Any particular reason why Grimrail depot's first boss is.. one shotty at 2+?

I don’t know if it was just my group i’ve qued up with, (i just qued 2+ a few minutes ago, and we just wiped over and over), but i’ve noticed Borka the Brute’s Mad Dash was pretty one shotty. As in it effortlessly killed our tank. Full Health mind you.

And it’s not like the tank wasn’t trying, i told him what to do because it was relevantly simple to do: Lead the big orc into the goblin when he’s about to do his mad dash since it tracks. (just to make sure it does, i did legacy mythic to ensure that what happens, his moves does track). He was doing the mechanic correctly, it just still killed him.

So either i’m missing something on how to do this dungeon as well be better equiped to tell people like that, or it’s something else.

Well, theres 2 things.

1. Grimrail, and both Karas are overtuned atm.

2. If your back isnt against the box, he hits you instead of the box. You take a hit from the charge, you either outright die or are now at 10%.

2 Likes

It is one shot for anyone I seen 2 dps die from it yesterday in a low one it’s a either you move or die basically.

Those arrows from first boss in Iron Docks is also one shotting people. I’m talking about standing in the fire but the random arrow shots if they connect with you will be a one shot.

I did forget the mention the tank also tried putting distance between themselves and the big guy. It somewhat worked, but given the 3 second cast time, not well. (and the tank was a paladin)

I do remember it hurt alot back in the day to all I know is avoid it I guess. I only did a couple low ones just to see how things were before I venture into trying something harder lol I’m scared.

1 Like

We tryed this until we had over 60 deaths and timed out. Even with back to boxes it just doesn’t work right. You can some times get lucky and side step it or use ability to get out the way the last second but if you have even a moment of lag your screwed.

2 Likes

This is ptr and live right?

Lol jk. I do miss the shadowlands dungeons. At least those got tuned right.

My group had the same issue yesterday in a plus 2. Our tank would get killed and before I knew it I was the last man standing. After so many wipes the group disbanded.

Dang what ilvl was he sheesh. Will say though thats basically the tank buster attack gotta use something for it a good chunk of the time.
The whole dungeon does seem a bit overtuned in the dmg category.

I didn’t check. I will tell you i was 245 and the boss one shotted me as well.

Well ya thats a tank buster attack ots basically meant too 1 shot anyone else that gets hit by it.

1 Like

You basically need a huge health pool for this boss.
I tried a +2 with a brewmaster monk, ilvl 255 around hp 74k, mad dash 1 shot me every single time.
I tried again, +5 with a prot war, ilvl 268 around 110k hp, survived mad dash with 20-30k hp.
Boss died.

posted above comment with the wrong character.

Did it on a +5 with my vengeance demon hunter (ilvl 150). Idk if its because im newish to tanking, but I had to have double defensives up for every single one just to barely live it. For some quick napkin math, i had meta up for every single one – which doubles my hp pool – and fiery brand – which reduces damage taken by 40%. Ignoring any mitigation from armor and demon spikes, 40% DR at 150k hp and still dying is over 300k damage.

I tried it again today and I learned when I tank it, I have to smash my back into the boxes the goblin is standing on. I’m talking constantly holding “s” button down backing into the boxes. Usually I would take almost no damage, but if I let up at all, I would take over 100k damage.

So when people say “point the arrow at the Goblin” They’re not just kind of wrong, they’re 100% incorrect. You need to be clipped inside the crates to avoid the damage.

Jebus. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I feel like that shouldn’t be happening, or something that should be considered as a tactic here to clip into the boxes. I’m surprised i’m not alone to have this problem.

Tazavesh wasn’t. These just came out. they will tune them I’m sure

Yea sadly I did not get a tazavesh key. : /