Any raiding Balance druids?

Been leveling up a balance druid, pretty fun, pretty frustrating. Want to know how you enjoy raiding/pvp as Balance. Lay your knowledge on me!

I don’t raid as balance but I raid with one.

You are one of the weaker specs, you always will be and in a HYPER competitive guild (which are quite frankly a meme in classic since the content is far from challenging PvE wise) you probably won’t find a spot.

However, its COMPLETELY viable. You can do enough damage and bring enough utility to 99% of raid groups to be worth bringing. Properly geared, the combination of doing enough DPS with the utility of innervate, brez and crit aura make you a decent enough contributor to the raid group.

Outside of Paladin or Shaman tanks (and even those can kind of work with enough time and effort), EVERY spec is viable. Every, single spec.

The raid content is designed for 25-30ish players doing reasonable DPS. So by default, EVERYTHING is viable.

Are you worse in most cases than a Lock, Mage or even sPriest? Probably. Does that mean that your not viable? Not at all.

They actually scale okay as well with enough spell hit.

If you like being a chicken, do it! Though I wouldn’t level as one…

6 Likes

do not level balance. always feral and then switch at 60

One of our Priests raids with his Moonkin alt in the 2nd raid group. He actually does really good DPS in these short MC fights. He did 504 DPS on Gehennas last week, only has one epic.

Thanks for the tips and yikes not many Balance druids it seems!

1 Like

I don’t play a balance druid, but I hope I can give you some advice that is fair.

For raiding, most teams are going to want to have 1 to 2 druids, but for healing.

You will need to accept there’s a stigma against you, and you’ll have to work harder than others to convince a raid leader why you are needed.

That’s also not in terms of your personal DPS, but explain the type of buffs you can bring, and hopefully you’ll find a team that desires those buffs.

Ret palladins, for example, are finding spots on raid teams (1-2) due to the buffs they bring.

Ultimately, if you have a thick skin, while understanding and accepting this reality, you should be ok.

1 Like

1 for healing usually and about 1-3 as a tank. Druid’s are amazing tanks.

As to the OP, its all about finding the right guild.

5 Likes

Dont disagree, in terms of spec desirability though, I think balance is still at the bottom. I think feral is actually desired more in general than balance.

2 Likes

On alliance feral dps can actually be ALMOST competitive, on horde though… no Windfury for cats :frowning:

2 Likes

hi yes.

im a boomkin

and i raid.

also current record holdern for fastest run in mc only brought 1 druid… they were a boomy.

1 Like

Moonkin specced. Raiding. You will just want to have a guild that wants you. They will love to place u with he mages especially if the mage is a guild leader.

A month ago we started doing split onyxia raids. Had 19 maybe 20 in each raid. Our a team brought three druids. One heals, one feral, and one boomy. I was the boomy. We one shotted onyxia with 19 or 20 peeps utilizing three druids , one of each spec.

Again. To each their own. We are one of the best guild on the server and we allow people to play what they like

2 Likes

I been deciding on boomkin or moonglow type build. I know in PvP Balance druids do quite well so not worried about that at all. I just find it to be fun to play besides mana issues.

I also have a hunter, might get into raiding easier as that.

mana issues only happen if you spam moonfire all day.

star fire is incredibly mana efficient

1 Like

What’s your rotation? Or what exactly do you use? Tell me your secrets!

Starfire…

literally just starfire.

2 Likes

Oh geez, no wrath?

nope. no wrath

Only if you think that 1.5 ? sec cast faster time will benefit your last spell to get a hit in

something like that. not to mention 700 dmg crits vs 1.5-1.6k crits