Any raiding Balance druids?

I’d be someones FF bot if it meant I could pew pew as Balance

What is your definition of viable? Is it that if the boss dies, then you are viable?

1 Like

Unfortunately this for the bulk of the guilds based on “The forums”… My guild has a boomkin, and he does alright we kill bosses and collect loot; everyone is happy…

DPS is never a problem, I can’t remember a time when it actually was.

Yeah I’m looking for a guild that raid, not some super hardcore guild. I’d join one if they wanted me to spam FF and look cute.

Counterpoint: FF and Moonkin are looking to top speed parses. FF all day, every chance you can get.

My server has lots of pretty open guilds with many raiding teams. So far playing my hunter and with the darkmoon stuff coming out etc and different phases could mean new potential.

Kinda sucks because so far in dungeons love that I can off heal, do damage, main heal etc.

I’m my guild’s raid leader, and a Bear tank, and I actively recruit and welcome Druids of all specs to my raids. We have a Boomkin in our raid and even though his DPS is in the toilet, the utility is much needed. In fact, that Boomkin single-handedly saved us from wiping on Rag with a clutch Brez + Innervate on the tank healer and led to our first kill a few weeks ago.

Boomkin DPS is pretty bad, I won’t lie. He’s not even in the top 20 and we only have like 28 DPS. Part of it is that his gear isn’t the best, and part of it could be that he just needs more practice, but he’s very good with knowing how/when to use his utility and it greatly improves my raid’s quality of life.

1 Like

they would do better as feral and still bring a bunch of utility, but its not like it matters in MC

Moonkin FF + caster support is insane. Damage meters irrelevant for trigger happy FF/boomkin

1 Like

a corpse would be viable by that logic though

hell bringing less than a full raid in the first place is “viable”

?? Do you understand how FF completely and undeniably boosts a raid? Or how casters love moonkin support? Its a complete support play. Theorycraft discords have the confirmations. Its an energing meta. Or. Just play the old mene card in ignorance?

Ill go a step further OP, if your guild leader doesn’t value your spec, keep climbing until you find one who will. Ironforge pro will give you some groups to consider.

ferals get FF too, its in the feral tree ffs

they also bring a nice buff for the melee

Our boomkin has a YouTube channel in case you’re interested! Their latest video about their experience finding a guild: https://youtu.be/e772N5tFmo8

1 Like

Thats true. Depends on raid balance. Feral dps and melee buff have not topped caster boon + balance for caster leaning setups.

Feral shines up to raid offtank, ofc, we love em, right? Dps for casters so far seems to outweigh boon for melee.

FF is cheap, however feral stam is in a useless zone for offtank presuming nonbraindead group overall. Added mana pool of moonkin, ironically, brings more benefit in form of support.

So top raids with lots of bodies to choose from are definitely leaning caster boon for speed runs. I get thats all pserver player stuff, but that’s their obsession.

I presume its more meme propoganda stuff.

But if you cant find a guild leader, of a highly progressive raid group, that sees your value after the benefit of a gazillion p2 raids, it just means you are on a server that …isnt progressing as aggressively as they could, to put it nicely.

Meme propaganda? Lmao

1 Like

Lol y basically. Not sure wed expect some yt vid about how guild groups in 2019 love druids…they cant break out of their meme for the sake of bringing a support class in as a meta :p. Any druid yt vid is likely to be on the smart allecky side of things.

TBH (and I do apologize, but) I am not picking up what you are putting down.

What he is saying is there are a lot of parrots who like to meme-shame based on no actual knowledge of their own.

People are lazy and like to fall back on tired “lol you’re a meme build” comments rather than understanding what they can actually do with the right setups.

2 Likes

its a tossup between prot paladin and moonkin as to the worst spec for 40mans. still unsure why progress brought one over a leader of the pack druid.