Antumbra, Shadow of the Cosmos - The sun is evil!

I am well aware of how media and society view SA towards men. I have brought it up in another thread a few months back. Practically when it comes to SA towards men from men. It is viewed as “karmic justice” when in the context of prison. To the point it was a common “threat” on crime dramas to get a male suspect to talk.

I am just confused how Saurfang is sexist for not liking Sylvanas for what she was doing to the Horde when he felt the exact same way when it came to Garrosh back in MoP. It basically creates a mindset that a woman can do no wrong when in a position of power. And if a male dare criticizes them then they are automatically sexist. Even if they spoke out against their male boss previously. Basically saying they don’t care who is in charge. If they take them down a dark path they will speak out about it.

4 Likes

I just called out a guy on GD for this. He complained about how Captain Garrick comforted her son in Exile’s Reach because it triggered his fragile masculinity.

9 Likes

It feels different this time…because Suarfang literally planned the entire kick off of the fourth war and ONLY start complaining about Sylvanas ruining His Horde when he didn’t get his Good War.

6 Likes

I think I was mostly offended by Baal saying Luciferianism is stupid.

Anytime Baal disagrees with someone else’s opinions or stances , he goes out of his way to say “x is stupid” and then tries to claim intellectual superiority. I annoys the hell out of me. He did the exact same thing with nihilism, he called it “high school level philosophy.” Baal has a huge ego, and sometimes it sucks the air out of the room. I assume we all have some kind of post secondary education, meanwhile Baal acts like he’s working on his fifth Master’s Degree on whatever subject we are discussing. He’s trying to sit in an Ivory Tower, and that’s absolutely the sign of someone who isn’t as educated as he tries to claim he is.

Either we are all equal at this table, or we are not. I want everyone here to have a seat at the table.

7 Likes

I can see why people can view it that way. But I mean the guy has been trying to make amends for the horrors he took part in while under Gul’dans horde. So when he saw Teldrassil go up in flames I feel that was the breaking point. Not only was he lied to, but he took part in another genocide. Something he wanted to flat out avoid. At least with Theramore, Garrosh “allowed” the non-combatants to flee before he mana nuked it.

The main problem was that the whole fourth war was stupid. The premise was stupid. I mean why would anyone buy that goody two shoes Anduin will launch a total war against the horde? The answer is no-one, but Blizzard needed characters to be written stupid so it can start rolling.

So really every character is a victim of BFA’s poor writing. Not just Sylvanas.

2 Likes

Only to round them up afterwards. Lets face it. Saurfang is a hypocrit and at the end he realized he was one to.

7 Likes

Well that is what happens when you have writers who require their characters to become stupid idiots to get their story to happen. Everyone involved in the War of Thorns was a victim of Blizzards poor writing.

If Blizzard had framed the War of Thorns as a response to the Alliance attacking Horde goblins in Silithus over Azerite instead of “they might launch a total war against us soon™” it might have required less characters to suddenly act stupid. Plus it frames it as the Alliance being the aggressors this time. It would make it more believable. Even have it that the Night Elves sent their fleet to transport the Azerite they got from Silithus via Feathermoon Stronghold back to Darnasses to explain why the fleet is down there. Not because of some 4-D chess move. As for the vindicaar idk.

12 Likes

Least you know why some people think Saurfang is a sexist this time around. Don’t have to agree with it, but we have our valid reasons for thinking such

Unfortunately, to some, I am labelled a sexist for not agreeing with it. And I find blocking someone for not agreeing with it to be childish and immature. Particularly when they want to know why they feel that way.

Realistically every character involved was a victim to Blizzards poor writing with the whole thing. It wasn’t just Sylvanas.

3 Likes

I rarely loose my cool or become combative on here, and if I am, it’s because someone picked a fight and got one.

Anyway, lets get this thread back on topic if at all possible. We got another thread to discuss Sylvanas in. No need to derail this one

This is the story forums, when has a thread got back on the track after being derailed?

I’m asking nicely to stop derailing it :eyes:

1 Like

I was making a joke.

This thread was derailed long before I came along.

I know :smiley:

I just wish we all tried harder to not derail threads is all, nothing personal

It is the law of the story forums.

As n approaches infinity (n being the no. of posts), the probability of a thread becoming derailed or worse, a Sylvanas thread converges to 1.

And the probability that it would become no longer derailed approaches 0.

Besides, do we really want to get back to petty fighting over Zovaal being An’she or not?

Yes. It’s better than arguing for the ten millionth time about Saurfang and his views about how a woman was ruining His Horde as he put it

7 Likes

Stop derailing the thread Micah :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’mma throw a chicken nuggie at you in a minute :smiley:

2 Likes

Make sure it goes into my mouth.

I’m….just not going to touch that statement….for reasons. Mainly my mind being in the gutter atm :smiley: