Anyone caught in the Stratholme farming ban wave?

Correct. I think it’s part of their policy.

I lost both my legs in the war, but I made sure Blizzard doesn’t know about that so I don’t get banned. :joy:

3 Likes

when you have nowhere to go and nothing to do except play around on the computer or watch tv the condition becomes relevant.

1 Like

Look up Poe’s Law

I don’t farm in strat so I managed to avoid this one. It’s someone else’s turn to be abused by Blizzard then see first hand how horrendous their support is. I wonder, is everyone going to shamelessly defend Blizzard again and proudly wave the guilty before proven innocent flag here as well?

I said the same about clicking the flask forges which the quests actually tell you to use and are required to unlock more daily quests in the area. They literally committed entrapment with their own playerbase.

Edit: Decided to delete the unnecessary response to the dumb troll and just block instead. If you can’t remember what the topic is for a whole 5m nor be bothered to reread permanently displaying text; maybe forums aren’t for you.

1 Like

Nah, let’s just all assume everyone has good intentions (except Blizzard, of course) and isn’t exploiting the game and Blizzard just wrongfully hands out bans because their employees had nothing better to do at the time.

:rofl:

3 Likes

You only get banned for violating the EULA. The “condition” is completely irrelevant to whether or not one cheats or exploits.

1 Like

What are players doing in Stratholme to get banned?

For exploiting the game mechanics. Read the post, silly.

2 Likes

What are they exploiting?

If they’re permabanning people they probably suspect they’re involved in bot boosting since bots also sell boosts.

There used to be a time when I laughed at anyone claiming they were wrongly banned, but these days I don’t really trust Blizzard to properly vet bans.

2 Likes

The game’s mechanics.

2 Likes

Which mechanic?

That or they’re using third-party software to farm the dungeon on a regular basis.

2 Likes

It all sounds like a huge case of dindu nuffin.

2 Likes

Could be, regular players bot too, all I’m saying is I don’t really trust Blizzard to manage this stuff. All sources I read/listen to talk about how they are severely understaffed for this kind of stuff and that they don’t have the manpower. The fact is their team has been consistently been trimmed back.

As of recent I’ve seen ban-waves go out where players state they were wrongly banned, but eventually come out saying they got unbanned. In fact Blizzard has even commented that some people have been wrongly caught up in them and reversed them which lends some credibility to threads being made by players.

So maybe they’re guilty, but also I’ve lost faith in Blizzard in managing this type of stuff so I’m no longer willing to just assume Blizzard unlikely made a mistake and the player is fibbing.

Yup, could be. That’s what appeals are for.

1 Like

I strat farm, no ban, most likely people getting banned aren’t telling you the whole story as is often the case.

8 Likes

Which team?

1 Like

WoW in general, honestly.

Yep our pally that practically lives in there hasn’t had any issues. Generally speaking most of the people who say they didn’t do anything aren’t being truthful. The best is when Blizzard smacks them down publicly with the facts about their own account.

3 Likes