why you would doubt him then explain it, but doubting for the sake of argument isn’t one. It’s just playing the devil’s advocate.

I mean it would break down to a ~24 hour turn around time, which is not awful, but there’s no way to polish the turd the way you appear to want to do so because if you can’t figure out that someone banned isn’t actually guilty within a ticket or two and maybe an escalation then your support system is garbage, the end.

Blizzard’s support system has gone to crap, likely through no fault of Blizzard specifically but upper management. Activision Blizzard has been slashing employees for the last few years and it doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to figure out that the positions cut are the ones not making them money. I don’t know if there are concrete numbers out there of where they have been cut, but I’ll happily bet you that it’s the support staff that has been hit the hardest.

1 Like

Where do these people even get their information from? Do YouTube and Twitch just start roasting everyone’s neural walnuts and they come in here, nostrils flaring?