Any plan to fix zg encahnts?

not looking forward to this new level of min-maxing that is more annoying than anything if blizz decides to keep it in the game

2 Likes

Glitch or not, it is CLEARLY unintended simply by the fact that these enchants are labeled as class specific.

That said, I could care less if they “fix” it or leave it as it was. I would guess most people wanting it fixed are people who are most likely unable to take advantage of it easily (too casual), or too lazy to work it out with a mage friend/guildy, or don’t have the gold or want to spend it to go through the trouble of buying it instead of farming for it.

If they fix it whatever, if they leave it great, more hit for me lol.

Classic is BFA client, but reason is probably the same, though i could not get loot trade to work.
I got handed something in a raid by mistake, i could not trade it to the guy who actually rolled for it to save my life.
Fortunately it was not anything terribly special and he said dont worry about it, but it would not let me trade it to him

Oh no, it was a glitch, i mean they did make the items class specific and not sellable for a reason.
It was just a glitch that was never fixed in vanilla

edit:
And actually, i dont know how they even did it then to be honest?

2 Likes

I personally don’t like it, as it gives Mages another way to unfairly corner a market and make tons of money simply for being the right class. Blizzard should just allow any class to choose any enchant from Zanza.

3 Likes

Easy to do, but if you equip the item it’s not tradable. If the UI buggs, you can usually fix that with a full client restart.

Occasionally I get a big where the client mouse interaction gets bugged and my characters spins left constantly. Can’t figure out any repeatable process that can duplicate it, but a restart seems to always work.

Don’t worry if you log out and you have not equipped and the loot trade timer is still open logging will not cancel the timer. We distribute loot in raid and no one equips til the end then we some times shuffle gear to better help the team. One of the retail guys brought that strategy with him.

Did not equip it, it was plate, and i am allergic to metal.
Did not attempt a restart because the raid was moving on, but i kept trying to trade it back to him, every break in the action.

You have discord with overlay enabled by chance?
That happened to me numerous times and i finally realize the overlay
was coming up, but it was invisible.
If you can still type in the game chat though, it is not the overlay

It was possible to enchant BOE items in Vanilla. It was not possible to trade BOP items in Vanilla but it is in Classic.

Of course, these enchants provide a character better performance, the issue is that it changes a character’s BiS itemisation to new heights that were never possible in Vanilla.

They aren’t suggesting that you can’t enchant your own BOP gear by the way, only that you can’t trade BOP gear while enchanting it.

Overlay has been disabled since launch because of a discord blizzard but that caused graphics related crashes, never turned it back on.

The people claiming this was ‘in vanilla’ are hilarious. This exists because of the fact that Classic was reverse engineered in the Legion client, which includes the ability to trade BoP items. Swear that’s the go-to now for everyone trying to exploit this client for all it’s worth. “BUT IT WAS IN VANILLA” … what a joke.

2 Likes

You have zero evidence that it scaled in Vanilla. wowtools doesn’t list the item under patch 1.12.1, I have no idea why Theloras ever even cites wowtools as they get their data from the 1.13 client… which would obviously show something as scaling if it was a bug that was implemented.

Try to find a comment from Vanilla proving the Runeblade scaled, rather than something from 2010 you seem to think confirms Blizzard is lying.

The Runeblade and Flask scaling are guaranteed to be byproducts of the Legion client as well because they’re quite literally snapshotting with effects that were never designed to utilize Snapshotting.

I outsmarted game mechanics in vanilla and was swiftely reported / warned. I mean, it was only exploring Hyjal too.

Even if it were widely known and existed back then, fewer would have used it due to raid gear not being tradeable, so once you upgraded past BoEs, it stopped being valuable.

That part is entirely new to classic.

“I got bored being a Karen IRL and reporting people not social distancing so this is how I get my kicks now”

1 Like

Great post.

I like the pally enchant enough not care but other classes and specs are definitely in a weird spot. 4 mana per 5 is really nothing to write home about in these short fights (and as someone who PVP’s as much as I raid the defense isn’t useless - basically just a hybrid enchant for a hybrid class).

Warriors are probably the most critical class exploiting this as any DPS warrior (or even tank) would prefer rogue/hunter enchants.

If you think that blizzard changed the blade to scale by the TBC pre-patch somehow by accident then I guess it’s possible it didn’t scale in vanilla. I know it scaled with spell damage and healing at that point because I had it and used it. Wish I had known about the snapshotting at that point.

I can say, as a mage, I am happy to see this go either way. If it is a thing I will take my cut of the transaction via tip, and if not ill keep my wonderful enchant for myself and taunt my warlock friends with hit!

1 Like

As far as I know everything snapshotted. Runeblade and flask use the same effect as renew and rejuvenation so there is precedent for them snapshotting.

There is not a rolleyes emoticon large enough to combat your level of absurdity.