Any interest in scheduled WPVP events?

Wargames are arena based and quite limited. My suggestion was for an open world free for all type of event. That’s why I referenced TM vs SS battles of old for a frame of reference. Wargames are nothing like that.

I don’t see why people can’t arrange WPvP events.

As Nomak said, War Games are arena based and follow tournament rules. They’re limited in what you can do, what you can use, and where you can fight.

Personally, I would enjoy a nice 5v5, 10v10, or a 15v15 battle at one of the old world zones. It’d be amazing to fight at that arena ground in Feralas, in Dire Maul. There’s more areas but I can’t think of them at the top of my head.

1 Like

Irisse does not like fair numbers in their PVP.

3 Likes

Agreed. Did this a few times I think in MoP. It’s been a while. Just picked an old zone many of us hadn’t been to in a while, and arranged a roughly even skirmish. Typically 10-20 people. Had a great moment when the enemy raid dropped from a tree that was overlooking a road in Ashenvale. Took us completely by surprise.

1 Like

You can use battlegrounds, too. I don’t know if you can use the Tarren Mill brawl.

They actually default to nontournament rules, though you can set tournament rules if you want.

If you want the numbers to stay even, I agree you are better off picking an old world zone where you won’t be affecting any random questers. Otherwise you will inevitably interfere with random people who will be perfectly justified in calling in help if they feel like it.

1 Like

I would love to do a WoD wpvp battle to work on the nemesis achievements.

1 Like

Nah, I want to do world pvp with this. Not anything in an instance.

2 Likes

Irisse are you a lesbian ?

I figured Iresse was a girl. Unless they’re that much into roleplaying that is.

1 Like

Deleted my posts on the subject. Don’t want to be in trouble for harassment.

God forbid you get banned from these gorgeous forums !

No matter the rules you set, no matter how fair you try to keep it, this will still happen,
WPVP = anything goes. It suxs… but so does War.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEpv7YxnLCQ

2 Likes

No fair, I missed the second one!

1 Like

A classic. This is what makes world PVP world PVP.

2 Likes

I miss Cata WPvP. R.I.P. SWBRB

1 Like

Sign me up. On ED would be cool. Maybe after the event some of the horde guys should go play around near Ironforge to see what happens.

2 Likes

Tournament in one of the rings of blood or something. Or Gurubashi less chance of randoms showing up.

1 Like

Excellent idea compa.
Preferably somewhere that flying is disabled.

1 Like

I was tossing grenades off the roof in goldshire 1 hitting low level chars while waiting for my RBG to fill last night.

I welcome anyone who would like to join me

That’s WPvP right?

2 Likes

If the days and times are friendly, I’m down. I think player made content is often better than anything devs really can do.

Shadowblades had talked about picking the phase in or the sharding. Is there a good mod or trick on how to do that? Is there an unofficial pvp realm we might start looking at transferring too? I’m from this pvp server grouping: Agamaggan, Archimonde, Jaedenar and the Underbog

I’m also going to park a toon within the next month on ED to support the pvp created player content there. I could probably do one other server or server group if its necessary.

When I was mass inquiring in the past, it looked like the current game starts having issues at the 40 vs 40 mark. We could do multiple locations if there was a lot of response. link from that thread below.

Player created War Mode fun? Anyone want to take the faction war to next level?

Also due to a lot of the issues listed below it might be best to use team coms, even for both sides. Here’s a multiserver pvp one a lot of players may not have seen that supports Alliance and Horde:

Again, I’m down. Player driven wars is something my crew likes to do.

/salute