Any veterans find hunters more boring than ever?

I’m pretty much right down the middle.

While there has been a dilution of the class, I think it feels a great deal better than most classes currently. I also have to say I enjoy it now more than pre-wrath, though that could easily be due to me being a moron.

1 Like

Ok, fair point. I forgot we needed specific pets for PvP in Legion. So we went from using whatever pet you wanted in PvE to needing specific pets for both PvP and PvE.

Actually you still couldn’t use whatever pet you wanted in PvE either. If you brought a wolf, for example, you added nothing to the group. You needed to bring a Core Hound (BM) or Nether Ray (non BM) in order to provide Bloodlust. If Lust was covered then you pull out a Quilen (BM) or Moth or Crane (non BM) for Battle Rez. BM hunters could also bring out the Spirit Beast for the heal though it wasn’t as strong as in BfA.

1 Like

Yes, along with the other 11 classes. Damn you Blizzard.

7 Likes

Yea, came back from 3 yr break and hardly play my hunt. Something is missing!

2 Likes

Kind of have to agree. Permanently deleted my main account with all my Hunters near the end of Legion. Rolled a Mag’har and played till 30 yesterday and it was just bleh. 90 more levels of bleh is a nonstarter.

3 Likes

If its bad at max, I can’t imagine how dull it is leveling.

1 Like

Yea. Feels like I’m forced to go bm which is suuuuuuper zzz :sleeping: for me. Love mm, specifically Cata MM. if they just made aimed available while moving it think it would help a lot :triumph::triumph: trying to learn surv to que some 3’s up before the end of season, not really enjoying it tho as I have melee alt that I like for melee. Hopefully it gets a little better next patch :pray:

3 Likes

Yes, along with the other 11 classes. Damn you Blizzard.

I miss my MoP Demon Hunter. :frowning:

1 Like

after playing classic hunter… well i know now why i use to like playing hunter compared to now where it feels bland. more things to press, higher skill cap in pvp.

2 Likes

One thing that I’ve been doing lately with BM which is pretty fun is creating a super high burst spec with it.

Using the 110 talent to let you use KC after a CS during bestial wrath can create some really high burst every 2 mins.

With 50% mastery from gear, popping the 2k agility trinket from pvp (it’s also off the gcd), aspect of the hawk with 2 azerite traits, 2 traits that increase KC by 1000 dmg and has chance to proc a dire beast, you can see big numbers.

So, pop murder of crows, barbed shot, aspect with trinket, bestial wrath, KC, CS, KC, CS, BS, KC, CS etc, in the opening fight I get around 45k dps. During execute phases it’s even stronger and the highest KC crit I’ve gotten so far was 117k! Couldn’t believe it!

When I use BW without any of the other stuff I do around 20k dps, and outside of it, it’s only about 14k.

It’s definitely a fun spec when you just want to do crazy amounts of burst every 2 mins, lol.

The one thing that really sucks about this is pvp. Since KC is considered a “pet ability” despite you having to have line of sight and it taking your focus to do the move. This means it does 35% less dmg. Not only that, but crits do 50% less dmg.

Let’s take a look at that crazy 117k KC. First, remove the 100% dmg from the crit. So now it’s 58.5k. Now, reduce it’s dmg by 35% because it’s a “pet ability” and now it’s 38.02k. Now apply a 50% crit and it caps out at 57k. So, blowing absolutely everything you have, and the person being in execute range the highest crit with KC is 57k.

1 Like

most classes arnt fun anymore.

8 Likes

In my experience, every class in BFA is boring.

I have been maining this hunter as a filthy casual since vanilla. I want to play it so bad but I am just bored.

The normalization of pets and taking away what used to make them unique just killed it for me.

I should be able to pick whatever skin of whatever pet I want as long as I have tamed it and custom build a talent tree for it.

I’m also so sick and tired of barbed shot and cobra shot. Give me something new.

9 Likes

What NukeJukem said, most people are finding their class boring in BFA. BFA has the worst class design in any expansion to date. Coupled with the GCD changes they added, the game overall feels crappy to play. So don’t take it all out on hunters, but if you truly are bored with them you can see what else is out there, but it ain’t pretty.

3 Likes

That is because you had some damage buff you weren’t aware of. KC can’t hit that hard even in 418 ilvl gear. I have crited KC that high before but it was because a quest gave me a damage boost. You probably didn’t realize you even had it.

1 Like

No, it can hit that hard, it just takes a crazy amount of stuff to do so.

First, it requires the enemy being at or below 35% to do 50% more dmg.
Then, it takes the azerite traits to increase mastery during aspect of the hawk. When it’s active I have 117% mastery, so it deals 117% more dmg. (I have 58% when it isn’t active)
Then, it requires 2 dire beast azerite traits so it deals an extra 3000 dmg
Then, it requires bestial wrath
Then, it requires 2000 agi from pvp trinket
Finally, it also requires 2 azerite traits that increase agi by 800 during the first 8 seconds of bestial wrath.

Cata hunter was the best imo. Fun rotation, amazing toolkit. Tol Barad was some of the most fun I have had in game since vanilla and through today.

5 Likes

Have to limit this reply to mostly focus on BM. Or it would be far too long:/

Will provide some links down at the bottom though in regards to current melee Survival and what I would like for it.
As well as a link to a suggestion of my regarding a
4th spec option for the class. #ReturnOldRangedSurvivalToUs

I would agree that if you engage in pretty much anything beyond leveling/questing then it does feel like BM is missing something.
If you ask me, BM currently has several issues with it(not counting pet AI issues):

• Like I said above, it feels like it’s missing something when you engage in longer fights.
  • Talents for the spec feel very, out of touch with what the spec is really supposed to be about, fantasy-wise.
    You have the option to add another 5 abilities to your offensive “rotation” as BM from Talents alone. (6 choices, though 2 are on the same row).
    Dire Beast, Chimaera Shot, A Murder of Crows, Barrage, Stampede, and Spitting Cobra.
    I would say that Dire Beast as well as Chimaera Shot, these are fine the way they are, mostly.
    Barrage, honestly, I don’t know why BM has a talent such as this. It doesn’t fit at all IMO.
    As for Stampede, the idea behind it was fine, it’s just a mess to use it.
    Spitting Cobra, same as Stampede really, maybe not even that. You pop a turret every 1.5min that looks like a snake.

I would want for some of the active abilities you can get from talents to be more tied to your core mechanics as a BM hunter. I want them to be more about your pet. Not just being random stand-alone abilities that you press on CD.

As for passive talents:
-It feels as if Killer Instinct should be a baseline effect added to Kill Command. I mean, it’s called KILL Command…
-Animal Companion, the idea behind it, I love it. In practice, it’s horrible to play with in game. At this stage, it would be better if they essentially just, give us the mechanical design from Hati but added to a second pet of ours. It worked better in Legion.
-Scent of Blood, I honestly don’t know how you can justify occupying a talent slot with something like this. 8 more focus from an ability you use maybe every 8 seconds?
The talent should have another effect added to it. Something like “…and whenever your pet’s Basic Attack hits a bleeding target(affected by Barbed Shot), there’s a chance that your next Kill Command against that target will be a guaranteed critical hit.”
-One with the Pack, same as with Scent of Blood, there should be another effect added to this talent.
I would suggest: “Whenever you get a Wild Call proc, this causes your next Barbed Shot to add an extra Frenzy stack to your pet. Up to a max of 4 stacks.”
Note: If you have 2 stacks of Frenzy, getting a Wild Call proc, this means the next Barbed Shot fired can increase those 2 stacks up to 4. If your pet is already at 3 stacks, it would also increase to 4. You should only be able to stack to 4 if you have the bonus of a Wild Call proc. Otherwise, same as normal, 3 stacks.
-Venomous Bite, same as above, it needs something more.
Maybe this: “The damage bonus of your next Bestial Wrath is increased by 1% for every Cobra Shot fired. And each Cobra Shot fired also causes your next Bestial Wrath to provide you with 1% Haste(the % Haste increases with every Cobra Shot).”
-Thrill of the Hunt, I guess could stay as it is. Although it should also affect your pet, not just you(currently it only benefits you as the hunter).
-Stomp, I would say is a nice idea, though I would want for it to have something like this as well: “If Stomp critically hits your primary target, then the next Basic Attack(Bite, Claw, Smack) done by your pet will be a guaranteed critical hit.”
-Aspect of the Beast, I would like this to be called something else. IMO. Something called that, I would associate it with you as the hunter, and what you do, not what your pet does.

This last point also leads me to something else. I mentioned earlier how it to me, feels like there’s something missing during longer fights as a BM hunter.
Asking myself, what do I think of when I say Beast Mastery hunter.
What comes to mind, is a mechanic we as hunters have had for the longest time.
That mechanic, is the Aspects. Now, all hunter specs have Aspects to some degree. I just would like for BM to be the spec that really embraces what it means to take on the Aspects of all the wild beasts out there.

I made a post the other day(based on my original post that was on the old forums before they were changed). This new post, describes what I would like for a true Aspect-system to be like, for BM hunters.
Here’s the link to it: Beast Mastery[Aspects!]

Note: the actual names of the suggested Aspects, aren’t set in stone.

Other links
Melee Survival suggestions: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/blizzard-gave-up-on-classes/153612/223?u=ghorak-laughing-skull
Old Survival(DoT-spec) suggestions: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/4th-spec-pre-legion-survival-spec-fantasy/47579?u=briz-zenedar

2 Likes

There are only two changes I would make to BM hunter.

1. Increase the damage of kill command by 15-20%. It only does about 20% more damage than our pets auto cast 3 sec cd ability, yet has double the cd and requires the hunter to be in range and uses the hunters focus.

2. Remove the 35% dmg nerf in pvp for kill command. It’s dumb how a move where the hunter has to be in range of the target and the move takes the hunter’s focus is in the same category as your pets auto cast moves and gets slapped with a 35% nerf.

6 Likes

Burning Crusade would like a word.

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
/castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, Auto Shot
/cast [exists,target=pettarget] Kill Command
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()
2 Likes