Antumbra, Shadow of the Cosmos - The sun is evil!

You have sexual fantasies about Chicken Nuggets? O.o

-_-

Not that. The Make sure it goes in my mouth comment you silly goose

Denying the truth are we :stuck_out_tongue:

I would plead the 5th, but that would just look suspicious :laughing:

Let’s not open up that can of worms

Or should we?

2 Likes

I hope you aren’t referring to that table
“Six seats at the high table, six mouths that hunger. Bal will consume all others”

4 Likes

Lets not. Some things are meant to stay buried :smiley:

But it is whispering to me. Telling me to open it.

I didn’t say that

I said Blizzards attempt at it sucks

You cannot deny that this story sucks, that Zovaal sucks, that you are hoping that it’s “Zovaal is Anshe that was twisted by the Old Gods”

Which given Blizzard track record with Horde lore, is IMHO an unreasonable hope

And this bad attempt at what is a cool concept IRL coming at the sacrifice of the Tauren-centered, Horde-centered Solar Deity Counterpart of the Nelf Centered Alliance Centered Lunar Deity would suck

This story isn’t good, AND it’s exhausting for everything Horde to always end up being tied to Some Evil Thing

They’re trying their best (allegedly) with the mess they’ve inherited but there’s no way this is good

Imagine if Cairne’s revelation to Baine had made it into PTR.

Imagine if we’d been confirmed that Tauren are actually Life Altered Death Constructs

10 Likes

That was a far better response, thank you for expanding on your original criticism.

You are right, Blizzard does have a poor track record of handling their own lore.

I think they are going to have the Tauren share similar experiences with the Dwarves tbh, they both share similar lore points. Like the Dark Iron Dwarves, the Shu’halo went too deep into the Earth’s crust. We are still not sure if Azeroth is the Earthmother or the Earthmother is Freya, though I lean towards the Latter. Belular made a recent video saying something similar and Nobbel just slammed him for it, Nobbel points out that the lore says the Earthmother isn’t Azeroth but still resides on Azeroth so she may be dormant under Stonetalon Mountains.

There’s still an unknown Titan facility and I would bet my pants it’s under Stonetalon. But personally, I would think it’s a let down if the Earthmother was just another Titan construct. or Freya.

Have you seen this video, even well known WoW lore content creators act like us when it comes to the lore. Nobbel “That’s wrong.”

That was not what I was doing. Considering that I was using established lore to aid my arguments. Stop overreacting to every little thing. Like putting words into Baals mouth in this very thread.

Which is weird since Baine refers to Azeroth as the Earthmother in the cinematic where he returns Derek to Jaina.

3 Likes

How much you want to bet that Blizz is going to pull a Oshu’gun(the crashed ship with a dying Naaru that crystalized into a mountain) with Stonetalon Mountain and thats why Taurens ancestors reside there?

5 Likes

That’s not a bad theory. I wish they would revisit Oshu’gun there’s a lot of good Naaru lore there.

Azeroth herself is described as a “Syzygy”, It’s a astronomical term that stands out because it’s suggesting Azeroth herself is an “unholy union of Light and Shadow.” or the convergence of two opposites. This term is usually only used when relating to cosmic terms or alchemy, as a conjunction.

Azeroth is not a Titan, that is certain. Deathwing calls her a “failed Titan experiment” proposing that the Titans either created her or found her and used her as a source of cosmic knowledge. The closest thing we can use to describe her as is, is if a Light Lord and an Old God had a baby, she’s the baby.

(now that I think on it, it would be like if Alleria and Turalyon had another baby, who knows what this baby would be)

1 Like

Thanks. I like it now that I think about it. It would explain so much, and still keep the Tauren faith intact

Well we do know that the Naaru did visit Azeroth at some point. As it is mentioned in Chronicles and the final boss of the prison wing of Tempest Keep is a qiraji. Which are Aqir that were further mutated by C’thun as a reward for overthrowing the Old Gods prison.

1 Like

Thats right, Chronicles explained that’s how the humans eventually developed their Light based faith

Totally forgot about that until now

3 Likes

The question that remains now is, how exactly did a naaru vessel crash into Stonetalon and how come no-one has heard of it?

Not sure, but there is defiantly SOMETHING residing within those mountains that drawing Tauren souls to it for some reason.

1 Like

I missed a lot of Garrosh’s story but wasn’t he also interested in Stonetalon?

it was one of the zones the orcs were trying to secure so they could move supplies easier to other fronts.

8 Likes