Any raiding Balance druids?

While for the most part they’re pretty, eh, in raiding, there’s actually a couple of fights were the could actually be superior tanks.

1 Like

Ahh… I see. Well, they should just watch the video instead of presuming. :slight_smile: I especially think that OP would find their channel relevant.

1 Like

Boomkin dps rotation is literally 1 button…

He doesnt need more practice learning how to spam 1 button, they are literally that bad and will only get worse as time goes on.

You’re probably right on paper, but often times Feral Druids are power shifting to maintain their DPS so sometimes they won’t have mana for those clutch moments. It will be really interesting to see what our Boomkin brings to the table in BWL, but at present I have no reason or plans to ask him to switch. Our first week as a raiding guild we went 8/10 (because we didn’t have enough people with douses to unlock Domo). The next week, we were able to unlock Domo and we 1-shot him and 2-shot Rag. The following week we killed Rag before submerge, and this week we almost cleared the whole instance in a single raid night. I’m expecting we’ll full clear next week in a single night. So we get better and better each week, and our Boomkin definitely pulls his weight.

It’s a simple rotation, yes, but on some fights (Garr for example), you can Hurricane or multi-dot with Moonfire and get more DPS than if you just spam Starfire.

Thank you I was tired and wow my writing sucked more than usual.

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I know it’s a meme spec and I’m going to make it work as best as possible. If Insect Swarm is a debuff the raid wants, I can toss it up and get a little more DPS.

I’m going to do what I can, I’m not looking to be mega min/max wow hero 3.0! I just want to raid, help out some guildies, pvp and have fun.

3 Likes

Good luck!!!

lol It’s all good, dude!

I am in the pro-boomkin camp regardless of viability. It certainly helps that our boomkin, Intentional - Fairbanks, puts in the elbow grease to make sure he’s keeping up with our other dps (check him out!).

1 Like

You might want to look up how to play moonkin. Hurricane was nerfed into the ground and is almost never worth casting. He could moonfire 10 adds 2x and be oom while the adds are still at 90% life, hardly a dps increase. Its literally a 1 button spec.

Hurricane was fine as a 31 point. Should have buffed it by removing CD and lowering mana cost. For 31 points would have been fine.

Moonkin dps gets a lot better with spell hit gear from AQ and ZG. Bwl trinket and bloodvine are very important for boomkin dps, as they have no hit talents similar to warlocks.

Not to belabor this thread since OP is clearly satisfied and feeling empowered to run a Boomkin, which was my goal in this thread, but come on. Hurricane is 100% a DPS increase on Garr, Harbinger, Domo, and Sons on Rag vs Starfire spam.

the thing is, the other classes get better with that gear as well. also, they dont scale as well since they are missing the +crit talents (more damage from crits).

this is a main reason why shadow priests look so good right now. they have 4% more hit from talents than mages, and 10% more than warlocks. with better gear the other classes start to overshadow them in a big way

Think Balance gets 100% damage bonus from crits.

It’s not a word that has a meaning up for interpretation.

“capable of working successfully; feasible.”

Balance Druids (and almost every spec) fit that description in vanilla.

Balance has 100% increase damage to crits just like warlocks. yeah other classes get better with hit too, but the classes who dont have hit in their trees (locks, moonkin) look worse right now due to no hit gear

Vanilla itemization is absolutely terrible. There’s a few good hit pieces but a lot share the same spot. It really wasn’t well thought out at all.

ok, so a balance druid doing 0 dps and dying in one hit is viable in Molten Core. That’s the reasoning you end up with when you use a strict textbook definition of a word and ignore the context of the discussion.

Or, you know, you can interpret it intelligently.

My guild is starting a 2nd raid group, its for Alts, and people not in the primary Core raid team (the super competitive one that is beating records). It allows all specs into it because we know all specs are viable and able to work good, even if not the most competitive spec.

I am fairly certain we have a boomkin who is going to be raiding in it, I know also know of at least 1 ret pally that raids.

just play what you want
we run woth a boomkin and 2 rets and still kill ragnaros pre sub with a whole minute to spare
and they dont even have decent gear